Countdown to Aggie Baseball 2025

78,442 Views | 871 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by aggiewilliford
aggiewilliford
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Days Left: 144
Texas Historical Marker
Rose Hill Manor, Port Arthur

The Woodworth House (also known as Rose Hill Manor) was built in 1906 for R.H. Woodworth. Woodworth moved to Port Arthur soon after Arthur E. Stilwell, President of the Kansas City Southern Railroad organized a town site company to settle the area in 1896. Woodworth became involved in banking business and served as Port Arthur's third mayor, elected in 1902. The home was built to reflect his position as a business and social leader in Port Arthur. In 1947, Woodworth's daughter Phebe, gave the mansion to the city to be maintained by the Department Club of Port Arthur, an organization that her mother was actively involved in.
There are some odd stories about Port Arthur misusing the Trust money left for the cities upkeep of the Manor. The papers say they got into trouble with funding and borrowed against the trust. Now each new political party that comes in seems to not take responsibility for the missing funds or serious upkeep to the historical site. It is really quite sad if all the stories are true.

Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
aggiewilliford
You Had One Job Day 144

ensign_beedrill
AG

Quote:

STATE HIGHWAY NO. 144
Adm. Order, dated 09/06/1949
From Granbury to junction US 67 in Glen Rose, and from another point on US 67 in Glen Rose, via Walnut Springs to Meridian. (Hood, Somervell, and Bosque Counties)
https://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/SH/SH0144.htm
dabo man
AG
Texas County Courthouses:
143 Lavaca County, Hallettsville, Texas
Beautiful!!

ensign_beedrill
AG

SH 143 was transferred to SH 51 in 1934.
Quote:

STATE HIGHWAY LOOP NO. 143
Minute Order 066210, dated 05/01/1972; Adm. Cir. 044-1972, dated 05/15/1972
From US 83 north of Perryton, eastward, southward, westward, and northward to FM 1267. (Ochiltree County)
https://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/SL/SL0143.htm

Sea Pony 07
AG
I take that loop every time I come back home to Texas.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Hey. So. What's with the weird formatting on all the threads? (There's all this blank space on the left side of posts and sometimes on the right side and it is not at all consistent between posts even on the same thread.)
Sea Pony 07
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Hey. So. What's with the weird formatting on all the threads? (There's all this blank space on the left side of posts and sometimes on the right side and it is not at all consistent between posts even on the same thread.)

I don't see it, but I'm on the mobile site.
aggiewilliford
Days Left:143
Texas Historical Marker
Chappell Hill, Texas

Original structure built in 1850.
The Routt House is important, not only as the home of Marcus P. Munyon, one of Chappell Hill's earliest architects and builders, but also for its association with a prominent figure in the cotton industry, Jackson Roffe Routt. After attending school in Austin, Routt engaged in a profitable and widely known cotton warehouse business at Chappell Hill with his partner William D. Crockett. In 1905, he was elected County Commissioner of Precinct No. 2, a position he held for many years. During this term he was instrumental in the promotion of road grading and bridge building. He was also an original stockholder of the bank. His brother, Joseph E., was one of the best-known figures in the ginning business in Washington County, and held a record for continuous service in this industry.

J. R. Routt's eldest daughter, Thelma R. Crockett, acquired the house in 1962 after the death of her parents and currently occupies the home.

aggiewilliford
You Had One Job 143

AgBQ-00
AG
That is hilarious. Wide right!!
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Ags83
AG
dabo man said:

144 Lee County, Giddings, Texas
A little bizarre, but I like it!

My wife's maiden name is Lee. We drove to this court house just to have our marriage license from "Lee " County.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Sea Pony 07 said:

ensign_beedrill said:

I don't see it, but I'm on the mobile site.
I don't see it anymore, either, now that I'm home. It was showing up that way at work. Either they fixed it or it looks different on different browser versions.
dabo man
AG
142 La Salle County, Cotulla, Texas

ensign_beedrill
AG

Quote:

STATE HIGHWAY NO. 142
Minute Order 111829 dated 5/28/2009, DesLtr 02-2009, dated 6/26/2009
From IH 35 in San Marcos, southeastward concurrent with SH 80 approximately 5.7 miles to Martindale, then northeastward to US 183 in Lockhart, a total distance of approximately 11.1 miles. (Hays and Caldwell Counties).
https://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/SH/SH0142.htm
I used to drive a very small portion of this on my route to A&M and back when I was a student.
aggiewilliford
Right before the turn...Just under the wire!
Texas Historical Marker 142
My home town of Midland, Texas
George Bush Family Home

aggiewilliford
You Had One Job 142

aggiewilliford
Days Left: 141
Texas Historical Marker
Capt. Charles Schreiner Mansion
Kerrville, Texas

Charles Schreiner served in the Texas Rangers from 1854 -1857. During this time he also purchased ranch property in Kerr County and married Mary Magdalena Enderle. After serving in the Confederate Army for 3 1/2 years during the Civil War, Captain Schreiner rejoined his family in Texas in 1865. Just a few years later he started the mercantile business that would culminate in one of the largest mercantile-banking empires of its time in the Southwest. Wealth encouraged philanthropy, and in 1917 Schreiner founded the Schreiner Institute, now Schreiner University. The Cailloux Foundation now operates Schreiner's turreted 1878 downtown mansion as a historic event center. Period furnishings and distinctive architectural details recall Kerrville's boom days at the turn of the 20th century.

aggiewilliford
You Had One Job 141

dabo man
AG
141 Lampasas County, Lampasas, Texas

aggiewilliford
dabo man said:

141 Lampasas County, Lampasas, Texas

I like this one. It's odd but beautiful.
ensign_beedrill
AG

Quote:

STATE HIGHWAY NO. 141
Minute Order 051528, dated 06/26/1962; Adm. Cir. 104-1962, dated 08/01/1962
From US 77 by-pass via Kingsville to a point on US 281. (Kleberg and Jim Wells Counties)
https://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/SH/SH0141.htm

Aggie88mft
I'm so ready for this season. I think we win our first Natty this year in baseball with this team we have coming back. We are so talented.
dabo man
AG
140 Lamb County, Littlefield, Texas
Yuck!

Rongagin71
AG
Well, not too many people will trip over the steps.
greg.w.h
AG
greg.w.h
AG
Aggie88mft said:

I'm so ready for this season. I think we win our first Natty this year in baseball with this team we have coming back. We are so talented.
if we do it with new head coach, would be fantastic.
greg.w.h
AG
I think I should add: Schloss created belief in our players about themselves. That few followed him means they believe in themselves not him. That they are excited about Earley means they affiliate some of that belief with Mike's leadership.

That means we as fans should believe in these coaches and this team…a lot!
trouble
AG
Who followed him?
greg.w.h
AG
trouble said:

Who followed him?
Just recruits?
BreNayPop
AG
This season will be fun to follow. I think the fact that everyone stayed speaks volumes about day-to-day leadership experienced from Earley vs schloss. Particularly when the players all wanted Earley to come back.
trouble
AG
I don't count them
ensign_beedrill
AG

Quote:

STATE HIGHWAY NO. 140
Minute Order 112740, 06/30/11; DesLtr 2-2011, dated 1/5/2012
In Midland, from BS 349-C southeastward approximately 2.4 miles to SH 158. (Midland County)
https://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/hwy/SH/SH0140.htm
greg.w.h
AG
trouble said:

I don't count them
Fair.
mwm
For those of you who may be "math challenged" (like me), 140 days is a mere 20 weekends before opening day.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.