Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

283,208 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
sawthemoffxx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fish camp has become selective in that you have to act like a flamboyant fa**ot to be a counselor. It's absurd
Original Toad Boy

****ing idiots...these people look stupid.
fishcamppics

[This message has been edited by fishcamppics (edited 6/27/2013 5:14p).]

[This message has been edited by fishcamppics (edited 6/27/2013 5:14p).]
dimeboxaggie
AG

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 6/27/2013 9:05p).]
chipotle
quote:
Counselors are told from the beginning that they need to watch their behavior because of situations just like this. They are the face of Texas A&M to many and need to act like it!

You know, I'm kind of glad this happened now so they see the effects of their behavior. It's a shame that this had to involve the bonfire memorial, but maybe that perplexing organization will be better. I hope.
Original Toad Boy

[This message has been edited by Original Toad Boy (edited 6/27/2013 5:16p).]
chipotle

Oh Lord help them. They're about to get TexAg'd.

[This message has been edited by chipotle (edited 6/27/2013 5:20p).]
lukin8878
A mistake is posing like an idiot at a site that you didn't know was a memorial. How is this an example of a mistake?
Ian Neff
AG
hors de erves
Sex Panther
AG
*edit because pic has been removed... but my below statement remains.*

Don't approve of posting pics from their facebook accounts... but I wood so hard.

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 6/27/2013 5:17p).]
jtnelson16
AG
LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!
Mr. Lahey
AG
Oh boy, that's one. Who's next?

[This message has been edited by Oeagg11 (edited 6/27/2013 5:16p).]
reb,
AG
quote:
Oh Lord help them. They're about to get TexAg'd.

gogo internet hate machine. its like a force of nature, it can't be reasoned with.

whats about to happen to them is going to blow their little minds
HeyGuys
The Collective
AG
Stepping away...
Ian Neff
AG
they 100% deserve it.

TEACH THEM WHAT THEIR PARENTS COULD NOT.
chipotle
Might want to lay off the names of these folks and pictures. I like chaos as much as the next guy but this could get out of hand.
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
*edit because pic has been removed... but my below statement remains.*

Way way ahead of ya!
Decay
AG
quote:
if you know anything about fish camp, you know that the actions of a few do not represent the intentions of the 1,000+ students involved in the organization.

Yeah these guys ****ed up, but they are your fellow aggies and had no intention of dishonoring the bonfire memorial.

Respect is one of the core values of A&M,

and while these students were not thinking,

the complete lack of respect for the exact organization that helps keep our sacred traditions alive is absurd.

There are a lot of people involved in fish camp that are bettering this university,

to those of you that sit on TexAgs and insult them, what have you done for Texas A&M? Thrown your opinion around online?

[This message has been edited by Decay (edited 6/27/2013 5:22p).]
Ian Neff
AG
I don't understand this sensitive Chipotle...
stacyreeves
AG
If true, the male co-chair is E2. He really REALLY should know better.
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
Oh this isn't even close to being done. We still need :

tweet from Loftin
tweet from Manziel
solari post
Batt article
Daily Texan article
Shag gybevo thread outrage
bikini pics of at least two girls in the photos
SEC perspective
recruiting impact

I have a bingo card if anyone wants one.

I'll rule that the second girl in that pic was also in this camp.

Game is on, folks!
CTAnon
can confirm on the identity
BCO07
AG
quote:
If true, the male co-chair is E2. He really REALLY should know better.

so he's in a frat
Sandman98
AG
In situations like these, generally, its the families of the victims that take the pitchforks out of the hands of the mob.

chipotle
quote:

I don't understand this sensitive Chipotle...

I dislike fishcamp as much as the next guy but these are real folks.
mustang6tee8
AG
Delete UIN, ban meal plan.
SBISA Victim
AG
Another successful TexAgs witch hunt! Are we going to tar, feather, and run them out of town on a rail next?
Fitch
AG
Anyone trying to defend what was a complete lack of respect and good judgment needs to take a good long serious look at their time at A&M and ask if they really understand why it is that old Ags are proud to be known as Texas Aggies.

I have watched people lay flowers, stand in solemn reverence, and breakdown in tears at the exact portals that are pictured. I have seen thousands of Aggies hold flickering candles on the mound where that group shot was taken while bagpipes played Amazing Grace.

I deeply question whether any one of those adults has spent a single minute at a Bonfire Memorial service.

Literally defacing a grave site.

Shame on everyone involved.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
if you know anything about fish camp, you know that the actions of a few do not represent the intentions of the 1,000+ students involved in the organization.

Yeah these guys ****ed up, but they are your fellow aggies and had no intention of dishonoring the bonfire memorial.

Respect is one of the core values of A&M,

and while these students were not thinking,

the complete lack of respect for the exact organization that helps keep our sacred traditions alive is absurd.

There are a lot of people involved in fish camp that are bettering this university,

to those of you that sit on TexAgs and insult them, what have you done for Texas A&M? Thrown your opinion around online?

BostonAg74
quote:
are just using this as an excuse to **** on fish camp: would you even be concerned with this if it had been students that weren't affiliated with any organization?

I have no axe to grind here and I know nothing about the organization. I agree with everything most people are saying about the photos being disrespectful, a demonstration of extremely poor judgement , etc.

The only proper response from those who were part of this would be to admit that it was disrespectful and stupid, apologize as a group to the school, apologize to the families of the twelve who died, have individual offenders (students who posed, the photographer, and whoever approved this) meet with the family members of the students whose memorial they disrespected, and accept whatever sanctions or embarrassment might come their way as a result of this. In other words, you effed up. Take your medicine and shut up.

However, this "circle the wagons" response coming from the offenders is just as disappointing as the photos themselves, and a pretty good indicator as to how such a disastrous choice was made in the first place. It's become cliche to say 'they just don't get it", but in this case, it way be the best way to describe the disconnect between their actions and their ideals. They just don't get it.
Original Toad Boy
quote:
looks like she just deleted her FB account

will be back up soon..millennials cannot live without fb
MW03
AG
The one of the saddest parts of all of this is that 30 some-odd people with ties to Texas A&M couldn't deduce that this was a bad idea. Are we that far removed from 1999 after all the lawsuits and the gag orders and that this many students can simply not know that this is a terrible idea for a bit?

Ian Neff
AG
I'm just saying that this is a new you.

They are real. And they messed up. I don't think their lives are in danger.

Just their Facebook status.
CanadAg14
As a former FC counselor, it really disgusts me to see current counselors disgrace Bonfire Memorial. Not all counselors in camp are like this...but it's idiots like these guys that make the organization as a whole look bad. C'mon, how STUPID could you be to take pictures on the grounds where lives were lost?! They're not children...they're adults that need to accept the consequences of their stupidity.

[This message has been edited by CanadAg14 (edited 6/27/2013 5:28p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.