Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,064,559 Views | 224406 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by ProgN
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's forecast demand. "Much lower"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
El_duderino said:

It missed on both I thought. Not sure on guidance though

This would make sense. These days it seems like beats bring a stock down and misses bring them up.
EliteZags
AG
they were never going to come close to beating the misses were already baked in
EliteZags
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Just a heads up to you renewed bulls. This has been my base expectation for IWM. Today questioned it a little and I had to adjust the channel. Notice the mid channel line being used as support and resistance. Until resistance is taken out, I'm still expecting this. Not saying I'm going to be right, but just showing you what the bear path for another move down might look like. And with the 10yr hitting support today, VXX and VIX failing into support zones, today and tomorrow's earnings coupled with economic data could be very relevant and critical to determining what's next.

Heineken-Ashi
I posted without cleaning it up first like I usually do. You should see some of my other ones, especially SPX when I don't have smaller timeframes hidden. I can lose myself quickly. Many times I just delete all and start over.

I also like to draw pictures. Here's one of my best from 2022.

“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
McInnis 03
AG
I haven't seen the pooping brontosaurus pattern in ages!
BaylorSpineGuy
Not terribly surprised TSLA is rallying. Horribly oversold. Also doubt it's a long term bottom.

I'm of the opinion that it bottoms when Cathie Wood gives up. Every stock she capitulates on eventually rallies hard. Will wait patiently. If this was the bottom, so be it.

We haven't even hit a recession yet.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Not terribly surprised TSLA is rallying. Horribly oversold. Also doubt it's a long term bottom.

I'm of the opinion that it bottoms when Cathie Wood gives up. Every stock she capitulates on eventually rallies hard. Will wait patiently. If this was the bottom, so be it.

We haven't even hit a recession yet.
POWL reports next week
BaylorSpineGuy
I almost nibbled at 122 but never did. Didn't see your follow up post. Anyway….shame on me. It's up massively in that time.
SW AG80
AG
Hope it is good. Very good.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I almost nibbled at 122 but never did. Didn't see your follow up post. Anyway….shame on me. It's up massively in that time.
You were supposed to remind me doc.

Anyway, it's flashing buy indications so I added more across all accounts today at $142.25. I don't have inside info but with their backlog of over $1B in sales, I'm not too concerned about their earnings and I'd rather ride it instead of watching fly away from me.

If they do smash earnings, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they declare a split and they need to imho. Their float is way too f'ing small for the money they're making.
BaylorSpineGuy
I broke my own rule and added on a position I'm down on but I increased my shares of SNOW at 147 yesterday. It formed an RDR yesterday and had follow through today so hoping for a rally for several days.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I broke my own rule and added on a position I'm down on but I increased my shares of SNOW at 147 yesterday. It formed an RDR yesterday and had follow through today so hoping for a rally for several days.
I'm in SNOW higher than that and not worried about it at all. POWL, ARM, SMCI, NVDA, PANW have all been my recent buys. I used the Israel retaliatory strike against Iran selloff to re-deploy cash that I've been building to buy great stocks on sale because of panic.
EliteZags
AG
Quote:

I broke my own rule and added on a position I'm down on

weird rule
BaylorSpineGuy
EliteZags said:

Quote:

weird rule

Many of the great ones have followed that rule. Believe it's a Peter Lynch principle if not mistsken. Basically….dont double down on a bad thesis. Add to winners not losers.
BaylorSpineGuy
People have averaged down on WWR for a long ways. It's 40 cents now.
EliteZags
AG
I'd be at 4 figure loss on PLTR instead of 6 figure gain
BaylorSpineGuy
EliteZags said:

To be fair, that stock showed a reversal and has made a series of higher highs. Adding to SNOW where I did, it had made lower highs and lows. Certainly not a risk free strategy.
Heineken-Ashi
And I hope you got out of PLTR sometime over the last month
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
GreasenUSA
AG
EliteZags said:

Quote:

weird rule
It's actually one of the most basic rules traders should learn early on. If they don't, their career will be very short.
Averaging can work out 9 times out of 10, but that 10th time will likely wipe out all other gains.

Note: I'm not talking about long term investing in index funds or retirement accounts.

ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

EliteZags said:

To be fair, that stock showed a reversal and has made a series of higher highs. Adding to SNOW where I did, it had made lower highs and lows. Certainly not a risk free strategy.
I also added some as well and I suspect that their earnings and forward guidance will be above expectations. We will find out soon enough.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

People have averaged down on WWR for a long ways. It's 40 cents now.
Please don't ever put WWR and SNOW in the same zip code doc.

First Page Refresh
Page 6412 of 6412

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.