It is time to part ways with Childress

40,924 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TexasRebel
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So yeah. About that "regular" part.
jja79
AG
I get that you either don't watch college baseball (how else could you not know we're surrounded by teams making Omaha), are named Childress or you just want to argue.

You don't support your position.
txag72
AG
quote:
quote:
Again, who gets credit for the 49 wins? 2 frigging hits in the elimination game ok? About the same as last year when one D misplay kept us out of Omaha. That is pretty damn close to Omaha 2 years in a row and the coach can't bat or pitch or play D. WHY is the coach only responsible for the last game of the year?????

Because that's the game that matters most
It could have been "the last game" at several points in the season, but we kept moving forward and winning. Only one team doesn't lose it's last game. You guys are really strange.
Rocco S
We are strange for thinking we should've got to Omaha with our best team we've had?

You're happy as long as we gave it the fightin Texas Aggie best and our coach is supposedly a good role model?
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Again, who gets credit for the 49 wins? 2 frigging hits in the elimination game ok? About the same as last year when one D misplay kept us out of Omaha. That is pretty damn close to Omaha 2 years in a row and the coach can't bat or pitch or play D. WHY is the coach only responsible for the last game of the year?????

Because that's the game that matters most
It could have been "the last game" at several points in the season, but we kept moving forward and winning. Only one team doesn't lose it's last game. You guys are really strange.

Not every team's last game is before Omaha 91% of the time.

Why is this so hard to understand?
TexasRebel
AG
I supported my position. If you don't make Omaha 1/3 of the time you aren't a regular.

TCU and LSU are the only "regulars" nearby since Childress came around. All four of TCUs appearances have happened in that time. They will disappear again shortly.
jja79
AG
Ok Mr. or Mrs. Childress.
Aggies2009
AG
quote:

Your admission of defeat is accepted.
TXAggie2011
AG
TexasRebel, exactly what is the fixation on "nearby" teams anyways? Are you suggesting we are not in a good baseball playing part of the nation?

If we were in Ohio, then sure. I get it. But come on...
TXAggie2011
AG
quote:
quote:

Your admission of defeat is accepted.
You have to admit 3.63 CWS appearances is a handy cut-off point to get rid of Arkansas, Rice, and Texas who all have 3 in the 11 years.
TexasRebel
AG
Not a clue. Somebody said we are surrounded by them.
TXAggie2011
AG
Alrighty...you just seem quite fiesty about it
Yell Practice
NO
jkag89
quote:
You have to admit 3.63 CWS appearances is a handy cut-off point to get rid of Arkansas, Rice, and Texas who all have 3 in the 11 years.
How about the fact that Rice hasn't been to Omaha since '08?
Tex100
AG
quote:
I supported my position. If you don't make Omaha 1/3 of the time you aren't a regular.

TCU and LSU are the only "regulars" nearby since Childress came around. All four of TCUs appearances have happened in that time. They will disappear again shortly.
Why do you assume that about TCU?
Tex100
AG
Childress is reaching the point where he has to get back to Omaha quickly, no doubt.

He has still accomplished quite a bit and he also has a lot to work with in terms of nearby talent, facilities and fan support.

No matter your feelings, he is not going to get fired after 99 wins in two years and being in game 3 of a Super. The Aggies lost two series this year in the toughest conference in the country. Even if you think it was a down year for the SEC, it is still the toughest conference with no off weeks and we had the toughest draw within it, given out east opponents.

One thing that will make it harder for us to get to Omaha is that we are surrounded by other teams that at least one of them is guaranteed to be very good. As a result, our Super matchup will always be tough under this system, with two teams that should be in Omaha. The TCU coach has been complaining about the geographical system for that very reason.

TexasRebel
AG
Because that's how baseball works.
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

Like I said:

quote:
pass off one time examples to attempt make your points.

Rice not going since 08 doesn't devalue the overall point being made
Yell Practice
We have to make Omaha next year.
jja79
AG
Or what?
Yell Practice
No what. just think the Aggies will go to Omaha next year.
jkag89
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like I said:

quote:
pass off one time examples to attempt make your points.

Rice not going since 08 doesn't devalue the overall point being made
Was not the point being made is that schools around A&M are regulars in Omaha? An eight year absence IMO should remove Rice as a current regular., Heck, they don't even make regular trips to the Supers anymore.. Rice became a regular visitors to Omaha when MJ was coach. RC was in his first through third year at the helm of the program (only one other year as a head coach) when Rice was making its last trips, Graham was 15th - 17th at Rice (plus another 11 at the helm of San Jack). It is not as if RC inherited a program running on all cylinders when he took over the program, He gets no credit for getting the team to a SR in back to back years against Rice with Graham still at the top of his game, only silly theories from you that he doesn't understand how everyone else in the state hates us Aggies so we always get their A game.
Rocco S
Rice being or not being an Omaha regular doesn't change the fact several schools around us are Omaha regulars.

We are 1-6 vs TX teams in the post season.

You're arguing Rice isn't an Omaha regular in an attempt to discredit the point several teams around us are.

I think everyone else but you and the other RC goal tenders can see who is being silly
TexasRebel
AG
You mean like t.u. going all of the time...
Tex100
AG
quote:
Because that's how baseball works.
They don't have to disappear. As long as they keep this coach, I don't think they will.
TexasRebel
AG
Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending RC, but Texas A&M and my Texas Aggies.
Rocco S
quote:
You mean like t.u. going all of the time...

And here's mr baseball should be played without fences to give us his worthless point
Rocco S
quote:
Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending RC, but Texas A&M and my Texas Aggies.

You're incapable of separating the 2
jkag89
quote:
Rice being or not being an Omaha regular doesn't change the fact several schools around us are Omaha regulars
Did I say otherwise?
quote:
We are 1-6 vs TX teams in the post season.
Does not make your point that the Ags failed to advance is due RC not understanding how much others want to defeat the Ags.
quote:

You're arguing Rice isn't an Omaha regular in an attempt to discredit the point several teams around us are.
No, I'm simply pointing that including Rice over extends the argument. I more than acknowledge that there are schools in the region that make regular trips to Omaha. Some like t.u., Arkansas and LSU were doing so before RC 's arrival and continue to do so. Others like TCU and now possibly tech.have risen since his arrival.
Rocco S
quote:
Does not make your point that the Ags failed to advance is due RC not understanding how much others want to defeat the Ags.

I suggested that may be a reason and gave supporting evidence.

If you have another theory why we can't get by TX teams in the post season, let us know.
jkag89
First, can you explain how RC who is a native Texan and married to an Aggie is unaware of this dynamic? Second, how come this only really an issue in the postseason? In general RC have done quite well against in state teams.
ironmanag
AG
quote:
First, can you explain how RC who is a native Texan and married to an Aggie is unaware of this dynamic? Second, how come this only really an issue in the postseason? In general RC have done quite well against in state teams.
Not when it has mattered.
jkag89
quote:
quote:
Not when it has mattered.
Even if I concede that RC coached teams never won a game when it really mattered, that does not validate Rocco's argument.
Rocco S
quote:

What's his record vs Graham, Garrido, and Schlossnagle? Our record vs PV A&M and such doesn't matter
jkag89
quote:
quote:

What's his record vs Graham, Garrido, and Schlossnagle? Our record vs PV A&M and such doesn't matter
This hardly addresses my questions.

RC's overall record against Schloss really is not that bad (6-8)* but even if it was 0-fer in every meeting against him, as well as Augie and Uncle Wayne, it still does not validate your argument.

*Yes I know he didn't win the three that really mattered. Still does not validate your assertion about why RC coached teams can't win against Texas teams.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.