So the sips want a home and home with Bama?

18,568 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texasteasipper
Bonfire1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stiifdog said:

No it's the point that no other school claims division championships on the side of theirs stadium after losing the title game.
Ummmmmmm......

Quote:

Also for The "were Texas" crowd, how much is your athletic program worth vs Texas?
List for me the prices that Athletic Departments have sold for over the past hundred years. Tell me where that goofy Forbes valuation takes into account the asset base of the various foundations that assist the ADs with funding.

You are woefully underprepared for this argument.
Flexbone
Les Appelt 1999 said:

Stiifdog said:

No it's the point that no other school claims division championships on the side of theirs stadium after losing the title game.
Ummmmmmm......

Quote:

Also for The "were Texas" crowd, how much is your athletic program worth vs Texas?
List for me the prices that Athletic Departments have sold for over the past hundred years. Tell me where that goofy Forbes valuation takes into account the asset base of the various foundations that assist the ADs with funding.

You are woefully underprepared for this argument.

This argument is always one where you can tell the person didn't major in business and is an idiot.
Stiifdog
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/21/billion-dollar-club-ohio-state-texas-oklahoma-named-most-valuable-cfb-programs/
Yes if it doesn't work for you it's fake news.... Also not Forbes this time. Also the only one who pads numbers on a schools money is y'all, you count all schools in the system where Texas just counts Austin, you count your debt loan on a non paid off stadium, etc etc so go on..

And Revenue here
http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-texas-longhorns-2017-11
Also check out the licensing right and Football revenue section and compare......
Jock 07
AG
looks like we have another dumbass sip who doesn't know the difference between revenue and profit.
Stiifdog
You don't know much about the topic do you? Obviously.... Well if you understand how the breakdown works, you guys are in the red... Your chief financial officer atleast understands and it's explained here in this article.... Also the only reason your numbers are up is the stadium project, also explained.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2018/01/29/texas-am-operating-revenue/1077373001/
88jrt06
AG
What I read, Stiffler, is that tu somehow blew through $207,000,000 in the athletic department, with no truly major upgrades to facilities and horrible results -again- in the three major men's sports.

A buttload of cash for a swimming/diving school. (And a fired coach $$ train!)

Next we should discuss your (gone) Chancellor's $200 million purchase for $110 million worth of Houston swamp.
NOBODY "manages" money like tu...except maybe Venezuela.
Jock 07
AG
actually I do, I understand that the sips play tricks with their books like including all revenue from concerts and other events that just so happen to be at the basketball arena. With "more money than the Vatican", you'd assume they wouldn't have to go diving in the couch cushions looking for change, be able to cover a meal or two for coaches and staff, and be able to cover the costs of a basic tennis facility. Weird.
Bonfire1996
AG
Stiifdog said:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/21/billion-dollar-club-ohio-state-texas-oklahoma-named-most-valuable-cfb-programs/
Yes if it doesn't work for you it's fake news.... Also not Forbes this time. Also the only one who pads numbers on a schools money is y'all, you count all schools in the system where Texas just counts Austin, you count your debt loan on a non paid off stadium, etc etc so go on..

And Revenue here
http://www.businessinsider.com/schools-most-revenue-college-sports-texas-longhorns-2017-11
Also check out the licensing right and Football revenue section and compare......

Again....Tell me what price college athletic departments have sold for, historically. Applying some stupid valuation to them based upon revenue generation is dumb, and an exercise in futility. If you knew how college ADs are funded, which you clearly don't, you would know that a large chunk of their "revenue" is from a combination of supporter donations and a liquidation of foundation assets from the various athletic foundations that are in place to support said AD.

What is hilarious is you tout the high "valuations" and high "contributions" number of the sip AD, but you fail to acknowledge how that might not be the result of prudent financial planning.

Let me ask you, which AD is a better financial manager from the two choices below?

1. The AD that needs $35 Million in alumni "contributions" annually to meet its obligations.
2. The AD that needs $7 Million in alumni "contributions" annually to meet its obligations.

You realize that the AD in number 1 is going to be valued higher than the AD in number 2. Even though it is highly likely the AD in number 2 deposited well over $10 Million in new, investable assets into its foundation, while the AD in number 1 had no increase.

Because that's what is happening. Why would your interim and now permanent AD be calling for the end of your bloated expense structure of redundant AD positions if all was well on the 40 acres? You have more money than anyone and are worth more than anyone? Why the scrambling to rub together a few more nickels? Why can't you fund your facility upgrades? Why can the entirety of the SEC improve football facilities out of cash flow? Why can't you?
Flexbone
Stiifdog said:

And Revenue here
My Lord, you are an idiot. What was your major in college? It wasn't business.

Others have already explained the holes in your absurdly incorrect "arguments" so I wont' bother.

But I will ask who cares? What benefit do you get out of yearly "financial reports" (that aren't governed by any standardization and allow schools to report whatever they want however they want, as Texas has done for years and your former AD explained in an interview explaining how Texas wasn't nearly as rich as everyone thought)? Look at all the teams "below" you. Almost EVERY ONE OF THEM are better. As a fan, your primary purpose is to consume the teams' performance. You aren't getting dividends like a shareholder. So what's your point? If these numbers actually ARE correct, it's an absolutely DAMNING indictment of how poorly run and mismanaged Texas is. They have that much money yet can't field decent teams in any sport that matters? How dumb are the people that run the school? Clearly, they're idiots.
Oscar Diggs
AG
Les Appelt 1999 said:

Remember, Colt played defense too and would have easily stopped both Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson from getting 100 rushing yards each.
only way they stop Ingram is if they had this guy on defense.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/04/watch_military_security_dog_ya.html

RAB83FM
Oscar Diggs said:

Les Appelt 1999 said:

Remember, Colt played defense too and would have easily stopped both Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson from getting 100 rushing yards each.
only way they stop Ingram is if they had this guy on defense.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/04/watch_military_security_dog_ya.html

Damn, our LB's and DB's need to watch this on a loop and get an offer to that dog!
dermdoc
AG
Enjoy the Big 12. And Ames, Lubbock, Waco, Morgantown, Manhattan, and all the other fine academic institutions of "your" conference".

You were Texas
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
technoviking
AG
dermdoc said:

Enjoy the Big 12. And Ames, Lubbock, Waco, Morgantown, Manhattan, and all the other fine academic institutions of "your" conference".

You were Texas

This is the best argument on this thread. The SEC destinations are so much more fun to go to than any big 12 destination.
Pooh Ah
AG
dermdoc said:

Enjoy the Big 12. And Ames, Lubbock, Waco, Morgantown, Manhattan, and all the other fine academic institutions of "your" conference.

You were Texas
Stiifdog
Yes...
Starkville, Oxford, Fayetteville, Columbia, Knoxville, Tuscaloosa are amazing places.......

Also that astrik 2008 deal was up for like a day and removed, in a meeting room not the side of a stadium. Put up without approval of the AD or Coach, yours is on the side of a damn stadium and still there.
Bonfire1996
AG
Stiifdog said:

Yes...
Starkville, Oxford, Fayetteville, Columbia, Knoxville, Tuscaloosa are amazing places.......
Based upon the size of the stadiums in the locales.....yes, everyone thinks so.

Quote:

Also that astrik 2008 deal was up for like a day and removed, in a meeting room not the side of a stadium. Put up without approval of the AD or Coach, yours is on the side of a damn stadium and still there.
You are now too dumb to insult.
Flexbone
Stiifdog said:

Yes...

Uh, we built a brand new stadium. That wall is gone. Those are no longer there. But AGAIN AS HAS ALREADY BEEN STATED, the picture of that wall you posted wasn't the finished product. The finished product was posted for you, and you're just ignoring it because it destroys your entire argument. Let me know when we actually claim to be conference champions in a year we weren't like Texas did.
goodAg80
AG
Stiifdog said:

Does anyone else in the country post their divisional title years on the side of their stadium? Lol.
LOL

Oregon won the 2000 Holiday Bowl
technoviking
AG
Stiifdog said:

Yes...
Starkville, Oxford, Fayetteville, Columbia, Knoxville, Tuscaloosa are amazing places......
again, you just don't get it. it's the people that make the place a great gameday atmosphere. folks in the SEC get it. you don't.

your thanksgiving weekend game is gonna be played in lawrence, kansas.

Here's a pic of a big 12 "gameday" in Lawrence:

Jock 07
AG
it was not "up for like a day" and as others have already stated you have proven yourself to stupid to even argue any further.
dermdoc
AG
Stiifdog said:

Yes...

I have been to all the places mentioned in the Big 12 and SEC. I personally like the SEC venues better, have you ever been to any of these places? Or are you just talking out of your butt?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
technoviking
AG
dermdoc said:

Stiifdog said:

Yes...

I have been to all the places mentioned in the Big 12 and SEC. I personally like the SEC venues better, have you ever been to any of these places? Or are you just talking out of your butt?
i'm gonna go with the latter. he's got the cut of a keyboard warrior as opposed to someone that goes out and experiences things.
88jrt06
AG
Stiifdog said:

And Revenue here
That you, Randy?

Noticed the *5* edits and the knowledgeable tone attempting to mask profound ignorance/obsession and so, naturally, thought of you. Or maybe your successful firm actually hired your 1st...employee/intern/anyone? Nah.
Your Friend
Texas sEc
TX_Aggie37
AG
Stiifdog said:

Yes...

Haven't been to any others, but the Knoxville game day experience was one of my favorites. Went to the Georgia game last season, so it didn't last long. But up until kick off was great. Rode down the river with the Vol Navy, free booze, pretty fun time.
88jrt06
AG
Nothing compares with Ames in November.
The night life alone...
aggiejim70
AG
Yeah......And I spent a week in Lawrence Kansas one night.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
technoviking
AG
maybe i missed it.. where did the chosen one go? shouldn't he be running recruiting smack right about now?

when did he disappear?
A Net Full of Jello
AG
dermdoc said:

Stiifdog said:

Yes...

Wait. You think that these:

are better than these:

I find that hard to believe.
Bottlehead90
AG
T sips whistling past the graveyard
technoviking
AG
let's not stop there... let's check the numbers.

Home Attendance according to the NCAA

Some stats of note:

Top home attendance per team

Games/Attendance/Average per game

1. Michigan / 6 / 669,534 / 111,589
2. Ohio St. / 7 / 752,464 / 107,495
3. Penn St. / 7 / 746,946 / 106,707
4. Alabama / 7 / 712,053 / 101,722
5. Texas A&M/ 7 / 691,612 / 98,802
6. LSU / 6 / 591,034 / 98,506
7. Tennessee / 7 / 670,454 / 95,779
8. t.u. / 6 / 556,667 / 92,778
9. Georgia / 6 / 556,476 / 92,746
10. Nebraska / 7 / 628,583 / 89,798

Top attendance per conference

Games/Attendance/Average per game

Southeastern / 98 / 7,357,228 / 75,074
Big Ten / 95 / 6,291,534 / 66,227
Big 12 / 65 / 3,695,374 / 56,852
Pac-12 / 79 / 3,918,463 / 49,601
Atlantic Coast / 93 / 4,505,142 / 48,442

Let's check the average attendance of some home games, shall we?

SEC

Average per game

Alabama / 101,722
Texas A&M / 98,802
LSU / 98,506
UT / 95,779
Georgia / 92,746
Florida / 86,715
Auburn / 86,446
South Carolina / 78,586
Arkansas / 63,224
Ole Miss / 58,631
Miss State / 58,100
Kentucky / 56,468
Missouri / 51,490
Vanderbilt / 31,341

Big 12

Average per game

t.u. / 92,788
Oklahoma / 86,520
Iowa State / 57,931
Oklahoma State / 56,790
West Virginia / 55,946
Texas Tech / 55,065
Kansas State / 51,301
TCU / 44,080
Baylor / 43,830
Kansas / 26,641

The team with the third highest home attendance average in your **** conference would sit at 12th in the SEC.

No one is going to your games.

You were Texas.
88jrt06
AG
Bottlehead90 said:

T sips whistling past the graveyard
They've been whistlin' past the graveyard
All the live-long day
They've been whistlin' past the graveyard
A fight song oh so ghey
Stiifdog
You almost lost to a division 2 school last year I wouldn't throw stones with a glass house.. Talking about bad losses, you had a couple close games with very bad teams last year...... Also I was talking about locations to visit like the poster implied not stadiums someone posted pictures of and yes I've visited half I'll admit of those towns on the list. None good, now are all the big 12 locations great to visit.... No. I think we can agree were pretty even there and PAC 12 is the best on that by far
Stiifdog
Were Texas talk again.... lol. Who wins in recruiting no matter the record? Who makes way more money off merchindise and licensing off the football program every year no matter what? Who's football program makes millions more every year? Yes were Texas for sure.....
There is a difference in claiming you are nationally relevant and actually being relevant, that's displayed in these numbers and the value that the rest of the country puts on your program, just saying.. but hey YRTS. Lol
BVAg85
AG
Stiifdog said:

Were Texas talk again.... lol. Who wins in recruiting no matter the record? Who makes way more money off merchindise and licensing off the football program every year no matter what? Who's football program makes millions more every year? Yes were Texas for sure.....
There is a difference in claiming you are nationally relevant and actually being relevant, that's displayed in these numbers and the value that the rest of the country puts on your program, just saying.. but hey YRTS. Lol

Please go back and read the thread again instead of repeating yourself.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.