Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

High End Rums

66,785 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by HTownAg98
dr_boogs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a big rum guy and didn't read all 10 pages but Bumbu is pretty good, neat or on the rocks. Not too sweet, a little banana flavor, not too sweet, good finish.
MediAg13
AG
Anyone tried Foursquare Touchstone yet?
digging tunnels
AG
Anybody know anything about this rum? I reluctantly had to buy it as a bundle to get a Stagg Jr bourbon. Cost me about $140 + $65 for the Stagg. Overall cheaper than secondary for the Stagg

It's a Facundo Exquisito x23
Streetfighter 02
AG
No but the DFW rum group gives it good reviews.
MediAg13
AG
Streetfighter 02 said:

No but the DFW rum group gives it good reviews.

Good to hear. Ended up snagging a bottle at TW. Was hesitant because it was pretty pricey but each Foursquare offering I've had never disappoints.
suburban cowboy
AG
is Foursquare 2007 a good first rum to buy?

I'm a high-proof bourbon lover if that helps
MediAg13
AG
suburban cowboy said:

is Foursquare 2007 a good first rum to buy?

I'm a high-proof bourbon lover if that helps

I haven't had that one but I'm a high proof bourbon guy and have enjoyed pretty much every Foursquare offering I've had.
CactusThomas
AG
2007 is excellent
AlaskanAg99
AG
Where on earth did you find an '07?
NorthTXAg08
AG
Anyone tried the Foursquare 2010? Just picked one up after reading this thread. They had a Sovereignty and Isonomy too.
suburban cowboy
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

local spot. there's two left. should I buy them? Also, 2008 & 2009s.
randy828
AG
Great thread, love rum. I have been drinking FDC rums lately, love'em!

Curious to know if anyone, especially those of you in California, have given 9north Spiced Rum a try? Some friends of mine that graduated from Cypress Creek High School in Houston started this company.

I ordered and had a bottle shipped to me. Wasn't bad. I don't usually like spiced rums.

9north Spiced Rum (9northrum.com)
CactusThomas
AG
suburban cowboy said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

local spot. there's two left. should I buy them? Also, 2008 & 2009s.

Yes
CactusThomas
AG
NorthTXAg08 said:

Anyone tried the Foursquare 2010? Just picked one up after reading this thread. They had a Sovereignty and Isonomy too.

I think I have a 2010 on my shelf but I haven't tried it yet. The others have all been good, I'm sure it is too.
MediAg13
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

I randomly lucked into a 2005 at a SPECS in DFW last year. Didn't realize what I had until me and a couple buddies killed it after a wedding that night.
AlaskanAg99
AG
MediAg13 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

I randomly lucked into a 2005 at a SPECS in DFW last year. Didn't realize what I had until me and a couple buddies killed it after a wedding that night.

Jesus...nice...ai t gonna see that again on the shelf.
I have '04-'10 and '06 wasn't a States release.
aTm '99
MediAg13
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

MediAg13 said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

Jesus...nice...ai t gonna see that again on the shelf.
I have '04-'10 and '06 wasn't a States release.

Yeah, I'm sad about that because it was really good. Foursquare knows what they're doing though so I'll keep buying the next thing from them. Although this Touchstone was a bit on the pricey side. I haven't cracked that one yet!
Streetfighter 02
AG
I picked up the Touchstone more out of nostalgia. It's my mother's maiden name. If you're in Fort Worth Tricks of the Trade has a barrel pick 2012 Plantation bottle that isn't outrageous. I haven't cracked it yet. I also saw that Liquor King has posted a barrel pick 2001 Plantation. I'll probably pick that up this weekend if I can.
HTownAg98
Got a bottle of Grander Trophy Series tonight. At 52.6% abv, a scant spoon of water helps knock down the alcohol a little bit. This is really tasty stuff, and will be a good replacement until I can get some new releases of Foursquare. No sugar or additives. No age statement, but it's three 8-year old barrels, and two 13-year old barrels.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.