So the sips want a home and home with Bama?

18,575 Views | 215 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texasteasipper
Bonfire1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MSU/SECALUM said:

FPI projections show big trouble for Big 12

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23012587/college-football-playoff-big-12-espn-fpi-projections

That article is 2x4 after 2x4 after 2x4 after 2x4 to the dome of big12 fans. Just a repeated thrashing of bad news followed by statistics and cold doses of truth. The only thing they have is hope. Hope that numerous teams from real conferences stub their toes repeatedly throughout the season.
Texan1976
MSU/SECALUM said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23012587/college-football-playoff-big-12-espn-fpi-projections

One thing is for sure, MSU won't be doing a damn thing. What is it, 78 years since your one conference title?
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

MSU/SECALUM said:

One thing is for sure, MSU won't be doing a damn thing. What is it, 78 years since your one conference title?

MSU would be beat the absolute **** out of Texas.m and has been better than Texas for a decade. How is that possible considering your "history"? History doesn't win games in the present. It's hiring the right coach, which Texas still hasn't done. Texas hasn't dominated their own league in 40 years yet here you are, preaching to us all about "history" when your own isn't that good.

78 years? Why did it take Texas about that long to win their first NC?
Your Friend
"Texas hasn't dominated their own league in 40 years yet here you are, preaching to us all about "history"

I'm loving your latest angle
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

"Texas hasn't dominated their own league in 40 years yet here you are, preaching to us all about "history"

At least he puts thought into his responses and hasn't been playing a stupid ass "schtick" for 15 years. Do you ever get tired of defending a school on the internet every day which took a giant sh-t on your application?
Your Friend
David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

At least he puts thought into his responses and hasn't been playing a stupid ass "schtick" for 15 years. Do you ever get tired of defending a school on the internet every day which took a giant sh-t on your application?

Thought? That's the most contrived BS I think ever seen from him (which is saying something) and he's repeating it on every post.
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

Thought? That's the most contrived BS I think ever seen from him (which is saying something) and he's repeating it on every post.

Oh really? When is the last time Texas was the dominant program in their own conference? After addressing that question, please cite other things iv "contrived" and why they're incorrect.
Your Friend
I'll need your parameters of "dominant". Is it win %? CCs? What time span are we looking at? 5 year? 10?
Flexbone
What DECADE was Texas the best program in their own conference?
David_Puddy
AG
Buscemi will tap-dance around your question as to not type what 99% of the rest of the world outside of Austin knows......the answer is OU has dominated that conference in the last 2 decades.
GAC06
AG
Princeton has 28 national championships
MSU/SECALUM
Texan1976 said:

MSU/SECALUM said:

We'll see if our new first year coach, Joe Moorehead can do better than 7-6 in his first year than Herman did at Texas. Returning most of our starters and bringing in a good receiver class. It would be interesting to see how many yards Fitzgerald could rack up against that Texas D but we'll see if Synder & Kansas State can stop us the second weekend of the season in Manhattan?
Your Friend
Oh it's decade
Ronnie Mund
David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

It's really been 15 years?
Texasteasipper
David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

Do you ever get tired of "e-defending" the "e-defending?" Do you really think Old Rivalries is ever just gonna be a strictly anti Texas forum of aggie circle jerking alone together. Is that most appealing to you? Your post history is almost all about Texas. This forum is obsessed with Texas, so its always going to attract Texas fans for entertainment purposes. Its a .0004 of a second click away when taking a s**t, yet you guys pretend this is a place you have to get literally in a car to drive to, lmao. OR has SOLID value for good laughs and feeds fascination, sort of like a human social experiment.. Its like the gift that keeps on giving. So I for one, Thank you David Puddy for all that you do.
David_Puddy
AG
Texasteasipper said:

David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

Do you ever get tired of "e-defending" the "e-defending?" Do you really think Old Rivalries is ever just gonna be a strictly anti Texas forum of aggie circle jerking alone together. Is that most appealing to you? Your post history is almost all about Texas. This forum is obsessed with Texas, so its always going to attract Texas fans for entertainment purposes. Its a .0004 of a second click away when taking a s**t, yet you guys pretend this is a place you have to get literally in a car to drive to, lmao. OR has SOLID value for good laughs and feeds fascination, sort of like a human social experiment.. Its like the gift that keeps on giving. So I for one, Thank you David Puddy for all that you do.

My post history is almost all about Texas? Where the f-ck did you make that up?

You dumbasses who take the time to register for a username on an Aggie website to defend a school that you didn't go to will never become any less pathetic or funny to me, so yes I will keep laughing at you goons.
Your Friend
Ronnie Mund
Quote:

This forum is obsessed with Texas, so its always going to attract Texas fans
This may be one of the most unstable things I've read on here.
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

Oh it's decade
Yes, isn't that reasonable? It should be for a program as BADASS and POWERFUL and BLUE BLOODED at TEXAS, shouldn't it? The answer is...the 1970s...just like I've been saying. You can't refute it, which is why you haven't.

Lowering the bar some because it's required in your case, let's trim it down to even a FIVE year period. What FIVE year period did Texas dominate its own conference? The early 80's?
Flexbone
Texasteasipper said:

David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

Interesting. I've always thought the gift that keeps on giving is Texas' ****ty sports teams in every sport that matters.
Your Friend
05-09.

1 NC, 1 BCS win, 2 CCs (3 if not for BS tie breaker rule) and 4-1 vs ou. Texas was definitely the best team in the conference during those 5 years
Texasteasipper
David_Puddy said:

Texasteasipper said:

David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

Umm its literally documented in your post history genius.
David_Puddy
AG
Texasteasipper said:

David_Puddy said:

Texasteasipper said:

David_Puddy said:

Your Friend said:

Umm its literally documented in your post history genius.

I don't see a section where it says "posts about Texas," you obsessed dumbass. Maybe you'll have to point me to it because I just see percentages on certain forums. So you're making that up.
Flexbone
Your Friend said:

05-09.

1 NC, 1 BCS win, 2 CCs (3 if not for BS tie breaker rule) and 4-1 vs ou. Texas was definitely the best team in the conference during those 5 years
First of all, it's hilarious that you're calling the rules your tshirt team agreed to "BS." Texas would have gotten smoked by Florida in that game.

Second of all, didn't OU and Texas win the conference the exact same number of times during that period you're referencing? I don't really consider it "dominating your conference" when another team wins it just as often. And go back one year (2004-2008) and up one year (2006-2010), and the argument completely changes. That shows you just how "dominating" Texas was.
Texan1976
Texas accomplished more in the Mack Brown era than A&M has in their entire history when it comes to meaningful national games. And he was our second best coach.

Can you agree no Ag coach did at A&M what Mack did at Texas? Who even is your best coach? Sumlin? RC?

One national title. Multiple BCS wins. Played for another national title. One loss away in 2001, 2004 and 2008 from playing for it all. More top 4 and 5 finishes that A&M has in its history.
goodAg80
AG
Flexbone
Texan1976 said:

Texas accomplished more in the Mack Brown era than A&M has in their entire history when it comes to meaningful national games. And he was our second best coach.

Can you agree no Ag coach did at A&M what Mack did at Texas? Who even is your best coach? Sumlin? RC?

One national title. Multiple BCS wins. Played for another national title. One loss away in 2001, 2004 and 2008 from playing for it all. More top 4 and 5 finishes that A&M has in its history.

TOp 4, Top 5, BCS, "1 loss away", etc , the goalposts always move.

And no, I don't agree.
Thucydides1.
Billy Kennedy was seriously discussed among the Aggie faithful as being "their best coach ever"...and I don't think that that is a ridiculous proposition.

That is seriously about all they have ever done.
Flexbone
Thucydides1. said:

Billy Kennedy was seriously discussed among the Aggie faithful as being "their best coach ever"...and I don't think that that is a ridiculous proposition.

That is seriously about all they have ever done.

Are you lost? This is about football. And nobody think Billy Kennedy is A&Ms best basketball coach ever. Then again, he's a lot better than anything Texas has right now, in any sport. There isn't a single coach A&M would trade Texas for, in any sport. Congrats on being pretty good...a long time ago...and then firing him Bc you thought you were better. But you aren't. You're insufferable ******s loaded with debt and forced to hire mid major coaches in every sport.
BVAg85
AG
Every sip post on this forum is always a plea for attention. They just can't stand it because a&m is moving on without them. All this living in the past that they do is just their way of saying, "look at me, look at me. Ignore that other school that's starting to get some attention." A&M has done better in the SEC than what was expected and they see the potential there and the reason for the move. And now they'll be back with more of the "but we used to posts" to convince themselves that they have nothing to worry about.
Thucydides1.
We won a national championship last week, you absolute moron.
Bocephus
AG
Texan1976 said:

Les Appelt 1999 said:

Remember, Colt played defense too and would have easily stopped both Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson from getting 100 rushing yards each.

Texas defense gave up less than 300 yards that night. And it would have been less had the offense not repeatedly went 3 and out and turned it over 5 times.

So Colt playing would've helped the defense tremendously.

Your OL couldn't protect him and you had a poor running game. Protecting the QB is part of the game. Greg McElroy played the game with a broken rib which limited his passing. Guess he was tougher than Colt bc he fought through the pain. Even with his limited ability to pass, tu still couldn't stop the run. Bama was simply a much better all-around team.
BVAg85
AG
Thucydides1. said:

In football?
Flexbone
Bocephus said:

Texan1976 said:

Les Appelt 1999 said:

Remember, Colt played defense too and would have easily stopped both Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson from getting 100 rushing yards each.

Texas defense gave up less than 300 yards that night. And it would have been less had the offense not repeatedly went 3 and out and turned it over 5 times.

So Colt playing would've helped the defense tremendously.

Your OL couldn't protect him and you had a poor running game. Protecting the QB is part of the game. Greg McElroy played the game with a broken rib which limited his passing. Guess he was tougher than Colt bc he fought through the pain. Even with his limited ability to pass, tu still couldn't stop the run. Bama was simply a much better all-around team.

Texas changed their offense the next year because of this game, which was stupid.
Flexbone
Thucydides1. said:

In what?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.