For those wanting/expecting Childress to leave, who would you hire?

39,098 Views | 361 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dermdoc
Mark Fairchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The saddest thing about all of this, is the AG against AG. We can surely have a difference of opinion, and that is normal and expected. There is not one AG out there, which ever side you fall on, that doesn't want the very best for AGGIE sports and the AGGIE athlete. It truly saddens me to see AGS go after each other. At the end of the day, we are the AGS, the AGS are we.
I just read and posted about Toombs' son, Cory and his fight with stage 4 cancer. So much in that post. So much more than any sport. Whatever the outcome of this particular event, we are AGGIES and that should be what truly matters. Just my 2 cents worth.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
greg.w.h
AG
Mark Fairchild said:

The saddest thing about all of this, is the AG against AG. We can surely have a difference of opinion, and that is normal and expected. There is not one AG out there, which ever side you fall on, that doesn't want the very best for AGGIE sports and the AGGIE athlete. It truly saddens me to see AGS go after each other. At the end of the day, we are the AGS, the AGS are we.
I just read and posted about Toombs' son, Cory and his fight with stage 4 cancer. So much in that post. So much more than any sport. Whatever the outcome of this particular event, we are AGGIES and that should be what truly matters. Just my 2 cents worth.

I agree, but when we promote coaches into the position of fellow Aggies we often promote and protect mediocrity.

That isn't to say our team isn't better than MOST teams in D1. They are and the pitching especially this year was very close to breaking out as a lockdown staff. But the standard must go up as success is realized. In athletics expectations ratchet up. And too often we excuse underperformance.

Something has to give in that dynamic. If you want us all to be unified, then coaches can't be Aggies, they must be employees. Or if they're working for us they must be replaceable without the fan base protecting them from consequences for mediocrity.

There's has to be some means to untie the otherwise unresolvable knot. And I'll add our tendency to fall back together hierarchical authority in a military style thought process makes it worse and our keepers of the spirit are trained to protect the reputation of the school first and foremost.

That's not a good situation because it is inherently fragile. A no-holds barred public knockdown argument is healthier because it makes disagreement visible and allows positions to be recognizable and for the political leadership to be responsive to more than the faction immediately surrounding them.
Mark Fairchild
AG
Hey,, I totally understand. This site fulfills a needed discussion about the different and opposing view points. My only hesitation is for AGS to go at AGS when the situation apparently has come to a resolution. Understand, that I am not in favor of RC being our coach next year; however, I see that that is indeed how all of this is to come down. Having realized that as the outcome, it does indeed sadden me to see AGS go after AGS. That is all.
We are unique and I believe extraordinary and therefore, hate to see us go after each other. There are many on the outside that will do that. That pretty much sums up my post.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
ColoradoMooseHerd
EOT
Alpha Texan
AG
People mad about people on TexAgs fighting lol
dermdoc
AG
Agree. And that is why this crybaby decided that being an Ag was more important than differences of opinions and thus bowed out.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
91AggieLawyer
AG
BoozingAg said:

This has been A&M's problem forever. Over extending itself on Sumlin, Kennedy, and Childress and making them unfireable.

Which is exactly why we need to stop worrying about supposed and/or theoretical but truthfully unknown effects on recruiting by NOT giving out extensions toward the end of contracts. In my view, extending a coach who isn't producing desired results i sending the WRONG message to recruits who, once they arrive on campus, are themselves told to produce or their playing time and potentially their scholarship (at least part) will be in jeopardy.
Goro Majima
AG
Aggies2009 said:

jkag89 said:

Quote:

90% of the teams in college baseball would love to have RC.
Your own words
Must be one of them there RC supporters.
Based on what I've seen on Twitter, your typical Nebraska fan would literally give their left nut for them to hire Childress.
TXAggie2011
AG
dermdoc said:

Agree. And that is why this crybaby decided that being an Ag was more important than differences of opinions and thus bowed out.

I've told ya before I like ya, Derm, but this is a bit odd given you spend considerable effort on this board telling Aggies they essentially don't have the right to voice opinions.
dermdoc
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

dermdoc said:

I've told ya before I like ya, Derm, but this is a bit odd given you spend considerable effort on this board telling Aggies they essentially don't have the right to voice opinions.
Never meant that sentiment but obviously it was taken that way. As I said, will bow out.

Edited to add that it is very difficult to communicate on the internet what you are trying to say. At least for me.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Alpha Texan
AG
Well, I would certainly say I am more educated than I was before this thread about coaching options out there, should A&M and Childress part ways. A lot of good options I didn't include in my OP that y'all brought into the light for me. I don't expect RC to go anywhere soon (nor do I think that firing him is necessary), Bjork never fired Bianco for the same results, but it's a fun discussion for the offseason.
TXAggie2011
AG
dermdoc said:

Edited to add that it is very difficult to communicate on the internet what you are trying to say. At least for me.

I will say that there's also been some folks who have taken what you say, but have sharpened the sentiment, but because they're building on what you said, it comes back to you.

That's one of the big challenges of a message board.

At any rate, I just hope Nebraska fills out a full staff soon so we can put that the bed one way or abother.
dermdoc
AG
Agree. And I am guilty of doing the same with their posts.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.