Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Vertical dynamic deflection of south 2nd deck.

189,544 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by The Collective
MagnumLoad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
"Supposed to be fixed"
-my sources
I also believe that to be the case, but no confirmation. My hope is that there will be an official statement at some point in the next couple of months.

BTW, the concrete is in relatively small precast sections and spans perpendicular to the direction of differential deflection of the SEZ 2nd deck cantilevered steel, so, although it could be, a lack of concrete cracking is not necessarily an indication of "acceptable" deflection.

A SEZ first deck fan reported first hearing noise from supported pvc piping and then seeing separation and closing of the interface between the concrete and steel that was increasing before jumping stopped, at the LSU game, which could indicate that the concrete may not be completely constrained to differential vertical movement of the steel, very possibly by design.
spaceman
AG
quote:
The immediate and cheap "fix" is to stop playing that dumbass Sandstorm song....WE aint SC.
I like the song ... but that is an easy solution: Identify the culprit frequency, and then don't play songs whose tempo matches it.

Problem solved. No danger, and no real money spent.
MagnumLoad
quote:
Magnum,
It seems strange that after all this time , the disposition of this is being kept so secret . Could it be that the
Architect / Engineer & Contractor are embarrassed , and don't want to damage their reputations , and it is quietly being corrected in sequence with the remainder of the Project ?
Oyster, I sure hope not. That would be a very bad idea. Even if the engineers took that approach, it is obviously in the best interest of the 12th Man Foundation and Texas A&M to be open about this. My expectation is that they do not want to make any official statement or announcement until the path forward is certain. The investigation, analysis, and remediation design (if needed) take time. Even if that is not completed until this spring, there remains ample time to construct the fix before this coming season. Even if no remediation is needed, the investigation and analysis would need to be completed before any statement could be made with certainty. I am very optimistic if not certain that the end result will be good.

Sorry for the delay but I did not notice your post until recently.
TexasRebel
AG
Yep. The end result is current.
MagnumLoad
Based on recent information I received from an Aggie that was sitting in the SEZ first deck under the overhang of the second deck at the LSU game, flexibility of the precast concrete deck sections may be the biggest issue. The concrete deck spans between the cantilevered steel trusses and actually carries the load to the steel trusses. However, flexibility and dynamic response of the steel and concrete matrix should also be analyzed. If needed, stiffening beams spanning between the steel trusses could be added under the concrete, for additional support of the concrete.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
The immediate and cheap "fix" is to stop playing that dumbass Sandstorm song....WE aint SC.
Yeah, eff the team that gets hyped to it. Good thinking.

dumbazz
ag92tx
fooz
quote:
quote:

dumbazz

I'd wager if the players took a poll, they would choose a different song.
John Galt Sr
AG
quote:
quote:

dumbazz
Sandstorm playing really helped us during the LSU game.
hurleyag
AG
quote:
So the whole thread is just a couple of Old Ags trying to get hype music banned at Kyle?
fooz
quote:
quote:
So the whole thread is just a couple of Old Ags trying to get hype music banned at Kyle?
Do you even reading comprehension bro? It's one song that creates the frequency.
Texaggie7nine
You think Sandstorm has a unique BPM for dance songs??
7nine
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
Thanks for doing a really good job of simplifying the terminology used so that non-engineers will understand what you're talking about, OP. Good Lord, dude.
fooz
quote:
It would appear so since no other songs had the same results.
Motel California
S
previous thread on this same exact thing
MagnumLoad
quote:
Thanks for doing a really good job of simplifying the terminology used so that non-engineers will understand what you're talking about, OP. Good Lord, dude.
"concrete", "steel", "deck", "beam", "truss" - real toughies for esquires maybe; zall good dough
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:
It would appear so since no other songs had the same results.
Kyle hasn't really played other dance songs to that level. Zombie Nation has a very similar BPM.
7nine
TexasRebel
AG
I'll point out that it isn't cantilevered...
MagnumLoad
quote:
I'll point out that it isn't cantilevered...
The steel trusses that extend out over the SEZ first deck certainly are cantilevered by any definition that I have ever known. There are no vertical support members under the leading (field) edge. The concrete deck sections that span between truss lines are not cantilevered.

I refer you back to the photographs posted near the bottom of page 8 by agnerd, particularly the 4th one down I believe.
MagnumLoad
quote:
This dumb thread needs to get canned.
Dumber.

Neglected to add, that there is a real good reason that it has not been "canned".
TexasRebel
AG
Pics or it didn't happen.
MagnumLoad
quote:
Pics or it didn't happen.
Common knowledge by anyone who has seen it or looked at the construction photos. Again, refer to agnerd's pics near the bottom of page 8.
TexasRebel
AG
I think you should be more concerned with falling through an unfinished product based on those pictures.
Fitch
AG

The Collective
AG
quote:
I think you should be more concerned with falling through an unfinished product based on those pictures.

Do you know the schedule?
TexasRebel
AG
Yep. Not cantilevered. That fat angle brace is in compression.
El Nino in Londontown
AG
quote:
You came to the right place to voice your concerns. My team and I will get to work immediately with the review you have requested.
Paul Biegler, Esq.
AG
quote:
quote:
"concrete", "steel", "deck", "beam", "truss" - real toughies for esquires maybe; zall good dough

Yeah....THAT's what I was referring to, buddy.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

dumbazz

The players themselves have said multiple times that they love sandstorm. One of the reasons they were so jacked up at Auburn.

You're a fool.
fireinthehole
quote:
Yep. Not cantilevered. That fat angle brace is in compression.

Cantilevered "truss", compression member, with an overhung top chord. The movement was more than normal, especially at the leading edge midspan of concrete deck, whatever you term the support structure config.
ag92tx
I found some of these laying around at home. If any of y'all want to get together this weekend, we can model out a proposed solution to send in. Thanks Ags!

tbirdspur2010
AG
As long as your snotty little sister leaves her damn duplos at home...
fooz
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

dumbazz

The players themselves have said multiple times that they love sandstorm. One of the reasons they were so jacked up at Auburn.

You're a fool.
Link?
TexasRebel
AG
Also not a truss.

Definitely a frame.
tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

dumbazz

You're a fool.
Link?

Here ya go (Malcome Kennedy Auburn post game presser):

Quote at 2:30:

"We came out and they played "Sandstorm" and we went crazy. That's our favorite song. It helped us."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.