Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

High End Rums

66,790 Views | 368 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by HTownAg98
CharlieBrown17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Look forward to the review. Have heard good things but not on the west coast yet.
HTownAg98
I picked up a bottle today, and this is my first venture into Foursquare. I poured it into the decanter, and there happened to be a little left in the bottle. Holy smokes that's some good stuff. I'm going to pour some more later tonight.

ETA: Poured some more. The amount of complexity present in a 10 year old rum is like nothing I've ever had at that age. At 102 proof, a splash of water helps round it out. I'll try to get another bottle of this.
jh0400
AG
I opened my Detente earlier, and I really like it. I'll be getting another as a backup. It's traditional Foursquare with a touch of sweetness from the port. I also like the higher proof. It's a nice middle ground between the 200x releases and Premise / Sagacity.
Superdave1993
AG
So, I am still a bourbon guy most of the time, but just finished my El Dorado 12 bottle. I usually keep one rum opened at a time and currently have a Zapaca 23 ( which I have had before), El Dorado 15 and just picked up an Appleton Estate 12 year rare cask. Which one would be the best to open up next?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Appleton 12 year
CharlieBrown17
AG
Review coming sometime in the next few days. Just picked up two bottles of Detente
CactusThomas
AG
Oh, its good. Damn good
Hudson2508
AG
Just found a bottle in Austin. Pretty excited to open it but need to finish a couple other open rums first.
CharlieBrown17
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Review coming sometime in the next few days. Just picked up two bottles of Detente

Wow that is really good.

Great nose, a little funky for foursquare. None of that funk really carries through to the palate. Very oily, sweet as expected but not at all cloying. Lots of dark fruit and some vanilla.

I'll have to side by side this and the Port Cask at some point soon
ORAggieFan
CharlieBrown17 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

Wow that is really good.

Great nose, a little funky for foursquare. None of that funk really carries through to the palate. Very oily, sweet as expected but not at all cloying. Lots of dark fruit and some vanilla.

I'll have to side by side this and the Port Cask at some point soon

Did a rum tasting Saturday. Never been a big rum guy. Was blown away. Have two bottles of this being delivered tomorrow.
CharlieBrown17
AG
What all did you try?

Assuming you're in Oregon, OLCC has 2007,2008, nobiliary, sagacity and detente all listed as in stock somewhere. Really good variety if you decide to pick up anything foursquare.
AgBQ-00
AG
Anyone tried Seven Fathoms? Got a bottle from them over a decade ago on Grand Cayman and finished it in less than a month. Have a bottle from a followup trip still unopened. I really enjoy it but don't want to open the new bottle yet
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
ORAggieFan
CharlieBrown17 said:

What all did you try?

Assuming you're in Oregon, OLCC has 2007,2008, nobiliary, sagacity and detente all listed as in stock somewhere. Really good variety if you decide to pick up anything foursquare.

I'm in CA now. I'll get the list. If anyone wants an amazing virtual experience for any spirit LMK. I was super impressed and I tend to think I know a good amount of liquor (mostly whiskey).
Terk
AG
*interested!

The Detente did not disappoint. The next day I picked up two more for reserves. Grabbed some Gosling's Old Rum for a song at a local store that was clearing out a few shelves. Still on the lookout for Mount Gay Port Cask Expression.
CharlieBrown17
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Total Wine Concierge private bottling of foursquare just listed for sale today. 99.99 right now, order and pay and it'll eventually be delivered to the location of your choice. It's a mix 12 yr all bourbon and 2 12 yr partial bourbon, partial sherry agings.

https://concierge.totalwine.com/concierge-offers/foursquare-rum-distillery-master-series-edition-no-1-12-year-private-cask-selection-barbados

Rumor has it this is on the shelf at total wines in Austin.

Supposedly 2400 bottles total, 1900 pre-sold
wessimo
AG

Rum rookie here. Doing a Foursquare tasting tonight with their master distiller and blender Richard Seale.

Probitas - most flavorful white rum I've had. Good on it's own and would make a nice cocktail.

Detente - yum. Didn't know rum could be this complex.

Sagacity - tasty. Continuing to turn up the dial.

2008 - crazy smooth and flavorful for 60% abv.

Nobiliary - lots of heat (almost too much for drinking straight) and flavor that develops once the burn is gone.

CactusThomas
AG
Tell Dicky I said "hi"
wessimo
AG
He didn't know anyone by the name of Cactus.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Whats the story on the rum tasting? Like a Total Wine class or something?
wessimo
AG
Backstreet Cafe hosts a tasting (over Zoom) most Wednesdays. It is usually Bourbon or Scotch.
CactusThomas
AG
Yeah but now he's heard of me
GarlandAg2012
AG
Picked up another Foursquare 2007 at the Specs in plano, they had one or two more, a few 2008s and some Sagacity.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Grabbed two bottles of the 2008 masters series at total wine lake line, it was the only store that had any, waited for 30 mins while they tried to find it. Four of them out on the shelf now and a bottle of regular 2008
CharlieBrown17
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Grabbed two bottles of the 2008 masters series at total wine lake line, it was the only store that had any, waited for 30 mins while they tried to find it. Four of them out on the shelf now and a bottle of regular 2008

Still waiting on mine to be delivered in WA. Angry face out of jealousy.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Polished this bad boy off cause I found another bottle of it. So tasty.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
CactusThomas
AG
I love the total wine Foursquare pick.
CactusThomas
AG

SpiderDude
AG

RebelE Infantry
AG
Just picked up a bottle of this today. What are your impressions?
The flames of the Imperium burn brightly in the hearts of men repulsed by degenerate modernity. Souls aflame with love of goodness, truth, beauty, justice, and order.
Terk
AG
CactusThomas said:

Need to replace my 2008, looking to grab one of these as well. How did you like it?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The masters series was great very spicey
CactusThomas
AG
I love it. Lots of flavors, very complex. Its rich and creamy with good balance of sweet and spice.

Can't decide for sure that I like it better than 2008. Both great, just different.
HTownAg98
SpiderDude said:

I love that place. Smaller liquor store that not many people know about, but always has some of the harder to find products.
CharlieBrown17
AG

It's almost 5 weeks late but finally picked mine up. My total got in it the day after I went overseas for work about a month ago.

Damn this is good and drinks well under the proof. Very similar to herditas but a fuller flavor.
jh0400
AG
I bought a Redoutable today. Excited to crack it soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.