Policy Update for the 2017- 2018 Corps Year

58,655 Views | 350 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
JABQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wildman15 said:

Push ups on/off the drill field are still done.
PT gear is used now because we have rehearsal immediately following a work out and it also helps with precision (holes are not as large now when countermarching)
Some intramural games are still played on the drill field

Explain the precision and holes it, please. Not sure I'm tracking.

Also even as BQs we didn't get on the drill field unless for drill or protecting it. It was stressed pretty hard about the memorial aspect of it. No sports, intramural, games etc.

Do Corps members wear civilians to the MSC or is it still Bs or better?
Wildman15
AG
Take a file of 36 people who are each pivoting in the same exact spot. You can either have them pivot in combat boots or tennis shoes, tennis shoes being the less destructive alternative.

B's or better are still required in the MSC.

The drill field is used for rehearsal or training/physical fitness exercises. Push ups on and off the drill field are still done.

Its still a very respected place. But let's also look at what is-a drill field.
Also, once band hall renovations are finished, there will be a brand new turf field for the band to rehearse on
JABQ04
AG
Ok makes sense now.
CharlieBrown17
AG
BQ17 said:

You're already in your place CT. Talk to me whenever your outfit, no, your Major Unit, can march in step. I'll be waiting.

What a ****stick.

This is why people don't like BQs bud.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Starbucks is on the quad now. The Corps is officially weak.

I pissed and moaned about trigon policy when I was a senior also. Get creative and give the fish a great fish year. A nine minute mile is harder with push-ups/squats/pull ups thrown in.

The Corps is bigger than yourself and Ramirez won't be there forever. Keep it alive.
TG15
AG
BQ17 said:

You're already in your place CT. Talk to me whenever your outfit, no, your Major Unit, can march in step. I'll be waiting.
Hahahahahaha
GatorAg03
AG
The problem with this line of thinking is that it has no end. Nothing done is valuable, no traditions is sacred, nothing is worth preserving and no change is worth getting upset about. That is a losers mentality and isn't what the Corps or A&M was built upon and what has made it unique and great.

Yes things change and must remain relevant to thrive in modern times, but there are absolutely standards that must be maintained in order to have a shared experience throughout generations and truly be the keepers of the spirit. More importantly, that experience has proven valuable to our state and nation and helped countless Ags in times of war, myself included. Take all that foundation away and you simply get a title with no substance behind it.

When you start saying things like outfit pride, physical fitness, cadet led Corps and a challenging experience aren't valuable, then what is? You basically are discounting the experience in favor of some feel good philosophy where nothing matters as long as the Corps still exists. I couldn't disagree more and think your philosophy is the most pathetic and damaging that an Ag can have.

Isn't the fact that the last two classes have seen declining numbers despite that Corps funding and undergrad enrollment is at an all time high perhaps an indicator that things are rotting from the inside out and enthusiasm is declining and some of these changes might not have been so wise? So now we are to believe the solution is more sweeping wholesale change, lower standards and not getting back to a tough experience that allowed the Corps to exist for generations? I'm not buying it.
Prince_Ahmed
RossLawrence1876 said:

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Winston Churchill

Churchill never said that. http://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/9-quotes-from-winston-churchill-that-are-totally-fake-1790585636/amp
AggieBaseball06
AG
I just read 6+ pages hoping to find a defense from GRam himself.... I know he lurks on here.
BQ17
So what you're telling me is that people don't like BQs. Lol ok, because 100,000 people stand for corpsturds on the weekends.
Wildman15
AG
Children, please
JR69
AG
BQ17 said:

So what you're telling me is that people don't like BQs. Lol ok, because 100,000 people stand for corpsturds on the weekends.
Faulty logic
CharlieBrown17
AG
BQ17 said:

Yeah everyone in the stands is there for you snowflake
trouble
AG
Oooooh, we like the FTAB as a whole but individual Qs such as yourself are easy to dislike.
93Spur
Clearly our opinions are so well-reasoned, so thoughtful, so insightful that we are in the best position to challenge any clearly articulated course of action, well defined and constructed by a group of individuals whose sole job is the Corps of Cadets. Because we speak with a single voice, not getting lost in the minutia.

Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if the OOC had a plan to deal with the former cadets - wait for them to turn upon themselves. Well done.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Wildman15 said:

Take a file of 36 people who are each pivoting in the same exact spot. You can either have them pivot in combat boots or tennis shoes, tennis shoes being the less destructive alternative.
File length shouldn't be much longer than 25 (IMHO). But, I guess the days of the ideal Aggie Band size being 303 are long gone.

High School Bands march in Tennis Shoes.

Long live pickle suits, Ridgeways and glassed out jump boots.
Wildman15
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Wildman15 said:

File length shouldn't be much longer than 25 (IMHO). But, I guess the days of the ideal Aggie Band size being 303 are long gone.

Wth band membership well over 400 cadets (we're even turning people away now) files of 25 simply can't happen
ABATTBQ87
AG

Quote:

projecting military bearing at drill:

BCOBQ98
AG
Tennis shoes for drill? That is just sad......
JABQ04
AG
How many March during a drill? Is it not 363? 12 ranks by 30 files plus 3 DM.
74OA
AG
WOW. Hijacked by a childish BQ-CT dick measuring contest.

........and people wonder why the commandant won't participate here.
redcrayon
AG
74OA said:

Give me a break. He's participated here many, many times in the past.
74OA
AG
redcrayon said:

74OA said:

Here. As in this thread. Pay attention.
redcrayon
AG
74OA said:

redcrayon said:

74OA said:

Here. As in this thread. Pay attention.
Or you could be more clear when you post.

The reason that he hasn't posted in this thread has nothing to do with the CT/BQ trash talk. Don't be naive.
AGGies0311
Who cares, none of us are in and those that are in need to Shut it.
Comeby!
AG
So what came out of yesterday's cadet staff meetings?
AGGies0311
I was told by an old ag that when Rudder opened Texas A&M for women that cadets marched with torches on his house.Now when they get butt hurt they hide behind the internet. What kind of Limp D**K ****** baggery is this?
Wildman15
AG
2/7Marine0311 said:

I was told by an old ag that when Rudder opened Texas A&M for women that cadets marched with torches on his house.Now when they get butt hurt they hide behind the internet. What kind of Limp D**K ****** baggery is this?
The keyboard is the modern day pitchfork and torch
Prince_Ahmed
Wildman15 said:

2/7Marine0311 said:

The keyboard is the modern day pitchfork and torch

The keyboard is the modern-day women gossiping at the market.

FIFY
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Looks like the same problem that almost destroyed the Corps in 1946 !

New changes that restricted Senior control caused a rebellion of Seniors and the rest of the Corps, March on

Prexy home, handing back Senior commissions etc. ! For other reasons, returned vets joined in the protests.

This bought on State investigation. Result - establishment won - Senior Corpsmen had to go before a Court and acknowledge their part and agree to take back their actions. Those who didn't lost their commissions . Two of my friends were eventually drafted and served as enlisted men. They would have made fine officers !

The vets won some concessions re: student life.

All in all a sad time and all because Commandant didn't consult with Seniors to be about the changes forced on the Corps !
BCOBQ98
AG
2/7Marine0311 said:

This is faulty logic because it isn't like those cadets back then achieved their end result with their violent protest.

Now we have a group of cadets that are trying to protect what they value through a civil discourse. It isn't hiding on the internet as far as I'm concerned. The cadets have NO power and if they were to openly voice their opinion I can absolutely see them being kicked out or removed from whatever position they have. It is silly for armchair quarterbacks to get on here and say they should go in mass to the trigon and demand these changes not take place or else they will all quit. These cadets have worked for years and you want them to give that up in order to voice their opinion to those that likely won't listen anyways?

Why the push for 3,000 by 2020? Quotas like this never make sense. Correctly me if I'm wrong but isn't 2,600 full strength for the 12 quad dorms? Why compromise on quality the sake of growth? I 100% agree that scholastics should be the number one priority. In my day I felt like we had a very pro scholastics intent. Being able to red card 8-4 and 3 hours of CQ every night was very key to my success. I don't ever remember that being infringed upon and took it very seriously when I was the Scholastics Sgt/Officer. It's very likely there were outfits then and today that don't value scholastics and I would agree with removing leadership if their cadets don't perform scholastically. When I was a cadet I did hear from some guys (class of '80's or so) that came back the 2.0 and go slogan but remember thinking that was pretty silly.

There needs to be a balance. A cadet with a 4.0 that is a fatbody, looks bad in uniform, and doesn't participate is just as much as a failure as the cadet with the 2.0 that is the most wired in the entire Corps. The hours from 6-8 and 4-7:30 should still be protected for PT, Corps training, etc. The document talks about white belt apathy. I think the largest cause of apathy among white belts back in the day was that they had no impact upon the outfit. Further removing decisions from the outfit level will only cause further apathy. Give people a sense of purpose and ownership if you want to curb apathy. Putting a bunch of yes people in positions isn't what good leaders do. Fish aren't fish their entire freshman year? HUH?

Oh well I'm 20 years out so what do I know.. One thing I know is that if you water something down so much that it appeals to the lowest common denominator then it causes the adverse effect for those seeking a challenge. I've seen this first hand with my sons in scouts and athletics.

NICU Dad
AG
Preach it 'ol lady!
CT'97
AG
Sounds like a bunch of cry babies to me.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
It's easy to say that when reading a forum and not hearing it from the horse's mouth. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Given the significant amount of changes over the past few years I would take what they have to say seriously.
JABQ04
AG
So any updates? This can't have died off.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.