***Official Aggies vs. 2024 MLB Draft Thread***

116,010 Views | 716 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Sean98
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was secretly holding out hope, even though I knew it was futile.

Happy for Braden.
trouble
AG
Go be great, kid
tjack16
AG
That'll be a nice direct deposit
Eliminatus
AG
tjack16 said:

I'm assuming state taxes kick in even for signing bonuses, yeah? Something I've always wondered actually. Always assumed.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Eliminatus said:

tjack16 said:

I'm assuming state taxes kick in even for signing bonuses, yeah? Something I've always wondered actually. Always assumed.

It's certainly complicated. My soon to be son in law was drafted a year ago and is in the D-Backs minor league system. His 2023 income tax filing was complicated, as he earned money in Texas, Arizona, and California. I can't imagine what his 2024 return will look like with earnings from Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon, and (fingers crossed) possibly Nevada as well.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
P.U.T.U
AG
Gets a lot more complicated and expensive when you play in Canada, higher rate too
Mr.Ackar07
All told, our Aggies and Aggie commit combined to make just over $10 million in the past week.
CapCityAg89
AG
Luke The Drifter said:

Eliminatus said:

tjack16 said:

It's certainly complicated. My soon to be son in law was drafted a year ago and is in the D-Backs minor league system. His 2023 income tax filing was complicated, as he earned money in Texas, Arizona, and California. I can't imagine what his 2024 return will look like with earnings from Texas, Arizona, California, Oregon, and (fingers crossed) possibly Nevada as well.

When I was consulting with Price Waterhouse, we had this same issue - you pay state taxes where earned. Oft ignored fact on this site when wondering why someone would live in a state tax state. Thing is, live in Texas and your property tax bill is the same PLUS you pay state taxes when you plan in games in those states.

Oh, and PW had an internal support group to help us all file taxes. I have to imagine pro teams do as well. Certainly at the MLB level.
histag10
AG
Isn't PW an accounting firm? An accounting firm had in house support to help accountants file their taxes? Shouldn't you have known how to do that....
aTm 99
AG
histag10 said:

Isn't PW an accounting firm? An accounting firm had in house support to help accountants file their taxes? Shouldn't you have known how to do that....
Corporate and personal taxes are very different specialties, PW isn't doing people's taxes like H&R Block...
powerbelly
AG
histag10 said:

I was in Advisory at pwc and my last year I filed in 10 states I think. You definitely don't want me doing your taxes.
CapCityAg89
AG
powerbelly said:

histag10 said:

I was in Advisory at pwc and my last year I filed in 10 states I think. You definitely don't want me doing your taxes.

Wow. I think the highest I got to was five. That's a busy damn year.
powerbelly
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

powerbelly said:

histag10 said:

Wow. I think the highest I got to was five. That's a busy damn year.
There is a reason it was my last. Forensic Services had me all over the place for 50 weeks that year.
Sean98
AG
Big news for Kentucky

Sea Pony 07
AG
I think the most I've filed in was 4 in one year.
Sean98
AG
Interesting how this has all turned out. NIL plus a lack of due diligence? From The Athletic...

Quote:

Since 2019, only four players selected in the top three rounds of the MLB Draft have failed to sign. After this year, that number has almost doubled.
The Tampa Bay Rays and the Milwaukee Brewers were unable to come to terms with their supplemental second-round picks, infielder Tyler Bell and right-handed pitcher Chris Levonas, respectively. The Los Angeles Angels failed to sign their third-round pick, left-handed pitcher Ryan Prager, while the New York Mets didn't sign their ninth-round pick Jaxon Jelkin, a right-handed pitcher. All other top-10 round picks signed.
Both Bell and Levonas were high school draft picks who will attend college in the fall. Bell, a shortstop from Illinois, will go to Kentucky. He will be eligible again for the draft in 2026 as an age-eligible sophomore. Levonas, one of the top prep arms in this year's class, will join the Wake Forest program.

Sean98
AG
I know we all like to hate Christian Moore, ands he makes it so easy by being an insufferable DBag, but if you haven't seen what he's doing in the minors... woof. Already to AA and raking.

The eighth overall pick in the 2024 MLB Draft by the Angels -- who made a quick ascent to Double-A after two appearances for Single-A Inland Empire -- got even hotter when jumping two levels. Moore recorded a multihomer game Friday, marking his second in the past three days for Rocket City and bringing his total to six long balls in seven games.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.