Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,923,539 Views | 227784 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
bhanacik
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ktownag08 said:

For those that use Think or Swim, where do you park cash? Schwab doesn't default to sweeping cash into a reasonable yielding money market account like others.

Or do you just not worry about it?

I've had parked cash in SWVXX with Schwab. It gets around 5.22% 7 day yield and I've been happy with it. One thing to note is if you need to pull cash out of it, it takes a day to settle, so next day is the soonest you could use the money to invest into something else.

Brother Shamus
Heineken-Ashi said:

Brother Shamus said:

Is this your chart or online source?
Online source. Someone who is very tuned in to BTC miners. Credited the chart to this twitter user.

Bitcoin Micropig

Thanks - I like to trade the miners as an equity market equivalent along with my crypto holdings.
Heineken-Ashi
Brother Shamus said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Brother Shamus said:

Is this your chart or online source?
Online source. Someone who is very tuned in to BTC miners. Credited the chart to this twitter user.

Bitcoin Micropig

Thanks - I like to trade the miners as an equity market equivalent along with my crypto holdings.
And you hit the key word.. trade. You just have to understand that they move violently with the BTC trend in both directions, and each one also has its own fundamental issues to deal with.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Red Pear Jack said:

I'm in one of their treasury funds. I think the yield was in the high 4s low 5s at the time. SNOXX.

Curious, why are you taking this over SWVXX, which has a higher yield?
Red Pear Jack
Sponsor
I wanted something that was straight US government paper, the additional juice wasn't worth the squeeze to me.
Dan Scott
AG
What the hell is happening to Hong Kong Market. And is it going to F us?
ProgN
Dan Scott said:

What the hell is happening to Hong Kong Market. And is it going to F us?
https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/22/moodys-is-negative-on-asias-sovereign-creditworthiness.html

The best advice I can give to everyone is to don't FOMO and get trapped. If you realize that you did and find yourself trapped, the gtfo and book the loss. Don't let pride affect your decision and stay out of the same security for 31 days and be able write it off against gains.

My approach is that the world, especially the US, is playing with Monopoly money so trade but get back into cash. If you hit a homerun, then us those profits to buy precious metals, land, or other tangible assets. I'm approaching this year with a quick strike mentality. I'll get in and get out but will not let myself to get trapped.
agdaddy04
AG
do you guys know why I would have received this message when trying to login to the desktop of Active Traders Pro?
ProgN
It looks like you're at Fidelity and if so then I'd tell them to GFT. I've heard their platform sucks anyway, so if I'm right, then I'd be researching where I want to transfer my accounts to. JMO
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
agdaddy04 said:

do you guys know why I would have received this message when trying to login to the desktop of Active Traders Pro?

This is just their CYA. If you want to see live real time data on the price action you'll need to sign.

It's nothing crazy or extreme. Can fill it out online in the browser I think. Just an agreement that says prices aren't guaranteed to be 100% accurate at 100% of the time. I'm sure other brokers have something similar.
agdaddy04
AG
Right, but being $123 per month seems extreme. I'd previously had no issues logging in.
joekm3
AG
SMCI up another $34-35 pre-market
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Right, but being $123 per month seems extreme. I'd previously had no issues logging in.

I'll candid in that I didn't really read that snapshot you sent too closely. But that absolutely does seem really high and I would not pay for that.

I can still log into my Active Trader Pro and have no screen like that but I guess it's because I don't have any professional designation?

I'd give their customer service a shout and see what they can do.
BT1395
AG
BT1395 said:

The NVDA stuff is garbage. Short it if you believe them though! I'm long on it and think it's VERY well positioned for the AI wave over the next few years.

Just revisiting this as NVDA crosses $600 this morning. A tasty 32% rip since this garbage short attack was attempted. There's not enough time or energy in the world to hold folks like this accountable, so I hope their wildly red short positions are punishment enough!
Heineken-Ashi
Jumping back into BLDE with stop at Friday's low. IWM is looking promising and I like the technicals here still.
gggmann
AG
PYPL going crazy since last Thursday.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
gggmann said:

Entered PYPL $65C dated for June of 2025. Using it for a long term control over PYPL shares but keeping my capital outlay minimal given current sentiments. I am treating this as a trade and will be quick to cut bait if market goes south.

Heineken-Ashi
Bought USO $69 weekly expiring puts. Risky trade. But we're inside the supply zone that has sent it down $2-$6 three times over the last 2-3 weeks. A break above $70.25 and I'm likely manually stopping myself.
EnronAg
AG
will SPY fill the overnight gap and rocket ship for the 3rd day in a row???
gggmann
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

gggmann said:

Entered PYPL $65C dated for June of 2025. Using it for a long term control over PYPL shares but keeping my capital outlay minimal given current sentiments. I am treating this as a trade and will be quick to cut bait if market goes south.

I opened a put spread on it, pretty conservative, but should still make 16%.
Heineken-Ashi
UNG 1:4 Split incoming
Philip J Fry
AG
Assume you mean a reverse split?
Heineken-Ashi
Philip J Fry said:

Yes, figured the smaller number in front was the tell.
txaggie_08
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Philip J Fry said:

Wouldn't that be 4:1?

4 shares converting to 1 share.
Heineken-Ashi
txaggie_08 said:

Heineken-Ashi said:

Philip J Fry said:

Wouldn't that be 4:1?

4 shares converting to 1 share.
Yes, just the way I've always conveyed it.

Quote:

UNG will execute a one-for-four reverse share split effective after the close of the markets on January 23, 202412. The reverse share split will reduce the number of UNG's shares outstanding and will result in a proportionate increase in the net asset value per share ("NAV") of UNG12. Shareholders on January 23, 2024 will receive one post-split share of UNG for every four pre-split shares of UNG they hold1.
Heineken-Ashi
Stopped on USO. Got through the lower end of the supply zone and not willing to wait for value to deteriorate more before potentially turning around. And above the next area this has runway above to low $71's, and through that, to $74's. Tried to front run a move down and lost. Don't fight the trend wins in the end. Will be watching in the coming days for a potential setup down, if it should present itself. But not going to front run again.
joekm3
AG
Your FMC play was from about 11/2-1/2 and the gap you were working to fill occurred between Friday 10/20 close and Monday 10/23 open. Is that correct? I'm still learning and want to understand the trade.
zag213004
AG
reedsterg said:

So are we just chalking up WWR as a loser or has anyone added any in the 0.50 range?

I have not heard any calls for table pounding in a while so that may be the answer.
Heineken-Ashi
MLCO - not liking how deep this has gotten. Putting a pause on it. Never got in myself because I wanted to see it hold support. If you want to take a flyer here in the $7's with a stop at $6.80, go for it. Might work out. It is oversold. But I'm waiting to see a jump off a support level.
Heineken-Ashi
Getting a weekly sell signal on AMD. Might not materialize, but hoping it comes down a little.
joekm3
AG
I stopped out of AMD at 167.25. Booked a 20% profit in 20 days. I plan to re-enter when the timing looks right.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
LUV up 4% AH after UAL smashes earnings. (Pilots also approved a 5 year contract today.)

Looking like a solid hold.
gougler08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

LUV up 4% AH after UAL smashes earnings. (Pilots also approved a 5 year contract today.)

Looking like a solid hold.

Hopefully UAL will have good service for me this week but I'm not holding my breath
El_duderino
Hoping it pushes back down below $150 or even below $130 to enter.

On the UNFI front, maybe showing a little life today, but the previous gap downs on earning reports has me leery of holding through that in 6 weeks and being a bag holder.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Funny enough I got a reimbursement check in the mail from them today for my Uber expenses in Houston after my flight was cancelled for the Alaska Airlines debacle.

First time I can remember an airline actually doing that for me.
First Page Last Page
Page 6278 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.