Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

283,921 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
BCO07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Looks like he is in PMC too. You'd think a guy like that would stop and say "Yeah, this is maybe not so smart."

guess you dont know much about pmc
reb,
AG
quote:
On behalf of everyone associated with Fish Camp, I apologize from the bottom of my heart for the unfortunate and inappropriate photographs that circulated briefly on social media. While the actions portrayed in these photographs do not reflect the Aggie Core Values or the Fish Camp values, I know these students, and I know there was no ill-intent or disrespect intended to the memories of the 12 Aggies who are memorialized at the site. While I was not present when the photographs were taken, I know the students involved are devastated by the hurt that this has caused to the families and friends of those fallen Aggies and all other members of the Aggie family. We continually strive to improve the education our members and incoming freshmen receive about the rich traditions and history that we hold dear at Texas A&M University. I assure you that my fellow directors and I will take active steps in using this moment as a point of education, not only for those involved in the incident, but for the entire organization. Again, I deeply regret that this incident occurred. I plan to reach out to the families of the 12 fallen Aggies to express my regrets, and I am eager to work with our organization moving forward.

Regards,

Max Cadena ‘13

Head Director | Fish Camp 2013
Crawdaddy
AG

[This message has been edited by Crawdaddy (edited 6/27/2013 5:46p).]
space_treadmill
AG
quote:
Coming from a recent co-chair, fish campers need to know the #1 rule for when TexAgs gets a hold of something fish camp related like this- sit down, shut up, don't mention it in social media, and DON'T make a new TexAgs account to try and defend it in a post your sure will make everyone see the truth. It's only going to make you look dumb and add fuel to the fire. The more you try and defend it or talk bad about TexAgs, the longer this will last.

Well said. To any current counselors reading this, let us old ags defend fish camp. There are former counselors and chairs here (myself included). Theres a reason this place is called the "zoo". You wont get very far here.

Let the advisors and directors take point on damage control and follow their lead.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Nice, a statement. Should be 6 fresh pages of b/tching and dissecting of every sentence by the time I get home from work.

[This message has been edited by FPS Doug (edited 6/27/2013 5:43p).]
CTAnon
quote:

Some of y'all are freaking sick. Posting names and providing links to their Facebook accounts.. How are you any better than what they've done?

This thread is covered in bad bull inside and out

welcome to the internet
Crawdaddy
AG
quote:
This was most definiely in poor taste.

But its ironic that some of you calling for their heads are also making inappropriate sexual remarks about one of the girls. Bad bull.
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
This. These kids don't need to be vilified, they made a terrible mistake. We all made decisions we regretted while at A&M.

Or was that just me?

I will take this stance once they issue an apology (haven't read this whole thread yet). Until they do, they should get their degree from some other school.
Dave Robicheaux
AG

[This message has been edited by Dave Robicheaux (edited 6/27/2013 6:06p).]
The Real Maroon Blood
AG
Having known CTs and BQs that were fish camp counselors personally, I can tell you that they are no less "clued-out" than any non-reg who's a counselor.
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
Some of y'all are freaking sick. Posting names and providing links to their Facebook accounts.. How are you any better than what they've done?

Information which is publicly available. If this bothers any of them, perhaps it will serve as a lesson in social media and privacy.

They have chosen to be ambassadors for our school. It's not shocking for something like this to happen when they do that job so horridly.

[This message has been edited by Jeffersons Ghost (edited 6/27/2013 5:48p).]
fishcamppics
been up long enough

[This message has been edited by fishcamppics (edited 6/27/2013 5:52p).]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 6/27/2013 9:09p).]
persona non grata
quote:
Aggie Core Values

wow, you'd think he would at least be able to spell corps correctly
Hank Mardukas
AG
fishcamppics
JCarter1017
AG
wow, what an embarrassment!
Jeffersons Ghost
Holy hell
good nuggets
AG
fish camp
Sentinel
AG
quote:
quote:
Aggie Core Values

You can't be this stupid.
deceptivespeed14
AG
Hold up
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
this is easily one of the best programs that a&m offers its freshmen

No, it's not. Bonfire was.

Yep, didn't go to fish camp as a freshman. Bonfire was my a&m education.

Same here.
Decay
AG
quote:

lol

Also, he apology is exactly what should have happened first - not rushing to defend their actions from people in or associated with that DG.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
But its ironic that some of you calling for their heads are also making inappropriate sexual remarks about one of the girls. Bad bull.

I want to point out I never once called for any of the heads of the girls I made sexual remarks about.
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
I want to point out I never once called for any of the heads of the girls I made sexual remarks about.

Well, not in one sense at least...
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:

As a dude who isn't above it, I'll just say check out fishcamppics's second link before it's deleted.
persona non grata
[Inappropriate content removed. - Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 6/27/2013 9:54p).]
persona non grata
wait, maybe i read that wrong
Mike Elko
AG
Disrespectful and lack of common sense. Pull your heads outta your asses, kids.
Sex Panther
AG
These kids need to learn what it means to be a Fightin Texas Aggie Mother ****er
Mr. Lahey
AG
quote:
quote:

+1
chosin
AG
Whooooop, mother ****ers!
Sau_m_auff
AG
I find it sad that some of the remarks on this page devalue the importance of this thread. Bad Bull! And I'm out.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

Someone doesn't understand what irony is.

Calling for an air headed bimbo to be taken out of a leadership position is actually pretty consistent.
Jeffersons Ghost
There's only so much "what they did is terrible" you can talk about before devolving into "She must have back problems."
MicheIangeIo
AG
For those of you calling for these ags heads, please stop and quit blowing S out of proportion. Was it poor judgement....yes. Was it bad taste...yes. Were they purposely trying to disrespect bonfire...hell no.

Fish camp is a great organization and stands for a hell of lot more than those Aggies whose biggest involvement with the campus involves getting on this website to criticize.

For those of you calling for them to "not get their rings" or whatev, you are a tard and please stop trolling because what you are saying is directly associated with a fellow Aggie, (and don't throw the argument back that what these fish campers did also directly disrespected a fellow ag, because what those of yall on texags are saying is intentional, unlike the fish campers which was a lapse in judgement.)

Talking crap on this website isn't gonna do a damn thing now. They have apologized, I am sure they are extremely embarrassed, and will rethink how to conduct themselves the next time they step anywhere on campus.

Some of those involved in the situation have been at A&M for 4.5+ years and have had great careers thus far at A&M. I know they would never want to do anything to offend bonfire, and more importantly the families of those lost.

Do students/former students have a right to be offended about what happened? Yes

Do students/former students have a right to ***** and moan and call for punishment to these Aggies? NO. Only the families and friends of those lost do.

BTHO Alabama
CDub06
AG
Fish Camp gonna Fish Camp

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.