It is time to part ways with Childress

39,680 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TexasRebel
Rocco S
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are 1-6 against TX teams in the post season. I made simply a guess at why we struggle in the post season against TX teams. You can say it's wrong all you want since you just like to argue with me. It's just a guess. I'd love to hear why you think we can't beat TX teams in the post season.
jkag89
As I stated before on this thread -
quote:
I'm not trying to justify keeping RC, I'm not certain whether he is a good fit for A&M or not. I do think he is more than just a good coach who's "success" here is due more to all the advantages A&M gives him rather than any ability. I respect you and the many others here that do not believe that RC has not gotten the program to the level it should be, what I find amusing is all the numerous, shifting and even contradictory reasons why you and others believe he has not.
Rocco S
And I find your use of red herrings to attempt to discredit points others make amusing.

Like claiming Rice isn't an Omaha regular in attempt to discredit teams around us aren't Omaha regulars, failing to address/ignoring the other teams mentioned
TXAggie2011
AG
You know, Rocco, your argument to get Childress fired would be even stronger if you listened to what I was trying to tell you---that RC has been very capable of losing to out-of-state teams, too.

jkag89
quote:
And I find your use of red herrings to attempt to discredit points others make amusing.

Like claiming Rice isn't an Omaha regular in attempt to discredit teams around us aren't Omaha regulars, failing to address/ignoring the other teams mentioned
Sigh, do you even read my posts before you start your knee-jerk responses? I ask because I recall fully acknowledging there are regional/local teams that are regulars or even emerging regulars in Omaha. I asked several times for you flesh out your hypothesis, you ignored my questions.
sharpdressedman
This thread creates an image of two groups of people screaming at each other, with neither hearing a word spoken.
ColoradoMooseHerd
quote:
We are 1-6 against TX teams in the post season. I made simply a guess at why we struggle in the post season against TX teams. You can say it's wrong all you want since you just like to argue with me. It's just a guess. I'd love to hear why you think we can't beat TX teams in the post season.

I have not read much of this thread but what is time period of record versus Texas teams in postseason? Because I recall a win vs Texas, Rice and two wins versus TCU in the last three seasons if I am not wrong.
Rocco S
It's not s game record. It's a who have we eliminated vs who has eliminated us record vs TX D1 teams.

2007 we eliminated UH in our regional. Our lone elimination of a TX D1 team.

We were eliminated by Rice twice, tu once, and TCU 3 times.
jkag89
Did we not eliminate Rice from their own regional in 2013 or doesn't that count since in the long run it was the sips that advanced?
Rocco S
I forgot about that, but that only makes our record 2-6
W
AG
speaking of the importance of getting to Omaha...and delving into alternate realities...

does MJ get fired after the 2005 season, if either his 2003 or 2004 team makes it to Omaha?
farmer1
AG
The problem with Childtrss is his teams fall apart at the end of every year. His overall record is good but is teams fade at the end of the year do we really want that?
ScoutBanderaAg956
AG
quote:
Did we not eliminate Rice from their own regional in 2013 or doesn't that count since in the long run it was the sips that advanced?

How does it count if we don't advance? Is that just the Koolaid talking?
jkag89
quote:
quote:

How does it count if we don't advance? Is that just the Koolaid talking?
I was just trying to figure out how Rocco got his 1-6 record against Texas teams. His own words:
quote:
It's not s game record. It's a who have we eliminated vs who has eliminated us record vs TX D1 teams.
The Ags did eliminate Rice from his own regional in 2013. Please tell me how pointing out that fact is the Koolaid talking especially when I acknowledge that the sips eventually eliminate the Age?
Rob Chokedress
Rocco S
The Rice win counts.

It really has absolutely no bearing on the point I made. Also, that was a one game elimination game. Not a series. If you're only counting when we've had to win twice, our record is 1-6 in those series, including 0-4 in Super Regionals.
TexasRebel
AG
He's only counting games which are elimination games, but I'm not sure if it's games we have the opportunity to do the eliminating or be eliminated. Either way it is a skewed data set, but I think it's the former so he doesn't have to count any wins we had in the Supers.
Rocco S
What difference does it make? How is it a skewed data set? If I count losing a post season series as 0-1 for the series or 1-2 as we went against TCU, how is that skewed data? Since it's about evaluating our post season, does it really make any difference if we went 0-2 or 1-2? We still lost the series and didn't get to Omaha.
jkag89
quote:
The Rice win counts.

It really has absolutely no bearing on the point I made. Also, that was a one game elimination game. Not a series. If you're only counting when we've had to win twice, our record is 1-6 in those series, including 0-4 in Super Regionals.
Nor does it in any way prove your theory. Also it would be 1-5. We only faced TCU once in '12 and that was an elimination game for both teams just like the game against Rice in '14.
Rocco S
What theory? It's a fact, not a theory, that we can't get past TX teams in the post season.
Goat Man
AG
Lies, damned lies and statistics
jkag89
Your pet theory why RC coached teams fair so poorly against in state schools. You know the whole RC just doesn't understand how the rest of the state feels about A&M.
Rocco S
Several other people agreed with that theory. You're not going agree with any theory I have so whether or not it holds any water in your mind is irrelevant.
jkag89
I've asked this several times now, if you can give a plausible explanation to this question I might buy your theory -
quote:
Can you explain how RC who is a native Texan and married to an Aggie is unaware of this particular dynamic?

Beechcraft AG 91
AG
Listen it is pretty clear RC has a problem with his teams playing at their best come tournament time. Can we agree on that?

RC does have a problem getting past tu historically in any situation. Also he does have a problem getting past Texas teams during the tourney when the chips are down and the stakes are the highest. Once again I believe this point is fairly clear. Another point I want to make is the ncaa loves to pair us up against these type of foes so we better get past this issue.

Whether the sport is football, baseball or hoops etc... I think the jealousy factor of our great institution and the fact we joined the greatest conference in the land while leaving behind our Texas brethren does play a part in teams having absolutute focus on beating our ass. This is something we need to realize and use as a rallying cry to match their intensity with our own driving desire to be on our game.

It has really created a rivalry type situation every time we face and old foe from one of our old conference alliances.

That being said RC needs to coach up next years team and make a super. If not with his history of the past two years having Omaha type talent yet missing Omaha, combined with the fact he is 0-2 in his only trip in 11 years to Omaha, I believea change wouldn't be a crazy option.

We definelty need more and should expect more out of our baseball team with all the $$ and attention we give to the program.
Lance Uppercut
AG
That idea is absurd...you really think TCU beat us in 2015 because of jealousy, or that they were more focused on the "revenge" type scenario in 2016? We had Moss and Melton on the radio admitting that they got too infatuated with the "revenge tour" and didn't play their best baseball because they were too focused on the name of the opponent. Or that Rice had anything to be jealous of in 2007 and 2008? Their program was on top of the sport and we were in a total rebuild. Texas was a higher seed than us in 2014.

We eliminated Houston in 2008. Lafayette in 2007 (which seems local since LSU and Arkansas were included as local in this thread). We eliminated UTSA in 2013, Rice from their own regional in 2014.

These games are tough because this is geographically the area that has the toughest baseball teams, and you're usually playing them in a scenario that means you're playing another Top15 plus team. TCU was a top 10 team both seasons, neither was a scenario where a series win was some kind of given or you need to really think hard on it beyond knowing they were a good baseball team capable of beating other good baseball teams.

In tournaments, we beat Texas and Baylor in 2007, Oklahoma and Tech in 2009, Tech/Texas/Baylor in 2011 and didn't play a "local" team in 2012. In scenarios where seedings, only shots at making the NCAA tournament, or titles were on the line....why didn't the local teams' 'jealousy' kick in there?

The last post I'll make on here is what I think is actually obvious to everyone on here....2015 and 2016 were too good to make the premise of this thread realistic at this time even if they didn't make it to Omaha. 2013 and 2014 didn't stop 2015 from happening, just like 2009 will have nothing to do with what the 2017 team is capable of. The team that was assembled, the tournament win, and the amount of wins during the season won't even get the athletic director's attention in terms of searching for a new coach. If 2015-16 were a repeat of 2012 or 2013, probably. But we've seen large improvements on offense, defense, and players taken in the draft. If the way the team played the last 2 seasons left you truly believing that the current coaches and can't win 1 more game in a season to go to Omaha, I have to assume you're just set on being pessimistic.

2015-2016 Aggie baseball wasn't like 2009 or 2012-2014 Aggie baseball in terms of the gap between us and our goals as a program. I'll be the first to admit that I'll worry when Coach Bolt takes another job, but his addition to the team makes me confident that we have a staff that will produce quality baseball teams as long as it's together.
Rocco S
quote:
I've asked this several times now, if you can give a plausible explanation to this question I might buy your theory -
quote:
Can you explain how RC who is a native Texan and married to an Aggie is unaware of this particular dynamic?

I've already explained it. You'll disagree with it again if I post it again, along with anything else I post, so what's the point.
jkag89
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've already explained it. You'll disagree with it again if I post it again, along with anything else I post, so what's the point.
I'm sorry but I must have missed it, could you please repost what you said or direct me to the exact post.
jja79
AG
People have been beating our ass in sports forever it seems. No one is jealous. They're better than us.
TXAGBQ76
AG
so I take it you will not be renewing your season tickets- correct?
Beechcraft AG 91
AG
Hey guys I made every game but 3 in 89. Huge baseball fan and played till my fresh year in college before heading to ATM when I realized I wasn't good enough to play D1. Live and breathe it. Make every game home and away I can. Omaha every damn year.

But some of you jack**** know it all. Good luck. There have been lots of good points on this board but we have underachieved in baseball at ATM for a while. A long while. Some of us have never pot banged for RC to be let go. If you read my post you will get that. Do I want better. You bet I do.

If some of you all do not see the envy others can have at times of what we have as Aggies- that's fine. No problem.

All I know is yes people have wanted to beat our ass forever. Is making greater strides In all things we do and Us making the 100 year decision stirring the pot even more....

Yep I think it has. I love moving forward at ATM. But in life and all things - the better and more successful you get the more most people want to take you down. No big deal - just human nature for a lot of people and fan bases.
jja79
AG
Since this thread is about baseball do you think TCU or Tech are jealous of us?
Rocco S
Jealous isn't the word I'd use. I think other teams in TX want to beat us worse than anyone else. We hit a nerve with non Aggies that other teams don't.
agforlife97
AG
The cupboard appears pretty bare for 2017, so all this debate may be academic this time next year. We'll be in a dogfight to even make regionals next year, IMO.
jkag89
Unfair to the players to say the cupboard is bare. Certainlly untested and from the fan's perspective unknown this, however does not mean untalented.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.