Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

284,120 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
Jeffersons Ghost
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
They have apologized,

Have they?
steve84
AG
"I find it sad that some of the remarks on this page devalue the importance of this thread. Bad Bull! And I'm out."

I agree. I understand how you feel about the remarks. I am so disappointed that many of these posters feel the need to turn this post into such sewer. I am out too.
ftaggie09
AG
Haven't read the entire thread.

Yes this was a dumb decision and not very well thoughtout, but don't crucify an entire group of approximately 1000 students for the actions of a small group (20 or so) of them.

I don't agree with everything that fish camp does but as a whole I think they do a good job of introducing new students to Texas A&M and everything that it stands for.

Disclaimer: I am not a current student and was never involved in fish camp other than attending.
FightingAggie
AG
FISH CAMP has apologized. To my knowledge, nobody seen in the pictures has. If they do it will be the first step on the road to redeeming themselves.
stacyreeves
AG
quote:
For those of you calling for them to "not get their rings" or whatev, you are a tard

Classy.
Original Toad Boy
Point is you literally have to be a fing idiot to think these pics were a good idea..
Laviathan777
AG
Absolutely disrespectful and shameful. These kids have no concept of what went on there. This is what happens when you let such a special tradition fall to the way side over time, stupid green fish like these are so disconnected from the original heartbeat of this school that they know no better. Really really sad. And these are the people we are getting to spread the aggie spirit with others who do not know it. They should submitt an apology, and be revoked as councilers for such bad judgment!!!
Sentinel
AG
And you should receive 50 lashings for your horrible spelling.
jeffk
AG
Don't post pics or names of the students here. Allow the university to handle the discipline and the leadership of the organization to do their job.

For all we know, the students have been told not to say anything publically until told to. Plus, we on TexAgs are not who they need to apologize to anyway.

Don't let your reaction to their actions take you to a disrespectful and childish place.

[This message has been edited by jeffk (edited 6/27/2013 6:13p).]
tag8
AG
I'm amazed at how many people cannot spell counselors correctly
Jeffersons Ghost
From the university's perspective I can't see what discipline could take place.

Being an idiot isn't against the rules.
Snookie
Those who can't spell counselors correctly should have their Aggie rings revoked.
Sentinel
AG
Harming the image of your organization could be against their bylaws.
bonfarr
AG
Why not post the names of the leaders? They were given leadership roles in that organization and as such are responsible for its actions.
DaveRockAg
I can't believe the consequences some Ags are calling for ITT.

Oh wait it's the zoo.
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
Harming the image of your organization could be against their bylaws.

Right but that would be against the group's rules, not the school's.
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
quote:
For those of you calling for them to "not get their rings" or whatev, you are a tard

Classy.

Says the one who is posting the names of fellow Ags on the internet...
chosin
AG
quote:

I don't know what, if any punishment should take place - but I think you've bumped your head if you can't see how or why the university would have standing to punish them.
WRTS
AG
they look like a JC Penney's catalog
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

It was my experience that Student Affairs had a great deal of discretion.
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
but I think you've bumped your head if you can't see how or why the university would have standing to punish them.

You've bumped yours if you think the school is going to take action against someone for acting stupid at a memorial.
Pierce County Ag
AG
quote:

Selective enforcement of some sort of trespassing ordinance?
wolf2011
AG
Good way to piss me off right after I get off work, tired of these fish camp idiots ruining our university.
thebubbaisin
AG
Twang

I absolutely DO have a right to b**** and moan and call for punishment. Freedom of speech my friend. Plus my Aggie diploma and Aggie Ring give me that right. At least on Texags they do.

Unfortunately they cannot claim that the actions of a few don't represent the whole and then have the apology only come from the head of the organization. Each of those responsible need to apologize individually.
k20dub
DaveRockAg
Trespassing?

Seriously?
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
Good way to piss me off right after I get off work, tired of these fish camp idiots ruining our university.

Tough day at work honey?

This is more about the families and friends of those lost. Not you.
Mr. Tyler Durden
Is Texags gonna crash?
stacyreeves
AG
quote:
Says the one who is posting the names of fellow Ags on the internet...

I posted a link to a photo of the fish camp that everyone had been accusing, so that they could verify it was the same group before going after them. Turns out it was the same group, so the people who did name them (not me) were right in calling them out. And they deserve to be called out by name, if they were so proud of this behavior that they chose to post the photos on public social media. And so do you, if you think "tard" is an appropriate insult.
fwheightsboy
AG
"Do students/former students have a right to ***** and moan and call for punishment to these Aggies? NO. Only the families and friends of those lost do."

I disagree. I have every right to --tch and moan. And I will.
E K Gill
AG
I haven't read this thread, nor do I intend to.
But these photos are unspeakably disrespectful.
If it has not already been done, whomever is responsible for the Fish Camp organization needs to issue an apology to each of the families.
I'm disgusted.
Bonfire and the loss of the twelve may not mean much--if anything--to the current students; but it means everything to those of us whose lives it touched and shaped.
Gig'em & build the hell.
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:
quote:

That didn't stop Listeater from being ostracized from A&M and forced to transfer. I don't see any reason why this shouldn't happen to every one of these pieces of ****.

[This message has been edited by Philip j fry (edited 6/27/2013 6:28p).]
Jeffersons Ghost
Listeater's actions were intentional. These people are just dumb.
MicheIangeIo
AG
quote:
I posted a link to a photo of the fish camp that everyone had been accusing, so that they could verify it was the same group before going after them. Turns out it was the same group, so the people who did name them (not me) were right in calling them out. And they deserve to be called out by name, if they were so proud of this behavior that they chose to post the photos on public social media. And so do you, if you think "tard" is an appropriate insult.

You are right. What was I thinking? I need to thank you for creeping on his facebook to confirm the validity of this story.

And I didn't call anyone by name. Nor did I repeat anyone's name that was previously posted.
stacyreeves
AG
Aaaaand now it's on the news.

http://www.kbtx.com/news/twitterheadlines/Reported-Fish-Camp-Counselor-Pictures-at-Bonfire-Memorial-Draw-Questions-213406161.html

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.