Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

283,217 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
diehard14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So far I know two people in the first two pictures
Mr. Lahey
AG
quote:
quote:

Are those two CT's on the right sword fighting?

/hagaaay
chipotle
quote:
Lauren in the jorts probably isn't too happy right now.

Tell her to relax. It's not that bad.

[This message has been edited by chipotle (edited 6/27/2013 4:59p).]
ag3478
If you know anything about fish camp, you know that the actions of a few do not represent the intentions of the 1,000+ students involved in the organization. Yeah these guys ****ed up, but they are your fellow aggies and had no intention of dishonoring the bonfire memorial. Respect is one of the core values of A&M, and while these students were not thinking, the complete lack of respect for the exact organization that helps keep our sacred traditions alive is absurd. There are a lot of people involved in fish camp that are bettering this university, to those of you that sit on TexAgs and insult them, what have you done for Texas A&M? Thrown your opinion around online?

PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. I understand those of you who are just upset about dishonoring those who have fallen, but to the rest of you that are just using this as an excuse to **** on fish camp: would you even be concerned with this if it had been students that weren't affiliated with any organization?
ShankedPunt
Is the guy on the front row smelling his fingers?
chipotle
quote:
If you know anything about fish camp, you know that the actions of a few do not represent the intentions of the 1,000+ students involved in the organization

Yeah, we've been told that already about a dozen times.
deceptivespeed14
AG
let me get my popcorn
wee_ag
AG
quote:
would you even be concerned with this if it had been students that weren't affiliated with any organization?
You serious?
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
There are a lot of people involved in fish camp that are bettering this university, to those of you that sit on TexAgs and insult them, what have you done for Texas A&M?

A lot more than you did.
jh0400
Guitarsoup
AG
quote:
There are a lot of people involved in fish camp that are bettering this university, to those of you that sit on TexAgs and insult them, what have you done for Texas A&M?

A lot more than those idiots.
Personal Best
chipotle
quote:
if you know anything about fish camp, you know that the actions of a few do not represent the intentions of the 1,000+ students involved in the organization. Yeah these guys ****ed up, but they are your fellow aggies and had no intention of dishonoring the bonfire memorial. Respect is one of the core values of A&M, and while these students were not thinking, the complete lack of respect for the exact organization that helps keep our sacred traditions alive is absurd. There are a lot of people involved in fish camp that are bettering this university, to those of you that sit on TexAgs and insult them, what have you done for Texas A&M? Thrown your opinion around online?

PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. I understand those of you who are just upset about dishonoring those who have fallen, but to the rest of you that are just using this as an excuse to **** on fish camp: would you even be concerned with this if it had been students that weren't affiliated with any organization?

also, which one are you in the photo?
Earp16
AG
quote:
I just don't understand the ignorance. It's your duty as fish camp counselors to know, understand, and spread the Aggie traditions. No tradition hits home harder than the Bonfire Memorial. I don't care what year the participants were, even upcoming sophomores. You were on campus for a full year and that's plenty of time to know by now the significance of that structure and what it means to A&M and Aggies everywhere.

I think a permanent removal is unlikely with fish camp coming up soon, but it's an appropriate punishment. What a disgrace. "I didn't know" is not a valid excuse due to what the organization is and what is supposedly stands for.
Pignorant
AG
quote:
you guys need to get a life. geesh i can't wait for the season to start and this stuff to be done with.

You must hang out at Rebels and The Ranch.
jdls13
AG
^quality post
Snookie
Blame is on the co-chairs for this one, as they likely planned this event. If the male chair is in the corps, he should have known WAY better.
reb,
AG
quote:
but they are your fellow aggies and had no intention of dishonoring the bonfire memorial

They didn't intend for these pics to dishonor a memorial built on the site where a bunch of kids their age died violently 15 years ago?

So, then you are just saying they are ****ing stupid beyond words, then. Got it.
petey88
Saw_m_auff

I went there for the first time on a freezing early morning a couple of years ago. No one else was around. It was very humbling to visit each portal, and after the last, I looked out towards the middle.

There was a Pot sitting out there, so I walked out to look. An Ag had left a hand written note.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there to try to save your life"

I should have written down the names, as the author is now a Doctor. But, I didn't,... I just lost I right there, fell down on my knees in tears.

FriscoKid
AG
quote:
There are a lot of people involved in fish camp that are bettering this university

THIS is what I'm talking about. Self-centered kids. You are not that important.
Decay
AG
quote:
I understand those of you who are just upset about dishonoring those who have fallen

"just"? You're joking right?
Jeffersons Ghost
I'd almost prefer they be intentionally dishonoring it as the alternative means that 20 some odd people THIS stupid all managed to get into A&M and find each other.
inebriated_duck
AG
BCO07
AG
quote:
the complete lack of respect for the exact organization that helps keep our sacred traditions alive is absurd.

the complete lack of respect is completely earned by fish camp. you guys do a terrible job. period. when i went through in 03 i knew more about a&m's traditions than the councilors and had to correct them multiple times. you guys where too busy rolling around in various condiments and hitting on the females to actually do your job. i hate that fish camp was my first experience as a student at a&m
Mr. Lahey
AG
quote:
to those of you that sit on TexAgs and insult them, what have you done for Texas A&M? Thrown your opinion around online?

My opinion is considered by some in my field to be an expert one, I also donate a **** ton of money. I'm talkin THREE figures.

Sublette County
AG
quote:
the complete lack of respect for the exact organization that helps keep our sacred traditions alive is absurd.

Traditions would survive just fine without Fish Camp. However, we might not have as many self important ******bags desperate for freshman poon if FC disappeared.
lukin8878
I'm still trying to understand the pictures? Are they are trying to be funny? Is there a theme? WTF is the point of all of this?
Snookie
If Fish Camp were small and highly selective, it would be easy to patrol this kind of behavior. Unfortunately, it has grown to serve such a large number of fish that it can no longer police every counselor or camp as closely. Thus, this type of thing happens. Many counselors (especially guys) get into camps simply because they applied and there wasn't anyone else to select. Thus, dewshy people get in.

[This message has been edited by Snookie (edited 6/27/2013 5:09p).]
Old Buffalo
AG
quote:
Traditions would survive just fine without Fish Camp. However, we might not have as many self important ******bags desperate for freshman poon if FC disappeared.

Blue ****ing parachute, sir!
The Collective
AG
quote:
I also donate a **** ton of money. I'm talkin THREE figures.

BMA!
rjamizon
lukin is a tranny
Pierce County Ag
AG
quote:
Yeah these guys ****ed up, but they are your fellow aggies and had no intention of dishonoring the bonfire memorial.

Again, there's a distinction between Aggies and those who attend Texas A&M and go to football games.

quote:
the exact organization that helps keep our sacred traditions alive

That's debatable...

quote:
to those of you that sit on TexAgs and insult them, what have you done for Texas A&M? Thrown your opinion around online?

What, you mean all of the alums, parents, and donors that are posting on this thread who are absolutely mortified? Get a clue...

quote:
PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES...would you even be concerned with this if it had been students that weren't affiliated with any organization?

You can't be serious. Hell yes, I would. I'm an Aggie.

[This message has been edited by Pierce County Ag (edited 6/27/2013 5:12p).]
Sentinel
AG
Counselors are told from the beginning that they need to watch their behavior because of situations just like this. They are the face of Texas A&M to many and need to act like it!
ag3478
Just because I'm defending fish camp DOES NOT mean I was a part of this. They made a mistake, they're not all sitting around high fiving. Let them come out with their apology and accept it as their fellow aggies.
bonfire booty girl

[This message has been edited by bonfire booty girl (edited 6/27/2013 5:12p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.