Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,939,184 Views | 227804 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by I bleed maroon
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I opened a Rollo Insurance branch.

So kind of neither. We tried to go the aggregator route at my previous place before it's ok. I'm too old for slow growth. Rollo made it warp speed to get going.
Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

I mean I have no doubt it's worth every penny. Just wish it wasn't $100 a month. It's hard for me to sink that and not be able to use it a lot
likewise, I'm just not into subscriptions on anything. I hate having monthly payments. We have paid off cars and don't even have a cable bill. We do pay for a NBC sports sub, but that's to feed my cycling viewing that and GCN.

and if I could try it for a week, I think that would appeal much more to me than 1 day. 1 day it's hard to get a feel for much.
irish pete ag06
AG
Yeah. Hell I guess I'll have to be the change! Gonna try to find me a weekly play on the weekends.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Good to hear. Would you say the hard markets in HO/Auto are a headwind or a tailwind for starting a new agency?
irish pete ag06
AG
Pepper Brooks said:

Good to hear. Would you say the hard markets in HO/Auto are a headwind or a tailwind for starting a new agency?

It can be argued both ways.

Tail wind because people are more prone to shop.

Head wind because new business is often more expensive than renewals. And winning with someone mid term is dang near impossible right now, especially on property.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Send me your info and you can run my HO/Auto/Umbrella when my HO comes up in November. Auto and Umbrella are on a July effective date.
irish pete ag06
AG
Sent you an email last night.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm worried about the nvda fraud thesis pulling the sector down. Let me analyze more in depth this weekend.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I really like the OA service for what it's worth.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I'm worried about the nvda fraud thesis pulling the sector down. Let me analyze more in depth this weekend.
I know I've been busy but please tell me about this fraud thesis because this is the first I've ever heard about it.
TheVarian
AG
Wrong thread
Troy91
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can someone translate?
Troy91
AG
You have to read multiple posts to piece it together.

It appears to center around Nvidia selling to a company that they control and counting that as revenue. Throw in Blackrock loans and almost all of the revenue increase from this quarter appears to come from sales to a company that Nvidia controls called CoreWeave.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh wow.
BT1395
AG
The NVDA stuff is garbage. Short it if you believe them though! I'm long on it and think it's VERY well positioned for the AI wave over the next few years.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Did you like Qualcomm in April of 2000 as well?
BT1395
AG

No, but that's not a fair comparison in real terms.

Focusing on NVDA, the issue in question isn't any different than the other AI ventures they've entered as a vertical play. Smart move on their part and they've disclosed it. The bottom line is that their stock is cheaper on a relative basis now - even after this massive run - from a forward earnings perspective than it was at the beginning of this year. By a lot. Happy to own it and will continue to scrutinize and you are welcome to short it if so convicted. Good luck, amigo!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Is it illegal to count it as revenue if you did transfer it to another corporate entity, even if it's owned by the same people? I mean, assuming you mark it as a sale and record the money transferred from one entity to another, right?
Troy91
AG
It requires a different set of acknowledgment. The accusation appears to be surrounding failure to properly record that transaction.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BT1395 said:

No, but that's not a fair comparison in real terms.

Focusing on NVDA, the issue in question isn't any different than the other AI ventures they've entered as a vertical play. Smart move on their part and they've disclosed it. The bottom line is that their stock is cheaper on a relative basis now - even after this massive run - from a forward earnings perspective than it was at the beginning of this year. By a lot. Happy to own it and will continue to scrutinize and you are welcome to short it if so convicted. Good luck, amigo!
well, I shorted it today and did well.

BT1395
AG
Good job, buddy!!!

As stated, I'm long on the stock from an investing perspective (not trading). Good luck going forward..,
Triple_Bagger
If you use GCN+, you must add a VPN as well. Just set your VPN to London and you'll get every race on GCN+
AgsMnn
AG
Thoughts on GRNT?
Heineken-Ashi
Public secondary offering - 5% of total shares outstanding. When big fish sell it spooks the market. Buying at $5 has a chance to be an interesting swing trade.

Quote:

08:32 AM EDT, 09/11/2023 (MT Newswires) -- Granite Ridge Resources (GRNT) said Monday that Grey Rock Energy Management has launched an underwritten registered secondary offering of 7.1 million shares.

Underwriters have a 30-day option to buy up to about 1.1 million additional shares, the company said. Granite Ridge will not sell any common stock in the offering and will not receive any proceeds from the sale of its common stock by the Selling Shareholders in the offering.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Brewmaster
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

If you use GCN+, you must add a VPN as well. Just set your VPN to London and you'll get every race on GCN+
Nice! God bless you sir. do you ride too?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I believe in the company, I just don't think you should buy at current prices. It will trade a $3XX handle soon.
fightintxag13
AG
Prior to this month, VIX hasn't been this low since January of 2020.
BT1395
AG
Sounds like there's plenty of room for you to continue your short position. Good luck!
Triple_Bagger
Yes. I'm down in Austin if you ever want to ride.

For the VPN, I use ExpressVPN. It's cheap and very easy to use. You can add multiple devices under one account. I can't even keep up with all the races that show up on GCN+ now. I have plenty to watch during the offseason.
Triple_Bagger
fightintxag13 said:

Prior to this month, VIX hasn't been this low since January of 2020.
That could change with this weeks CPI. It's expected to show inflation on the rise for the 3rd month in a row.

WSJ came out over the weekend saying the Fed won't hike this month and they're usually right. Will be interesting to see if they change that prediction after CPI on Wednesday.
sts7049
AG
i've been holding dec VIX calls for awhile now waiting for a spike, and it still hasn't come.
fightintxag13
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

QCOM at $100-$105 range is a buy. Draw a line from the 11/3/22 bottom to the 5/25/23 bottom and make sure it carries forward. That's your lower support and you place your stop just below. If it breaks below, delete the ticker from your watchlist until November at the earliest. Also draw a line from the 2/1/23 top to the 7/31/23 top and carry it forward. That line is your target, and you should be out with 50% of your position at $115. This is a share buying opportunity unless you are willing to buy ATM calls at least 3-4 months out and sell 75% after the first move. I wouldn't recommend it as this timeline can be anywhere from October to March. And with calls, you lose the safety of an easy stop and have to watch intently and manage the stop manually.
I reached on this one a little and entered at $107. Looking great so far! Thanks for bringing this one to the the thread Heineken!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
nm, brain fart. Still processing Miami loss.
AgPT06
AG
XOM. Just went net free on Oct $120 calls. Never made it in Feb or Apr, will see if it can this time.
First Page Last Page
Page 6217 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.