Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Chase Sapphire Reserve

58,213 Views | 391 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Herknav
GarlandAg2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's not how I understood a calendar year. I get what you're saying but I thought a calendar year is a 12 month period beginning Jan 1. In my mind to say the reward lasts 2 calendar years would imply that if you meet the requirement in November it doesn't start until the next January and then lasts two years. I get what you're saying now though. I think the most clear way to phrase it is that it lasts the rest of the calendar year in which is is achieved and all of the following calendar year.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Using a lounge at the Toronto airport with the Priority Pass Select from the Reserve, nice bonus perk.
Ag13
AG
I upgraded from CSP right when this came out but haven't been charged the annual fee yet. anyone else run into this?
khkman22
AG
Ag13 said:

I upgraded from CSP right when this came out but haven't been charged the annual fee yet. anyone else run into this?
You realize that by upgrading you will not get the 100,000 bonus points, right?
Ag13
AG
khkman22 said:

Ag13 said:

You realize that by upgrading you will not get the 100,000 bonus points, right?
Yes but unfortunately I am well over 5/24 for Chase so had no chance.
klsmith89
AG
Thought I'd give an update on the Priority Pass guest question from a while back. Went to Europe a couple of weeks ago. Hit up 3 lounges in 3 different airports - all 3 lounges let me bring in 2 additional guests for free, no questions asked.

Also, someone mentioned that they don't get 3x pts on EZtag. I have a TxTag, and have been getting 3x pts on those charges. Just an option if you want to switch to get the 3x pts.
752bro4
AG
752bro4 said:

Got 5/24'd

800+ fico, checking/savings, and a CC (Marriott) with chase as-is

Going to call the reconsider number later this week.
So I called last week to see if I could change anyone's mind. Didn't think I would get anywhere. I had actually forgotten about it. Just logged onto my Chase checking accounts and low and behold, there it is!
Aggie1391
I finally got my metal card in the mail after about 2 months
GarlandAg2012
AG
Was going to call and ask if they're still planning to get those to people. Glad to hear it's happening.
FTAco07
AG
Just got mine last week as well. I called a few weeks ago and they said they were going to get everyone the metal card by the end of November.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Currently in pending status for the Ink Plus. I think I am right at 5/24 but went ahead and applied on Sunday before it was gone. Debating if I should call recon or let it ride...
wessimo
AG
Applied on Nov 1 and my application is still pending... said I'd get a decision within 30 days of application. Annoyingly long wait.
khkman22
AG
wessimo said:

Applied on Nov 1 and my application is still pending... said I'd get a decision within 30 days of application. Annoyingly long wait.
Now you may miss out on this year's travel credit if your first statement doesn't close prior to the end of the year.

Have you called to check on it? I had an issue with mine and my wife's, I am assuming because of moving earlier this year. I received a letter stating to send documentation of current address and since I have my other accounts with them, they called me to ask if I actually applied for the card, for fraud purposes. I called back and talked to a person online who was able to verify everything and get me signed up. So you may want to call and see if there is anything you can do to expedite it.
wessimo
AG
My card arrived today!
Post removed:
by user
FTAco07
AG
jake2011 said:

Do you really care if you get a plastic or metal card?

The card pocket in my wallet was stretched out from my old metal Sapphire Prefered and the thinner plastic Reserve kept slipping out so yes I care.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I got the card for me and did a second card on same account for my wife. I assume the $4,000/100k bonus only applies to one account right not each card? Otherwise I need to start using my wifes. I went over it in the first month, but have not seen the points. How quickly did everyone's 100k point credit appear?
jaggiemaggie
AG
Should I wait and open the card on Jan1 2017?
Ag13
AG
jaggiemaggie said:

Should I wait and open the card on Jan1 2017?

$300 travel credit is a calendar year thing so there's still time to get $300 credit in 2016 and 2017. Jan 1st is arguably the worst possible time to open from that perspective. Also there's no guarantees the sign up bonus will be around still.
DonaldFDraper
AG
I got hit with 5/24 on the Ink Plus.

Has anyone had any success getting around 5/24 on a business credit card recently? If so, details?
jaggiemaggie
AG
If i opened today, would my statement end by Dec 31st? I'd hate to pay $450 for nothing....

Also after getting this card, should i just close my chase Southwest card?

Ag13
AG
Not sure when the statement would end but the annual fee is on a 12 month not calendar year basis.
hot dog
AG
jaggiemaggie said:

If i opened today, would my statement end by Dec 31st? I'd hate to pay $450 for nothing....

Also after getting this card, should i just close my chase Southwest card?

The card is worth one AF even if you don't get to double dip on travel credit. The 100,000 point signup bonus is worth at least ~$1500 if you transfer to partners. I'm getting over 3 cents per point transferring to Hyatt, so it's even possible to stretch those points farther.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Well that changes things then!
PetrolAg
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

I got the card for me and did a second card on same account for my wife. I assume the $4,000/100k bonus only applies to one account right not each card? Otherwise I need to start using my wifes. I went over it in the first month, but have not seen the points. How quickly did everyone's 100k point credit appear?

Only applies to one account so you don't need to use your wife's card. The points will come in after your next statement period (30 days after the statement that put you over the $4,000). If you look at your ultimate rewards you should see a box that says "points at next statement" or something like that and it will include the 100k
mhayden
Not sure if it's been posted already, but for those wanting to use the $300 travel credit in 2016 and then again in 2017 -- know that the 2016 year "ends" whenever your first December statement closes. So if you have a statement that closes on December 3rd and you book your travel today, it will use your 2017 credit, not your 2016.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Got mine approved yesterday, good time to pay the $4k I owe TAMU for Capital Contribution for a nice $500 discount.

The free travel insurance is a big benefit for me.

Killin Me Smalls
AG
mhayden
Yeah, it was definitely in the terms and conditions, I just didn't read them closely enough.

Basically if you got the card in 2016 and already received a December statement (like I did on 12/3), then any travel use you have will go towards your 2017 credit -- your opportunity for 2016 credit has already passed.
Killin Me Smalls
AG
nevermind...just re-read that link.

Quote:

There seems to be a discrepancy between how the benefit is described and how it's implemented. According to the Chase website, the $300 statement credit is available for your first year as a cardholder from the date your account is opened through your December statement date (i.e., when your statement closes in December). You then get another credit valid for the next 12 billing cycles (through the following December statement date).

I took the bolded part to mean that it was ONLY good for the next 12 billing cycles.
khkman22
AG
Killin Me Smalls said:

The biggest "surprise" for me was that the annual credit ended after 2017. I thought it continued through the life of the card.

I'll be canceling prior to my fee coming due this year.
Where do you see it ends after 2017?
Killin Me Smalls
AG
I edited my post. I mis-understood the article. Thanks for catching that...it's a great card for $150/year after the $300 credit.
hot dog
AG
Just got back from a trip to NYC. Transferred UR points to Hyatt and was able to stay a few nights at the Park Hyatt. They upgraded our room so we ended up getting a little over 3.5 cents per point of value. Only catch is now my girlfriend expects to stay at a place like that every time...
752bro4
AG
My 1 month + review:

Fantastic card. I burned through the spend minimum in a matter of days, had a business trip in right after Thanksgiving and burned through the travel bonus. Sitting at 110k points. Got my fiancee to get one as well and she has done the same. Also getting her the Chase Ink for her business. She'll rack up 100-150k points/year on that. I hope that Citi or WF or BoA comes out with a product that is the answer to this card so that we can hop back and forth every couple of years.

I haven't used the lounges yet. I still have the AA black card and the Admiral's Clubs are just too convenient. I will be cancelling that card on its renewal (also $450). I feel like this is going to eliminate every other card in my wallet.
Duncan Idaho
The lounge at DFW is pretty sparse. But it at least lets you get away from the screaming kids, filthy casual travels, charge your phone and grab something to drink in relative comfort.

Don't expect one-of the big flagship lounges

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.