Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

284,154 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
dimeboxaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Behold, the self-centered future of our country.

Overreact much?

No over reaction. It's true.

chipotle
quote:
We should all apologies to fish camp.

Nevah!!!!!
Jeffersons Ghost
WTF is impact camp? I assumed when someone was talking about the camp that it was fish camp.
jdls13
AG
quote:
This was actually an Impact camp. We should all apologies to fish camp.

A negative impact camp?
Snookie
quote:
This was actually an Impact camp. We should all apologize to fish camp.

Plot twist...
persona non grata
"Hey, kids, that's a memorial, be more respectful next time."
"Oh crap, I feel like an idiot. So sorry, I wasn't thinking."

end of story

Get a grip, losers.
Decay
AG
quote:
This was actually an Impact camp. We should all apologies to fish camp.
proof?
Fish-N-Chips
AG
quote:

[This message has been edited by B-B-Beaver (edited 6/27/2013 4:14p).]

Lol he joined today and this is his only post. Good try.
SpringsAg
AG
chipotle
quote:
end of story

Get a grip, losers.

Yep, but people here want blood.
Keegan99
AG
quote:
@_katherineann
TexAgs response to FC pictures at Bonfire Memorial is worse than FC pictures at Bonfire Memorial

This is false equivalency and a steaming pile of dung.

Whoever tweeted this needs to have a long heart-to-heart with the friends and family of a Bonfire victim or two.
dimeboxaggie
AG
quote:
Smh... It only gets worst. Damn new army neon fish camp.

You mother ****ers will burn in hell for that one!!!!!!

FriscoKid
AG
OK, she has a mental issue. We should lay off of her...

quote:
Alyssa McCainþ@alyssaaamcc19 Jun
I Really miss when bleacher report actually wrote about important and interesting things about SPORTS. Not Johnny's personal life

[This message has been edited by FriscoKid (edited 6/27/2013 4:22p).]
Snookie
One of the girls is a ZTA (flashing her crown pose)
Malachi Constant
AG
quote:
#dosomethingbetterwithyourlives

Do something better with you life like having respect for students that were your age when they were killed.
Aston04
AG
The internet embarrassment is the true punishment for these kids. Obviously, they didn't have a freaking clue what kind of land mine they were stepping in by posing for those photos.

Stupid? Sure. But again the public distribution (and humiliation) and is huge. I guarantee if any of those people involved had a clue they wouldn't have done it. Sure some counselors have hopes about hooking up. But they still do spend months of service getting fish camp organized and work hard to help facilitate mingling among new freshman and basic understanding of traditions (ironically which this camp didn't have a freaking clue about Bonfire). My camp counselors introduced me to and took me to things like Silver Taps and Yell Practice. They didn't have to do that. They truly loved A&M and served it.

This whole thing is sad. It reminds me of when the Corps does something dumb and then inevitably a thread starts on Texags bashing the Corps as a whole.
Sentinel
AG
quote:
Who cares it just thing that's a waste of space and money.. get over stuff is going to happen

You know how I know you're in Fish Camp?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
What is an "Impact Camp?"
chipotle
quote:
Who cares it just thing that's a waste of space and money.. get over stuff is going to happen

Your trolling is bad. And you should feel bad.
steve84
AG
"I have no words as I sit here in tears...My daughter class of 14 is incredibly upset and sitting in the back office of her job in tears as well. We can tell that one of the portals used for these tasteless photos belongs to a family member. A young man we watched grow up. A young man that lost his life showing his love and dedication for his school. We spent many hours praying and waiting by the phone and refreshing the internet site to to see he would be found alive. These students need to be held accountable. Leadership positions of any kind should be revoked. In addition, I propose that they meet face to face with family members who lost a loved one in the bonfire collapse. "

After seeing this post, the images, and some of the comments, I am having trouble organizing my thoughts. So here some of my random impressions in no particular order:

Sau_m_auff, I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how seeing these images could affect you, hurt so deeply. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

My family is close personal friends with another family whose precious child is remembered by one of those portals. I am sure that their hurt will be similar to yours if and when they become aware of this situation.

Most times I visit the memorial, I am deeply affected, as an Aggie, and from having such a close personal tie. It amazes me that another Aggie (or future freshman) could not feel the same sense of respect and admiration for the lives that are represented there. And a school/body of students and former students who choose to remember them with such a memorial.

So what to do? I wont jump in with the other suggestions for punishment. I can only assume that the young people in the pictures had no idea how disrespectful these actions were and I would hope that once they do realize, that the shame of the negative affects of their actions would be substantial punishment in itself. Maybe other punishment is appropriate as you all suggest, I cant think clearly at the moment. I wont bash Fish Camp, but I think that an examination of the curriculum would be appropriate to ensure that important Aggie values are uniformly expressed. Maybe I am really just "Old Army" and my opinions are antiquated, but I am third generation with the fourth currently in school. I see a general slipping of traditions and attitudes, and dare I say, "Spirit" that occurs seemingly each year.

I am disturbed by some of your comments, especially the sexual ones found in this thread. Our society is degrading at an alarming rate and I am disappointed that the affects seem to permeate even a forum largely consisting of Aggies. So enough of my soapbox. We should seek now to comfort the families that will certainly be deeply hurt by the images and look for ways to help educate future Aggies in the things and ideas we value so dearly.
BCO07
AG
quote:
Yeah I know one person is a senior member of the Corps of Cadets

i would assume as much as i see gen ramirez on social media, hes aware and will take some sort of actioin
Snookie
So far we have accusations of:
Fish Camp
T-Camp
Impact
BradC34
AG
I think the odds of somebody from the pictures posting in this thread shot way up in the last 30 minutes.
Sentinel
AG
Stop saying it's Impact! It has been confirmed that it's Fish Camp!
FTA011
AG
quote:

not even close to being a 'funny' troll...

FYI, Impact is the Christian based orientation program that gets students involved in fellowship and organizations as they transition to college. THIS is one of the best programs that A&M has for Freshman.
BradC34
AG
quote:
"Hey, kids, that's a memorial, be more respectful next time."
"Oh crap, I feel like an idiot. So sorry, I wasn't thinking."

end of story

Get a grip, losers.

Which photo were you in?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Warning to chipotle and Tigre: If you keep posting about this, it's going to start looking like you care.
space_treadmill
AG
quote:
What is an "Impact Camp?"

A separate christian camp for incoming freshman.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
Impact is not run by the breakaway guys. Get your facts straight.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Behold, the self-centered future of our country.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overreact much?

Nope. I feel like I will do quite well in the future with all these new idiots entering adulthood.
Mr. Lahey
AG
all the counselors running over here to make accounts just makes this thread better (or worse)

edit: thatguy05, you better not get this thread deleted with that ****

[This message has been edited by OEagg11 (edited 6/27/2013 4:22p).]
AGinHI
AG
quote:
#really #dosomethingbetterwithyourlives

Like I said, there "punishment" should be community service with the terminally ill and their families so they can better appreciate life, loss, and the impact on loved ones.
yakbak13
AG
Impact camp as I understand is a Religious Fish Camp essentially centered around religion. With that being said, I know one of the girls in the pictures, and she is not involved in Impact Camp.
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
Impact is not run by the breakaway guys. Get your facts straight.

Their website seems to think it is.

http://impactretreat.com/pages/What-Is-Impact/Board-Of-Directors
persona non grata
quote:
Warning to chipotle and Tigre: If you keep posting about this, it's going to start looking like you care.

What's wrong with caring?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.