Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

284,060 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
Aftermath
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
..Top 10% ...completely ignore legacy...we have become a default school for tu...only way to truly honor them is to bring bonfire back....Old army would never have done this
ABATTBQ11
AG
http://fishcamp.tamu.edu/node/6

Link to their contact page. They will all be getting a nastygram later.

Can OP provide link/proof it is fish camp? Even a description of where he found these?
p-wonk01
chipotle
quote:
Can OP provide link/proof it is fish camp? Even a description of where he found these?

How this has caught fire without any proof is excellent.
spaceman
AG
Not acceptable! So, how do we get a hold of the fish camp folks?
PrincessButtercup
AG
The photographer has taken the pics down from all websites. I doubt you'd be able to find evidence of anything.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I know this was a bad decision and done in poor taste, but the photographer loves A&M. I'm sure they regret this. Just young and probably didn't realize how it came across.
Fish-N-Chips
AG
quote:
I am 99% I know the person who took these photos. They are a photographer, and I saw these pics on their Facebook photography page this morning. But now they have been taken down.

Sadly this has happened. The photographer took the photos down off of Facebook. One of the young men in the photos is member of the Corps and has done fish camp every year.

I have no real proof now, but this is what happened, as confirmed by others.
FTA011
AG
quote:
The photographer has taken the pics down from all websites. I doubt you'd be able to find evidence of anything.

OP said he/she found it on facebook... Im sure they are still out there
AggieEE
AG
Wow...do they do this at cemeteries too?
jamar
AG
What are "fish camp pictures?" I know I had to attend that crap and it was 2 of the worst days of my life, but I didn't know there were pictures involved...
PrincessButtercup
AG
They aren't still available for viewing. I checked the personal page, photography fb page, and the website. Not one any of them. I did have it on my newsfeed, but safari crashed, so I have no screenshot opportunity now.
Cole97
AG
As someone who lost one of my best friend's when Bonfire fell, and visits his portal every time I'm in CS, this freaking pisses me off.

I do not care who took the pictures, or what organization they belong to, but the students that were involved (picture taken or took pictures or were there encouraging it) need to be reprimanded.

There are some things you just don't do, and sexually suggestive pictures at ANY memorial is one of those.
FightingAggie
AG
quote:

OP said he/she found it on facebook... Im sure they are still out there

I think the "website" was the photographer's FB page where they just post pictures of different photo sessions. This particular album, if I'm guessing the photog's identity correctly, has been taken down.
The Collective
AG
quote:
http://imgur.com/Z34QL3b.jpg

Feet on the memorial.....

Is this a Corps guy by chance?
pmoney10
AG
http://archive.org/web/web.php

Put their website in this search. It will pick up the pictures.
GARBQ84
AG
he's a dead zip
howitzercannon
AG
The only thing that I know linking this to Fish Camp solely based on the pictures are their outfits. There is an event held for picture taking and we were required to wear Blue Jeans/boots White button down.

This looked very similar.
FundAg10
AG
Wow. Bad bull
KLSanchez
quote:
There are many memorials to many fallen Ags on our whole campus. Bonfire memorial is only one, and it's not any more special than the others. Just my opinion.

You know how I know you're clueless?

In case anyone here doesn't get it, these folks are posing for sexually suggestive pictures at a memorial to fellow Ags who died in a tragic construction accident senselessly. Imagine folks taking pictures of themselves spanking their SO's butt at the WTC Memorial in New York. More personal than that, imagine these pics happening at your grandparents'/parents'/great-grandparents' graves.

If you still don't get it, there's a line of folks waiting to punch you in the face.
MW03
AG
quote:
Just because 26 members of a 1000 member organization did something stupid shouldn't indict the organization as a whole.

2%ers!

Fish-N-Chips
AG

This is the last photo I saved so ill just put it out there. These kids don't need to be kicked out of fish camp or A&M. They just need to learn to think next time. The memorial isn't a play place. It is a sacred memorial for 12 Ags who lost their lives. Take pictures like this at Kyle or the Chicken or with Sully. Not at Bonfire Memorial.
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:

If not Fish Camp, then who do you suggest this is?

Might also be the photographer prodding them on.

Guitarsoup was this you?

**** no. One of those doorways is for a friend of mine. The rest are for my brothers and sisters.

I'm honestly offended that you would even bring me up and suggest that I would do something like that.
Space91
AG
Lord forgive these misguided Ags.
txf15crewchief
AG
This is disgusting and disgraceful. If you want to take stupid pictures, go to Northgate; don't do it at a place that is dedicated to the memory of fallen Aggies.
dimeboxaggie
AG
This angers me as well.

MW03
AG
quote:
I clicked on this thread fully expecting to mock OP for being over sensitive about something silly that fish camp counselor a had done, but as an Aggie who was on campus in 1999, I find what those people in these photos are doing to be totally unacceptable and disgusting.

I may be the one that is overreacting now, but in my opinion all those that participated should be removed as counselor ASAP. Their job is to teach a new generation of Aggies what being an Aggie is all about, but it is obvious from these actions that these folks have no idea what that is, and they were obviously not taught or didn't learn.

co-sign
Frosty46
AG
Still no Link for the pictures?
northsidegreek06
AG
quote:
quote:

If not Fish Camp, then who do you suggest this is?

Might also be the photographer prodding them on.

Guitarsoup was this you?

**** no. One of those doorways is for a friend of mine. The rest are for my brothers and sisters.

I'm honestly offended that you would even bring me up and suggest that I would do something like that.

Didn't originally see that... What an insult. Guitarsoup would never defile Bonfire or those fallen. He's a stand-up Ag and 100% redass.
Houstonag
AG
Very bad. These people are so selfish and they do not think about the implications of their actions. To use a memorial of any kind for this type of personal photography is childish.
redd38
AG
quote:
in my opinion all those that participated should be removed as counselor ASAP

this
murphyag
AG
This is horrible and needs to be sent to the faculty members in charge of these idiots. It bothers me that these people will be the ones to introduce traditions, everything Aggie to incoming freshmen. What a bunch of tools. And I for one think they should be kicked out of their fish camp positions. I am so bothered by their lack of judgement that I think it should be sent all the way up to someone much higher than just the fish camp people. Maybe student affairs office? Loftin? Someone needs to set them down and give them an ass chewing. I seriously question their upbringing. Who takes pictures like that by a memorial to the dead?
CLB2008
AG
this saddens me and pisses me off all at the same time. how can you be so heartless, clueless, and disrespectful? All while claiming to promote A&M and all it stands for.

InspectionAg
AG
quote:
This is why T-Camp is better.

It's the same thing, it just hasn't been corrupted as much yet.

One of my counselors thought that the bonfire accident happened while it was burning and burned people alive. Thankfully, I pretty much knew everything about A&M's traditions and history before T-camp, so I corrected him.
Rhaggie16
Some of these opinions concerning the organization's motives are shallow at best. While some of that behavior may go on in such a large group of young people, this is easily one of the best programs that a&m offers its freshmen. I know it got me plugged in and opened my eyes to a world of service and leadership opportunities at the school last year and it does the same for many others.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.