Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

283,850 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
KSigAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Waaah the zoo is being mean! The people in those pics and those who approved deserve the wrath of 10000 zoos. After 2006 OU wrath of 1000 zoos.
Pierce County Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
What are they saying on twitter??

found this gem. this girl is clueless

Alyssa McCainþ@alyssaaamcc2h
Fish Camp getting all this hate. Talking bad about other aggies is almost as bad if not worse than taking funny pictures at bonfire memorial

What make her think they're Aggies? They're just students at Texas A&M.
Old Moses Hall Guy
Dumb kids do dumb things. This is a dumb thing.

I'm sure these are good kids. I know it. I was a Fish Camp counselor once (maybe twice), we did stupid things. But I don't think we'd ever dream of doing anything this disrespectful in the MSC, which is a similar memorial to Aggies who died a long time before I was born.

Those gates represent a person. A child. Somebody's baby sent off to college who never came back. I do not understand how those synapses didn't fire when acting like the Jolly Green Idiot in these pictures.
dimeboxaggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Fish Camp getting all this hate. Talking bad about other aggies is almost as bad if not worse than taking funny pictures at bonfire memorial

God that makes my blood boil.
chipotle
Man, twitter folks want fish camp people to burn. Talk about getting carried away.
BradC34
AG
quote:
Search "Fish Camp" on Twitter. Got some people talking crap about TexAgs!

Did a search and the tweets I saw were all against the photos.
FightingAggie
AG
quote:
What make her think they're Aggies? They're just students at Texas A&M.

If any action can revoke your being an Aggie, I think we just found it.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Katherine Nydeggerþ@__katherineann24m
This is why TexAgs can't have nice things. It's all been downhill since BCG left #RIP

Sau_m_auff
AG
Jeffersons Ghost
posted 3:57p, 06/27/13

I support calling the office if you want but please note the people answering the phone likely had nothing to do with this and likely disapprove like you do.

Express your sentiment but please do so politely.

Just told my daughter to do the same thing. She will likely be going by in person. Your anger and disproval will have a stronger voice if you stay calm.
Sentinel
AG
quote:
Some people on TexAgs are uninformed and should keep their mouth shut about things they obviously know nothing about.

they're bashing on fish camp. Saying we are all,"neon-wearing butthumpers." And other educated things like that.

I rather enjoyed this one. This tool bag is probably posting in here defending these counselors.
HeadGames
AG
Disgusting, I don't mean to reiterate what other Aggies have already stated, but these kids should at least be removed from Fish Camp, and have to write letter of apology to each and every family who lost a loved in the collapse.

Highly inappropriate, I did dumb things in college, but nothing to this magnitude. Would you pose provocatively at the 9/11 memorial in NYC? of course not. As a college student, most learn that actions have consequences, it is time for them to learn this lesson.

Furthermore their purpose is to develop and enrich the love of the University and it's traditions and history to incoming freshman, obviously they've failed to show the sanctity of the Bonfire Memorial for future freshman with this ridiculous photo.
CLB2008
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God that makes my blood boil.

AGREE 100%.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
@CityofCS
We've sent word to the right folks on campus to ensure they're aware. Thanks for your concern! -jgs

Urban Ag
AG
quote:
The picture with the girl in the red shoes and her bottom part poking out of her jorts is standing in the gate for Bryan McClain, class of 2002. He was a Freshmen in Sq 2 on November 18, 1999.

She should not be there. Neither should that dude. Not like that.

Bryan's roommate at the time was the son of a family friend of ours. I hadn't heard that name in awhile. Brings back some very sad days.

These kids should be punished. They should start out their careers in Aggieland already on some form of probation. They should have to apologize or face expulsion.

However, kids make stupid mistakes, even very bright kids. One might even suggest that the sheer excitement and jubilation of starting their life at A&M clouded their better judgment. If they can see the error of their ways, apologize, keep their noses clean and remain with the good academic graces of the university, then let them be forgiven.

As for whoever was in charge that let this happen, I don't even know where to start.
Sentinel
AG
Brad, check my post above.
Old Moses Hall Guy
Hello again Urban Ag. Been a while.
Jeffersons Ghost
quote:
Twitter update for those of us who dont have twitter?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=twitter.com
andrewch783
AG
quote:
I just don't understand the ignorance. It's your duty as fish camp counselors to know, understand, and spread the Aggie traditions. No tradition hits home harder than the Bonfire Memorial. I don't care what year the participants were, even upcoming sophomores. You were on campus for a full year and that's plenty of time to know by now the significance of that structure and what it means to A&M and Aggies everywhere.

I think a permanent removal is unlikely with fish camp coming up soon, but it's an appropriate punishment. What a disgrace. "I didn't know" is not a valid excuse due to what the organization is and what is supposedly stands for.
FightingAggie
AG
UrbanAg--these are fish camp counselor pictures. All of them have been here at least a year, and others have said the guy in the Corps cut is a senior.
These are not the fish that fish camp is supposed to be centered around, but their so-called teachers and mentors getting together before Fish Camp itself kicks off.
FriscoKid
AG
Behold, the self-centered future of our country.
Old Moses Hall Guy
quote:
However, kids make stupid mistakes, even very bright kids. One might even suggest that the sheer excitement and jubilation of starting their life at A&M clouded their better judgment. If they can see the error of their ways, apologize, keep their noses clean and remain with the good academic graces of the university, then let them be forgiven.

This. These kids don't need to be vilified, they made a terrible mistake. We all made decisions we regretted while at A&M.

Or was that just me?
dimeboxaggie
AG
quote:

CLB2008
AG
quote:
Alyssa McCainþ@alyssaaamcc35m
My mom just got an email from an aggie moms club showing the pictures? #really #dosomethingbetterwithyourlives

WAY TO GO AGGIE MOMS!!
Urban Ag
AG
Are you f'n kidding me?

Well then, I would boot all their asses.

Sorry, I thought these were incoming fish.

Wow.
FriscoKid
AG
quote:
Alyssa McCainþ@alyssaaamcc36m
My mom just got an email from an aggie moms club showing the pictures? #really #dosomethingbetterwithyourlives
yakbak13
AG
I know the girl in the first picture, she's an upcoming senior, this IS from a Fish Camp, if I'm not mistaken Camp Murray, and there are no excuses for this...period
buildingchampions
AG
quote:
@_katherineann
TexAgs response to FC pictures at Bonfire Memorial is worse than FC pictures at Bonfire Memorial

[This message has been edited by buildingchampions (edited 6/27/2013 4:11p).]
dimeboxaggie
AG
THERE WILL BE BLOOD

justeffinwow
someone should ask alyssa mccain how her spring break was

[This message has been edited by justeffinwow (edited 6/27/2013 4:12p).]
Fish-N-Chips
AG
quote:
UrbanAg--these are fish camp counselor pictures. All of them have been here at least a year, and others have said the guy in the Corps cut is a senior.
These are not the fish that fish camp is supposed to be centered around, but their so-called teachers and mentors getting together before Fish Camp itself kicks off.

Yeah I know one person is a senior member of the Corps of Cadets. Another is a member of one of the top sororities at Texas A&M if no one had noticed that yet.

I would like to see each member of the camp issue a written apology to the families of those who lost their lives and are remembered by the Bonfire Memorial.
KSigAg12
AG
Ok. The twitter responses are not helping the whole "this isn't all of fish camp" thing. At all.

Their individual organizations (corps and whatever sorority) should and probably will take action as well.

[This message has been edited by KSigAg12 (edited 6/27/2013 4:13p).]
Snookie
quote:

Overreact much?
B-B-Beaver
[False story deleted. User banned--Staff]

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 6/27/2013 9:15p).]
JBMurrah
My favorite has since been deleted like a Manziel tweet however it was an exchange with a new army kiddo talking about all the "educated opinions" on Tex Ags and him being offended at being called out for a neon sporting, croc wearing, croakie buying FLO-tard.

Alright, I may have embellished that a "little".
Mr. Lahey
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.