Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fish Camp Disgraces Bonfire Memorial!!!

283,832 Views | 1007 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
FTA011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am calling for heads. This is damn ridiculous
Mr. Lahey
AG
wood on that chick with the red shoes.

having said that, the majority of people I ever met that were associated with fish camp were self centered ass holes and this is disgraceful.

[This message has been edited by Oeagg11 (edited 6/27/2013 7:40p).]
Jock 07
AG
Unfortunately anything dealing with fish camp doesn't really surprise me at all

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 6/27/2013 12:35p).]
Captain Coors
AG
Worst judgement ever.... If they can't understand the gravity if what they're doing I'm not sure their worthy of the honor of being a aggie.
SBISA Victim
AG
Prepare the Torches and Pitchforks

Sandman98
AG
Striking how little thought was put in to this pre-meditated photo shoot. Those of us not prone to knee jerk reactions think this reached a galactic level of stupid.
chipotle
Geez people, it's not like they were humping or licking the walls. They didn't vandalize or damage the memorial. Smack them on the hand or the face a few times but kick them out of fish camp? Really?
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Urge to kill, rising.

and bad bull indeed
Waltonloads08
AG
If this is truely a Fish Camp thing, they really need to apologize. 12 students died on the site they are taking sexually suggestive joke pictures. Whoever's idea this was should resign their position. Very poor leadership that lacks common sense.
fwheightsboy
AG
I do not have the right words to express how wrong that is. Heads need to roll.
kmac30
AG
Can't believe this
unmade bed
I will be sending an email to every single one of these people this afternoon:

http://fishcamp.tamu.edu/node/6
VanZandt92
Damn. Just damn.
Rhaggie16
I am a fish camp counselor this year, and I would just like to say that this shocks me. It's really unfortunate that none of them had the sense of judgement to see that this is so inappropriate. Don't let this reflect too poorly on the organization as a whole though, because the vast majority of us respect the integrity of each and every one of our traditions.
Waltonloads08
AG
Going to put a call in to their office and ask for a formal explanation. Remember, they are kids, and clearly lack common sense. No need to go overboard.
FTA011
AG
quote:
Geez people, it's not like they were humping or licking the walls. They didn't vandalize or damage the memorial. Smack them on the hand or the face a few times but kick them out of fish camp? Really?

so... sexually suggestive and "goofy" pictures while standing in the portals of a memorial built for young Aggies that died not 10 FEET AWAY doesn't meet your standards to do something other than a slap on the hands? ok..
VanZandt92
quote:
Going to put a call in to their office and ask for a formal explanation. Remember, they are kids, and clearly lack common sense. No need to go overboard.
StorminAg
AG
There is not a single link in this thread that links those pictures to anything fish camp related.
cuppycup
AG
Ugh, I am not very sensitive to bad taste humor but these photos really bother me.
FTA011
AG
quote:
There is not a single link in this thread that links those pictures to anything fish camp related.

THIS^^^

Can we get more details on this before we point fingers
sawthemoffxx
Dorky poses? Lack of common sense? Disrespecting traditions? Acting like weirdos? Yep, it's fish camp.
Sandman98
AG
I'm sure aggressive and angry efforts to have people reprimanded will help.

Be civil if you'd like to be taken seriously. Thanks and GigEm.
unmade bed
quote:

While I agree and will certainly not make accusations in my email, I will just advise them that this is out there and ask them to immediately look into it to determine if it is fish camp related.
BigAg_12
AG
Very, very bad bull. Tradition needs to go; Fish Camp was the only Texas A&M experience I didn't enjoy

Slyfox07
AG
I'll start this off by saying that I've never liked the design of the bonfire memorial. It looks like some kind of new age, concrete stonehenge.

That being said, it's a memorial for 12 Aggies who died, and taking ridiculous fish camp pictures inside the arches is the worst kind of disrespectful.

What's next? A keg party at arlington national cemetery?

Even as a fish camp counselor I never understood some of their bizarre tendencies, and for years afterward if I saw a herd of them in their neon bandanas taking up all of the tables at free birds, I'd keep on walking.

This ranks up there with the flash mob in the MSC flag room of '09.
toddmandude
The few do not represent the many.

I know another camp that had a very solemn night and sat around bonfire memorial talking about how much this school means to them.

FWIW, one of the twelve was a counselor who told the rescuers to save his fish before him.
fwheightsboy
AG
I just called the Fish Camp office at 979 845-1627. The person who answered had no idea. Light up those phones.
chipotle
quote:
so... sexually suggestive and "goofy" pictures while standing in the portals of a memorial built for young Aggies that died not 10 FEET AWAY doesn't meet your standards to do something other than a slap on the hands? ok..

Nope. Memorial wasn't damaged and I don't think the poses were over the top. Again, I wouldn't do this sort of thing myself but I'm not going to go on an appropriateness witch hunt.
beebeegee
AG
quote:

Yes, someone please provide some evidence because at this point the story's starting to smell FISHY
Malachi Constant
AG
CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THAT THESE PHOTOS ARE OF ANYONE RELATED TO FISH CAMP?

CAN ANYONE PROVIDE A LINK FOR THESE PHOTOS?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Dorky poses? Lack of common sense? Disrespecting traditions? Acting like weirdos? Yep, it's fish camp.
Waltonloads08
AG
979-845-1627

Tried to call, was busy. Everyone needs to give them a call.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
quote:
Nope. Memorial wasn't damaged and I don't think the poses were over the top. Again, I wouldn't do this sort of thing myself but I'm not going to go on an appropriateness witch hunt
VanZandt92
If not Fish Camp, then who do you suggest this is?

Might also be the photographer prodding them on.

Guitarsoup was this you?
ac04
dumbasses

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.