So the sips want a home and home with Bama?

18,561 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texasteasipper
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

It's funny that anyone, specifically tu folks, thinks any record or outcome beyond 10 or so years ago is even remotely relevant. If it didn't occur in the last 4 or so years, then it doesn't matter one bit to me since none of those players are still on the team. That's how I look at it.

So why go back and claim championships from the 1920s?

https://deadspin.com/5941380/texas-am-picked-up-two-national-championships-two-conference-titles-over-the-summer/amp

Did we award them to ourselves?

You did the 1997 and 2010 conference championships. Nebraska won the 1997 conference championship( and OU won in 2010.

The 1919 and 1927 championships were based off ratings created 60 plus years after the fact.

Embarrassing if you ask me. Apparently deadspin thought so as well.
Hypothetical scenario:
Team A: Goes undefeated and underscored upon en route to a MNC
Team B: Gets embarrassed in their bowl game and still claims a MNC
which would be more embarrassing to claim?
Flexbone
SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

It's funny that anyone, specifically tu folks, thinks any record or outcome beyond 10 or so years ago is even remotely relevant. If it didn't occur in the last 4 or so years, then it doesn't matter one bit to me since none of those players are still on the team. That's how I look at it.

https://deadspin.com/5941380/texas-am-picked-up-two-national-championships-two-conference-titles-over-the-summer/amp

You did the 1997 and 2010 conference championships. Nebraska won the 1997 conference championship( and OU won in 2010.

The 1919 and 1927 championships were based off ratings created 60 plus years after the fact.

Once again, answer the question: did WE create said ratings, thus, awarding them to ourselves? No. Someone else did. Is A&M the only team that claimed them? Absolutely not.

And no, we didn't award ourselves conference titles in 1997 and 2010. We claimed the DIVISION title for the South DIVISION, which we won outright in 1997 and tied for in 2010 (beating the team that went to the Big 12 title game, beating both teams in that game actually). We didn't claim we won those titles outright. Both were VERY CLEARLY designated with an asterisk noting "DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIPS." You're linking a picture that didn't show that project completed, because after it was actually done, it was very clear.

And I can't believe Texas fans of all people would have the nerve to talk smack about that when they claimed the 2008 Big 12 title inside their own athletic department, plastered on the wall for all to see.
MSU/SECALUM
SEsee said:

MSU/SECALUM said:

SEsee said:

88jrt06 said:

During A&M's time in the SECW, one team was in the cellar the most: Arkansas. The mutt.
So, tu...let's start with Arkansas. I'll spot you 4...yards.

Ole Miss, MSU, A&M, Auburn, LSU and Bama vary anywhere from easily better programs than tu to "You've got to be kidding me" in comparison. Year after year...very few exceptions.

tu is the kid looking longingly at the cool carnival ride...and the sign that says: "You must be this tall...to ride...".

Texas has a winning record against every team in the SECW. They lead the series with Arkansas 56-22.

Which teams in the SECW does A&M have a winning record against?
No, Texas does not have a winning record against every SECW team. Texas is .500, 2-2 against Mississippi State if you count the game that was played in the 20's that they won. Modern time record 1990-present, Texas is 1-2, so Texas does not have a winning record against every SEC west member.

If A&M is retroactively claiming an NC from 1919, I think we should count the games played in the 20s.

Mississippi State should claim some championships. Don't think they have ever sniffed one. Might as welll make one up.
We sniffed a couple in sports other than football. We also didn't help ourselves when the state prevented us from attending basketball tournaments because teams were integrated. We haven't won a NC but we sure as hell have been better than Texas for the past decade in everything but Olympic sports.
88jrt06
AG
Texan1976 said:

hogfan14 said:

nwspmp said:

SEsee said:

88jrt06 said:

During A&M's time in the SECW, one team was in the cellar the most: Arkansas. The mutt.

Ole Miss, MSU, A&M, Auburn, LSU and Bama vary anywhere from easily better programs than tu to "You've got to be kidding me" in comparison. Year after year...very few exceptions.

tu is the kid looking longingly at the cool carnival ride...and the sign that says: "You must be this tall...to ride...".

Texas has a winning record against every team in the SECW. They lead the series with Arkansas 56-22.

Texas has a winning record with Alabama predominantly from a time before Texas' football team had desegregated, which says something about how long ago it was. And in the time since scholarship limits prevented them from pretty much locking up anyone with a pulse that could play, they're on even keel with Bama 1-1, the win being in 1982. The loss, well, you know...

Something something about living in the past.

Also, not for nothing, but against MSST, you're tied at 2-2. One win was in 1922. The other in 1999. So, for any semblance of keeping current, you're losing to MSST back in the 90s. When comparing anything newer than the 60s, you're also tied with Ole Miss.

Since scholarship limits, you're also tied at 2-2 with Auburn, however if you even give Texas the 1974 matchup in stats, then you're losing 2-3. The other wins against Auburn were older than the Great Depression.

On the plus side for you, when looking at stats after the 60s, you're 1-0 versus LSU!

Not involved in this discussion but just wanted to point out that Arkansas is 3-2 against Texas since joining the SEC lol
Arkansas hasn't won a conference title since the 1980s and that won't be changing.

....and you're their semi-erotic *****.
Texan1976
Texas owns Arkansas. And owns Texas A&M (outside of a ten year window that almost got you the death penalty). Those are the facts. And they are irrefutable.

Along with your combined 50 years of not adding a mere conference title.
88jrt06
AG
Texan1976 said:

Texas owns Arkansas. And owns Texas A&M (outside of a ten year window that almost got you the death penalty). Those are the facts. And they are irrefutable.

Angry drunk spouts "Owns", falls down, dies.
BVAg85
AG
Texan1976 said:

Why don't you tell us about the time Texas got caught cheating in the late 80's instead of worrying about when a&m "almost getting the death penalty"
Ag83
AG
BVAg85 said:

Texan1976 said:

Why don't you tell us about the time Texas got caught cheating in the late 80's instead of worrying about when a&m "almost getting the death penalty"

Why stop there? Maybe he can tell us about BOTH times tu football got busted for major infractions in the 80s. Talk about deserving a death penalty...but when you have Charles Alan Wright covering your ass...
Jock 07
AG
Yup sips never want to acknowledge the pivotal role wright played in covering up their transgressions and how they have always refused to compete on an even playing field.
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

If that were true, why does A&M lead since DKR retired?
digging tunnels
AG
When your team sucks really bad, let's go to the past and list head to head records. That'll get em!!!
digging tunnels
AG
We already know the sips cheat. Fully confirmed from Colt's wife on national radio

Chris Simms admitted last year to getting $100 handshakes

And ftr, all schools cheat some way somehow
hogfan14
Texan1976 said:

hogfan14 said:

nwspmp said:

SEsee said:

88jrt06 said:

Texas has a winning record with Alabama predominantly from a time before Texas' football team had desegregated, which says something about how long ago it was. And in the time since scholarship limits prevented them from pretty much locking up anyone with a pulse that could play, they're on even keel with Bama 1-1, the win being in 1982. The loss, well, you know...

Something something about living in the past.

Also, not for nothing, but against MSST, you're tied at 2-2. One win was in 1922. The other in 1999. So, for any semblance of keeping current, you're losing to MSST back in the 90s. When comparing anything newer than the 60s, you're also tied with Ole Miss.

Since scholarship limits, you're also tied at 2-2 with Auburn, however if you even give Texas the 1974 matchup in stats, then you're losing 2-3. The other wins against Auburn were older than the Great Depression.

On the plus side for you, when looking at stats after the 60s, you're 1-0 versus LSU!

Not involved in this discussion but just wanted to point out that Arkansas is 3-2 against Texas since joining the SEC lol
Arkansas hasn't won a conference title since the 1980s and that won't be changing.

Because we don't play in the Big 12. Texas wouldn't have near the success either playing Alabama, Auburn and LSU every year. At one point in 2011 we were ranked #3 and 3rd in the SEC West...beat the Big 12 co-champs by double digits that year.

Arkansas State fans usually resort to that too though since they have won their conference too.
ME85
AG
SEsee said:

... had Cart not gotten hurt.

FIFY
TX_Aggie37
AG
Texan1976 said:

Arkansas has a better football team than Texas now.

A&M has a better football team than Texas now.

To me, that is all that matters.
Bonfire1996
AG
Nothing makes me happier than fans who talk about history. Fans who tout history have no present.
88jrt06
AG
SEsee said:

So, you and one reporter at elite Deadspin. Scoop!
Well, you two should have a lot to talk about. (Until the D'spin dude kind of....backs...away....)
Start w/the likelihood that 95% of Aggies never even knew "that which causes your Butthurt" occurred.

What's embarrassing for you is your that style reminds one of dumbass Randy.
88jrt06
AG
breezinby said:

SEsee said:

... had Cart not gotten hurt.
FIFY
Cote....X
SEsee
Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Once again, answer the question: did WE create said ratings, thus, awarding them to ourselves? No. Someone else did. Is A&M the only team that claimed them? Absolutely not.

And no, we didn't award ourselves conference titles in 1997 and 2010. We claimed the DIVISION title for the South DIVISION, which we won outright in 1997 and tied for in 2010 (beating the team that went to the Big 12 title game, beating both teams in that game actually). We didn't claim we won those titles outright. Both were VERY CLEARLY designated with an asterisk noting "DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIPS." You're linking a picture that didn't show that project completed, because after it was actually done, it was very clear.

And I can't believe Texas fans of all people would have the nerve to talk smack about that when they claimed the 2008 Big 12 title inside their own athletic department, plastered on the wall for all to see.

Your claim on the side of your stadium is you were "conference champions" in 1997 and 2010. No asterisks, no mention of division champions, which you weren't even in 2010, just "conference champions". I don't like NU or OU, but being the real "conference champions" those years, I bet they have a problem with that. Especially NU, since they pounded A&M in the championship game.

dermdoc
AG
SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Your claim on the side of your stadium is you were "conference champions" in 1997 and 2010. No asterisks, no mention of division champions, which you weren't even in 2010, just "conference champions". I don't like NU or OU, but being the real "conference champions" those years, I bet they have a problem with that. Especially NU, since they pounded A&M in the championship game.

Cool. You do not have to worry about it because the sips will never play in Kyle again. Enjoy Lubbock, Manhattan, Ames, Waco, and Morgantown.

You were Texas.

And edited to add that if you ask any Nebraska folks the dates on our stadium was not why they left. The sips were. You reap what you sow. Enjoy the Big 12.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgGrad99
AG
SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Ummmm.....

A. Look at the picture
B. This is our old stadium.

Ronnie Mund
SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

You actually know sh*t like this about us. You're not obsessed one f***ing IOTA.
dermdoc
AG
Obviously the SEC, SEC chant ticks off the sips and their apologists in the media. So we need to do it more.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SEsee
AgGrad99 said:

SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Ummmm.....

A. Look at the picture

https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/collegefootball/12:09:26-Kyle_Field_Facade.jpg

"Texas A&M clarifies its cheap 'championship' claims, in fine print"

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-am-clarifies-its-cheap-championship-claims-in-fine-print/

Where are you going to put that NC trophy Sharp had made up? Might as well put it in the trophy room and act like it's real.

technoviking
AG
dermdoc said:

Obviously the SEC, SEC chant ticks off the sips and their apologists in the media. So we need to do it more.
Absolutely. They cannot stand it!
BVAg85
AG
SEsee said:

AgGrad99 said:

SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

Flexbone said:

SEsee said:

TX_Aggie37 said:

Ummmm.....

A. Look at the picture

"Texas A&M clarifies its cheap 'championship' claims, in fine print"

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/texas-am-clarifies-its-cheap-championship-claims-in-fine-print/

Where are you going to put that NC trophy Sharp had made up? Might as well put it in the trophy room and act like it's real.

Well it doesn't actually have a year on it yet. Unlike that one your team claims after losing their bowl game in 1970. I bet NU doesn't like you claiming that championship.
dermdoc
AG
Fact is you are a liar as that photo proves. But then sips do not have a Code of Honor. No wonder.

You were Texas
Stiifdog
Does anyone else in the country post their divisional title years on the side of their stadium? Lol.
Loyalty
AG
Stiifdog said:

Does anyone else in the country post their divisional title years on the side of their stadium? Lol.
Does anyone else name themselves after an animal with an erection?
GAC06
AG
Jock 07
AG
Stiifdog said:

Does anyone else in the country throw parades for degenerate potheads?
88jrt06
AG
So this thread was about a future tu/bama series.

Now the sips have dragged us backward into an era of world wars, polio vaccines and the horseless carriage. They are SO good at that! NatGeoU. NOT a deflection...
AgGrad99
AG
Ah...so it's just that the print wasn't big enough. Gotcha. That is something to concern yourself with.

Stiifdog
No it's the point that no other school claims division championships on the side of theirs stadium after losing the title game.

Also for The "were Texas" crowd, how much is your athletic program worth vs Texas?
Flexbone
Stiifdog said:

No it's the point that no other school claims division championships on the side of theirs stadium after losing the title game.

So now that he proved you wrong (like I already did), you're shifting your argument. Typical response of an ignorant dumbass.

Quote:

Also for The "were Texas" crowd, how much is your athletic program worth vs Texas?

Uh, more? We make just as much money (more really because we don't pad the numbers like Texas has been proven to do by their own AD), yet we turn a huge profit. Texas is in the ****ing red.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.