For those wanting/expecting Childress to leave, who would you hire?

39,316 Views | 361 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dermdoc
HoustonAg2106
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

Quote:

Absolutely nowhere did I make the argument or implied that if baseball is not a passion that you could not have or voice an opinion

He didn't claim YOU made that argument, but it's one that's been made by dermdoc and the rest of the pro-RC camp repeatedly.
Incorrect. I have never said anyone is not entitled to their opinion. But I am entitled to mine also. Of course, I believe if you do not pay taxes you should not be allowed to vote. You can voice your opinion all you want, and say whatever you want to say.

But if you want to actually change things, you invest your time, resources, and money. To my knowledge no griping post on the Internet has ever changed anything.

If someone is unhappy with the direction of the program why would they invest money?

I'm sure a lot of people were way more motivated to donate after we hired Jimbo than they would have been with another year of Summy
IMHO, if you are unhappy with the direction of the program, you should donate even more money and time to change things.

And has anyone ever seen a griping post on the internet change anything?

Nobody here has said or thinks that posting on here is going to change anything, but not spending your money on something is a pretty big statement...that's why donations go up when the team is more successful

People come here to vent frustration, not enact change
Maybe I am strange but it is easy to not spend money. It is a lot harder to try to change things by spending money and time to actually do something,

Guess I am weird.

Seems backwards to me, why would the administration think they need to change anything if everyone is giving them money?

They should be motivated to make the program better so they can make MORE money

No, I am talking about giving and getting involved. That is how you change things. Mindlessly giving money or griping does nothing(check out Education). You invest money and time to change things.

Fans buying tickets and merchandise is absolutely investing money and time in a team, 95% of fans don't have enough money or power to influence meaningful change like replacing a coach. Fans stop going to games and change will assuredly be considered more seriously
dermdoc
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

Quote:

Absolutely nowhere did I make the argument or implied that if baseball is not a passion that you could not have or voice an opinion

He didn't claim YOU made that argument, but it's one that's been made by dermdoc and the rest of the pro-RC camp repeatedly.
Incorrect. I have never said anyone is not entitled to their opinion. But I am entitled to mine also. Of course, I believe if you do not pay taxes you should not be allowed to vote. You can voice your opinion all you want, and say whatever you want to say.

But if you want to actually change things, you invest your time, resources, and money. To my knowledge no griping post on the Internet has ever changed anything.

If someone is unhappy with the direction of the program why would they invest money?

I'm sure a lot of people were way more motivated to donate after we hired Jimbo than they would have been with another year of Summy
IMHO, if you are unhappy with the direction of the program, you should donate even more money and time to change things.

Nobody here has said or thinks that posting on here is going to change anything, but not spending your money on something is a pretty big statement...that's why donations go up when the team is more successful

Maybe I am strange but it is easy to not spend money. It is a lot harder to try to change things by spending money and time to actually do something,

Guess I am weird.

Seems backwards to me, why would the administration think they need to change anything if everyone is giving them money?

No, I am talking about giving and getting involved. That is how you change things. Mindlessly giving money or griping does nothing(check out Education). You invest money and time to change things.

Fans buying tickets and merchandise is absolutely investing money and time in a team, 95% of fans don't have enough money or power to influence meaningful change like replacing a coach. Fans stop going to games and change will assuredly be considered more seriously
Disagree. Individual fans have a lot more power than they realize.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HoustonAg2106
AG
dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

Quote:

Guess I am weird.

Disagree. Individual fans have a lot more power than they realize.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

dermdoc
AG
Fair enough. But there will always be money to be given so not giving money rarely enacts changes. Changes are enacted by getting involved with the 12th Man Foundation and any other means available,
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HoustonAg2106
AG
dermdoc said:

Fair enough. But there will always be money to be given so not giving money rarely enacts changes. Changes are enacted by getting involved with the 12th Man Foundation and any other means available,

I feel like the reason a coach like Jimbo is hired and paid a top salary like that is because it will make the program more money in the long run, otherwise just stay with Sumlin right?

Difference is baseball will never be a big moneymaker even if we hired a new coach and went to Omaha every other year
BoozingAg
If we were going to Omaha regularly and re-did Olsen to make it more non season ticket friendly, then yes baseball would be a moneymaker like it is at LSU and Arkansas. If we were getting weekend crowds of 7-8k again, yeah, I think we'd be in the black
twk
AG
BoozingAg said:

If we were going to Omaha regularly and re-did Olsen to make it more non season ticket friendly, then yes baseball would be a moneymaker like it is at LSU and Arkansas. If we were getting weekend crowds of 7-8k again, yeah, I think we'd be in the black
Making Olsen "more non-season ticket friendly" will make us more money? Your sense of entitlement has driven you completely over the edge.
dermdoc
AG
twk said:

BoozingAg said:

Making Olsen "more non-season ticket friendly" will make us more money? Your sense of entitlement has driven you completely over the edge.
Ya think? Do any of you guys run a business? You will not stay in business very long if you follow economic principles like this. Casual fans, or customers, is not what you base business projections on.
TAL06RES
AG
dermdoc said:

twk said:

BoozingAg said:

Ya think? Do any of you guys run a business? You will not stay in business very long if you follow economic principles like this. Casual fans, or customers, is not what you base business projections on.
That comment was made without thinking about economics, regardless of his statement about making money. It's a selfish wish that we've heard before from the casual baseball fan, the people that want prime tickets without having to pay for them, also the ones that ***** and moan when we host a regional and the only available tickets are GA...
dermdoc
AG
It is truly amazing. They want to fire and payoff coaches with other people's money, hire "great" coaches with other people's money, add seats to the stadium with other people's money, and then just come to games they want to attend and pay face value for the seats other people have paid for.

As a baby boomer I am truly awed by the entitlement mentality by these guys. Puts my generation to shame. Bravo?

And edited to add that they want to force people who have actually contributed to the program to use their tickets "or else" because it does not look good to them on tv or they are entitled to those seats if not in use.
TAL06RES
AG
dermdoc said:

It is truly amazing. They want to fire and payoff coaches with other people's money, hire "great" coaches with other people's money, add seats to the stadium with other people's money, and then just come to games they want to attend and pay face value for the seats other people have paid for.

As a baby boomer I am truly awed by the entitlement mentality by these guys. Puts my generation to shame. Bravo?

And edited to add that they want to force people who have actually contributed to the program to use their tickets "or else" because it does not look good to them on tv or they are entitled to those seats if not in use.

Not all of my generation is spoiled and entitled... but I get the sentiment.

Also, on the last one... most frustrating. I have had season tickets since 2015, I made every game the first 2 years I had them, most of the games in 2017 and then life got in the way in '18 and '19... but I still pay for my tickets every year and go when I can. Somehow that means I should have to give my tickets up?
dermdoc
AG
Hell no it doesn't. But I sure would not give them to anyone on here unless I know them personally.

And edited to add that we give away a lot of tickets. And they are great seats.

BTHO entitlement mentality!
twk
AG
Since we're talking about spending, I thought I might drop these links, here:

HOW MUCH DO D1 COLLEGES SPEND ON BASEBALL PROGRAMS?

Most Cost-Effective College Baseball Programs

Not sure what conclusions to draw from these, but it is some interesting information.
BoozingAg
twk said:

BoozingAg said:

Yeah, I'm the one with the sense of entitlement here. Certainly not you and the skin doc letting us all know your opinion counts more because you go to every game. Now you've turned this into a generational bashing discussion which is maybe a tick above racism. Gosh, I wish my fellow Gen X'ers could be as entitlement free as you everything I read on the internet is gospel boomers.

I said nothing about making it less season ticket friendly, but of course that's the way you took it. Personally IDGAF what anyone does with their season tickets. They paid for them. All I said was maybe if we had more chair back seating available for single games, instead of some dirt/grass, and we were winning more, maybe we will would draw more people.

Or maybe we wouldn't. I'm sure you'll let us all know.
dermdoc
AG
BoozingAg said:

twk said:

BoozingAg said:

Yeah, I'm the one with the sense of entitlement here. Certainly not you and the skin doc letting us all know your opinion counts more because you go to every game. Now you've turned this into a generational bashing discussion which is maybe a tick above racism. Gosh, I wish my fellow Gen X'ers could be as entitlement free as you everything I read on the internet is gospel boomers.

I said nothing about making it less season ticket friendly, but of course that's the way you took it. Personally IDGAF what anyone does with their season tickets. They paid for them. All I said was maybe if we had more chair back seating available for single games, instead of some dirt/grass, and we were winning more, maybe we will would draw more people.

So how much can we count on you to give for the new stuff? And firing Childress? And hiring a new coach? We know we can count on you to gripe which of course costs you nothing.
BoozingAg
twk said:

Not sure what conclusions to draw from these, but it is some interesting information.

So the top spenders on college baseball are:

Quote:

LSU-$5,796,848
Vanderbilt University-$5,360,448
Texas Christian University-$5,107,221
University of Mississippi-$5,022,676
The University of Texas at Austin -$4,673,763
Florida State University-$4,648,873
University of South Carolina-$4,513,115
Texas A & M University-$4,100,980
University of Arkansas-$4,036,687
University of Florida-$4,035,535

So basically it's a bunch of Omaha regulars, and us.

And I'm "entitled" for thinking we should be winning more.
Captain Pablo
AG
This bullish/t again

Childress needs to be fired

Here's a nickel
BoozingAg
dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

twk said:

BoozingAg said:

So how much can we count on you to give for the new stuff? And firing Childress? And hiring a new coach? We know we can count on you to gripe which of course costs you nothing.

Once he's gone, I'll renew my 12thMF membership. Once I heard why Kennedy was being kept around, I dropped it. When a few people can hold back an athletic department because a failing coach goes to their coach, I'm not sending them a check and contributing to that crap. When people want money and then write stupid contracts, don't hold anyone accountable, and people are influencing executive level decisions with no personal accountability, I'm out.
dermdoc
AG
And that attitude is exactly why nothing changes. How strange to twist entitlement to label people who actually contribute entitled when you give nothing except your opinion.
dermdoc
AG
BoozingAg said:

dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

twk said:

BoozingAg said:

Once he's gone, I'll renew my 12thMF membership. Once I heard why Kennedy was being kept around, I dropped it. When a few people can hold back an athletic department because a failing coach goes to their coach, I'm not sending them a check and contributing to that crap. When people want money and then write stupid contracts, don't hold anyone accountable, and people are influencing executive level decisions with no personal accountability, I'm out.
That'll show 'em.
BoozingAg
dermdoc said:

And that attitude is exactly why nothing changes. How strange to twist entitlement to label people who actually contribute entitled when you give nothing except your opinion.

You're the one telling people your opinion counts more. You're the one with the entitlement here. This is a discussion board. If I walked into the AD's office and demanded RC is fired, you'd have a point.
tjack16
AG
South Carolina is not a regular this decade. Went 3 times in a row 2010-2012 including 2 titles. But since then they've missed the postseason twice and haven't been back.
Aggies2009
AG
dermdoc said:

But he makes hundreds of message board posts! That's better!
BoozingAg
dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

twk said:

BoozingAg said:

That'll show 'em.

Yeah, just like your yelling at baseball games
dermdoc
AG
BoozingAg said:

dermdoc said:

You're the one telling people your opinion counts more. You're the one with the entitlement here. This is a discussion board. If I walked into the AD's office and demanded RC is fired, you'd have a point.
Please find a post where I said my opinion meant more. Not only are you entitled, you project. All I ever ask is for more people to contribute and that is how change happens. Your opinion counts just as much as anybody, but opinions are worthless without action. It is called personal responsibility. You and others have said they want to change the coach, hire a new coach, and spend money on Blue Bell. That is your opinion, you are entitled to it, and it is worth just as much as mine. The problem is how do you accomplish what you want? Pout on the internet or get involved?
Wicked Good Ag
BoozingAg said:

twk said:

Quote:

LSU-$5,796,848

Omaha regulars?? Are you talking recently or over the long term

Ole miss and Texas are not regulars in the past decade at all
South Carolina in the last few years hasn't done much for the amount spent
BoozingAg
dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

dermdoc said:

Please find a post where I said my opinion meant more. Not only are you entitled, you project. All I ever ask is for more people to contribute and that is how change happens. Your opinion counts just as much as anybody, but opinions are worthless without action. It is called personal responsibility. You and others have said they want to change the coach, hire a new coach, and spend money on Blue Bell. That is your opinion, you are entitled to it, and it is worth just as much as mine. The problem is how do you accomplish what you want? Pout on the internet or get involved?

So the guy bashing entire generations as being entitled is now saying I project.

Awesome.
twk
AG
Quote:

You said we'd make more money. Don't try to move the goal posts.

I get that you want to see us win more--everyone does. But you should find a more constructive way to channel your frustration than wasting your time making illogical arguments about how we're going to make more money by restricting season ticket sale and the like.
dermdoc
AG
BoozingAg said:

dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

twk said:

BoozingAg said:

That'll show 'em.

Yeah, just like your yelling at baseball games

Not exactly the same as unfortunately I can not pay umps to cause a difference. You can make a difference in the other situation you just choose not to.
BoozingAg
Wicked Good Ag said:

BoozingAg said:

twk said:

Quote:

LSU-$5,796,848

Let's look at it over the span of RC's 14 seasons. I think that's fair. So that would mean basically everyone on that list except Ole Miss has more CWS trips than us, and all have wins there, which we don't.
BoozingAg
twk said:

Quote:

You said we'd make more money. Don't try to move the goal posts.

I get that you want to see us win more--everyone does. But you should find a more constructive way to channel your frustration than wasting your time making illogical arguments about how we're going to make more money by restricting season ticket sale and the like.

Where did I say a damn thing about restricting season ticket sales? Give season ticket holders the best seats, perks, whatever. They earned it. All I'm saying is just don't relegate everyone else to sitting on dirt.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

BoozingAg said:

twk said:

Quote:

LSU-$5,796,848

The horns have been to Omaha 4 times over the last 11 years and 36 times overall...sounds like a regular to me
Wicked Good Ag
BoozingAg said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

BoozingAg said:

twk said:

Quote:

LSU-$5,796,848

Let's look at it over the span of RC's 14 seasons. I think that's fair. So that would mean basically everyone on that list except Ole Miss has more CWS trips than us, and all have wins there, which we don't.

You are using a chart of spending of college baseball programs recently and then equating it to the full term of RC
BoozingAg
Wicked Good Ag said:

BoozingAg said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

BoozingAg said:

twk said:

Quote:

LSU-$5,796,848

You are using a chart of spending of college baseball programs recently and then equating it to the full term of RC

And? I've read plenty about some conjured up disadvantages RC has to coach under. That list kind of blows that theory out of the water
dermdoc
AG
BoozingAg said:

dermdoc said:

BoozingAg said:

dermdoc said:

So the guy bashing entire generations as being entitled is now saying I project.

Awesome.
Actually if you read my post I talked about my generation and posters with attitudes like yours on here. The only generation I mentioned was mine if you actually read my post. So you are projecting yet again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.