Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,815 Views | 62612 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by dave99ag
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I completely whiffed on Dissident in Houston. I can't believe it's still sitting in B/CS.
I don't think I ever saw the 2015 in Fort Worth. I was in Arlington last week when I saw it.
Hudson2508
AG
Struck out on 2 spots in Austin looking for CBBH so far. Checking one more spot after work but after that it will probably be all gone. If anyone sees any excess at their spots in town let me know.
Post removed:
by user
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Not everywhere in Houston has received their order of it yet. Wouldn't be surprised if stores in Austin were still receiving it into the end of the week.
Yeah, I called Total Wine at Lakeline and they haven't received any yet, while other parts of Austin are already out.
AggieStout
AG
was just at total wine in Austin and asked the same question. they said maybe friday
AggieStout
AG
did sunrise minimart have it yet? or were they one of the locations that was out.
AggieOO
sunrise had theirs yesterday.

WF domain had it on draft yesterday.
corndog04
AG
quote:
quote:
This is one I will try to grab several more to age. Really just a fantastic beer.
i have a 2012 sitting in my "cellar."

I'd drink it soon if you have a good occasion. Had a comparison of 2010/2012/2014 last year. 2010 felt a little past its prime. Could just be batch to batch variation, but we all felt a noticeable drop off.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Have the BBH variants hit DFW yet?
dixie whiskey
AG
houston isnt completely out of dissident. if you're anywhere near the nw side of houston or even feel like it's worth the drive, the chevron where the goforth shooting took place still has some, at least as of a couple days ago. they'd been sitting for a week or two at least so I doubt they're gone unless one person came in and bought them out. beer tends to be available there longer because of a combination of their pricing and people unaware they stock quality beer. they had barrel aged bomb as well.
NoneGiven
AG
Any of you clowns try the Pineapple Sculpin yet?
corndog04
AG
quote:
Any of you clowns try the Pineapple Sculpin yet?

Yes, but I was drunk.
Hudson2508
AG
Found CBBH at Whole Foods downtown Austin. Didn't have a limit but only looked like they had half a case left. They tend to be my best bet for special releases since they don't tweet beer releases and therefore beer lasts longer on the shelves.
jah003
S
Just recently taught my Wisconsin friend how to trade...

maca1028
Pseudo Sue in a can....Waaaat!
Jock 07
AG
Anyone hitting up falling rock for younger on Sunday? When I went a couple years ago I figured I probably wouldn't go again but I changed my mind.
AggieOO
Couldn't wait until the weekend.

Chocolate BBH IS amazing.
AggieOO
We are driving to Wisconsin twice this year. Last time we went I brought back over 200 beers.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Epitome of the Beer Thread
AgEng06
AG
If anyone in North Austin is still looking, the Total Wine at Lakeline still has Tweak, BA Legion, Legion, BA Bomb, and Coffee Okie. Tweak is at customer service, but the others are on the shelves.
Post removed:
by user
Hub05
AG
Jock 07
AG
quote:

The one RRBC 'ation I haven't seen in the wild.
jah003
S
quote:
If anyone in North Austin is still looking, the Total Wine at Lakeline still has Tweak, BA Legion, Legion, BA Bomb, and Coffee Okie. Tweak is at customer service, but the others are on the shelves.

Since I'm lolpoor... I'm gonna choose to ignore this.
AgEng06
AG
I feel ya. It hurt buying a $45 six-pack the other day.
AggieOO
Unless they got more, they have had the tweak a while, at least a couple weeks. Probably not going g that fast.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

The one RRBC 'ation I haven't seen in the wild.

Beat is brewery only
Chipotlemonger
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BB7nw3usL99

Jester King release. For some reason, not seeing the text show.

"This Friday at 4pm, we're releasing Colour Five blend 2. Colour Five is our barrel-aged farmhouse ale refermented with Texas blueberries. Approximately, 3,000 bottles (500ml) are available. Limit 2 per customer per day."
Hudson2508
AG
Excited about this release, one of the few sours I haven't tried yet. If anyone is headed out there this weekend let me know, thinking about heading out there on Friday evening.
jah003
S
quote:
Excited about this release, one of the few sours I haven't tried yet. If anyone is headed out there this weekend let me know, thinking about heading out there on Friday evening.

Thinking about going by Friday after work... 5-5:30 ish. Gotta clear it with the wife first.
DallasAggie2012
AG
If anyone can snag an extra, I would love to trade something for one as I've never tried the Color 5 before. Got a bunch of the Dallas goodies and a few others. Could do some BBT and a plus or something else from up here. Collective crowlers or whatever else suits your fancy.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Hmmmm, I have to be at Camp Swift this weekend. Maybe when I'm done on Saturday, if it's not too late, I'll have to make a huge detour on my way home.
Jock 07
AG
Well that answers that then.
NColoradoAG
Also ISO Colour 5.

Casey or crooked stave for trade
Represent830
AG
quote:
Also ISO Colour 5.

Casey or crooked stave for trade
I'll see what I can do for you. I'm looking at snagging at least 4.
First Page Last Page
Page 848 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.