Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,939,419 Views | 227804 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by I bleed maroon
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where are you guys seeing NVDA run into resistance? Obviously if I thought it'd go this high this quick I would have added more, but feeling like it'd be good to lock in profits soon.
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

Where are you guys seeing NVDA run into resistance? Obviously if I thought it'd go this high this quick I would have added more, but feeling like it'd be good to lock in profits soon.
This is just my opinion but I recommend taking money off the table and booking profits of any stock that has gone parabolic before they report earnings. The reason being is that I suspect they'll all pullback regardless of the beat and positive forward guidance. Don't ride them down because of greed and 'just one more point and I'll sell' nonsense. JMO, everyone make your own decisions.
SAag1113
AG
Called out by OA, I'll take it.
ProgN
SAag1113 said:

I'm just f'ing with ya. If you've lurked for over a month in the past then you know that's my personality. Welcome to the clubhouse man. Like my daddy always said before he passed, "if I can't F with you, then I don't want to talk to you".
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

SAag1113 said:

I'm just f'ing with ya. If you've lurked for over a month in the past then you know that's my personality. Welcome to the clubhouse man. Like my daddy always said before he passed, "if I can't F with you, then I don't want to talk to you".
SAag1113, we only let ProgN stay because of his wit and charm.
ProgN
bmoochie said:

does this mean we get to now throw rocks at you?

It absolutely does.
ProgN
spud1910 said:

ProgN said:

SAag1113 said:

You left out my scantily clad hot, sexy women dancing gifs.

Those angels are by far my best contribution.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

ProgN said:

SAag1113 said:

spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

ProgN said:

SAag1113 said:

It's late and I'm old. I can't remember everything.
ProgN

Unless I'm perma'd but I've spent considerably less time on F16 so the road to recovery is one day at a time, right?
ProgN
BTW doc, a fund manager on CNBC today said $ZTS is one of her favorites for '24. I have it on my primary watchlist that I posted a couple of days ago. I don't like it's current chart but when it does look right, I plan to ride the wave back up. It's not an exciting stock, but I won't care when it provides a very good ROI. I know you're familiar with them because of your profession, are their products regularly used by vets?
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

BTW doc, a fund manager on CNBC today said $ZTS is one of her favorites for '24. I have it on my primary watchlist that I posted a couple of days ago. I don't like it's current chart but when it does look right, I plan to ride the wave back up. It's not an exciting stock, but I won't care when it provides a very good ROI. I know you're familiar with them because of your profession, are their products regularly used by vets?

Yes, they are a big name in the veterinary field. They are in every clinic with vaccines, pain meds and antibiotics.
ProgN
Thank you, it's definitely a safe buy but not at this price. When it falls, I'll post the day I do.
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

Thank you, it's definitely a safe buy but not at this price. When it falls, I'll post the day I do.
Sounds good. I traded it some a couple of years ago, but haven't paid much attention lately.
ktownag08
AG
For those that use Think or Swim, where do you park cash? Schwab doesn't default to sweeping cash into a reasonable yielding money market account like others.

Or do you just not worry about it?
Red Pear Jack
Sponsor
I'm in one of their treasury funds. I think the yield was in the high 4s low 5s at the time. SNOXX.
Enzomatic
ProgN said:

You might've heard of them. Used to be called Pfizer.

They were their veterinary line created about ten years ago before splitting off.

That said, unlike Pfizer, I've loved every product Zoetis has come out with since way back before the split. Solid company from that side of things.
HoustonAg_2009
This is what I'm hearing:
POWL buy range 70
SMCI buy range 325
ZTS buy range 170

I'll collect my 5% until we see the markets take a breather.
Brother Shamus
Is this your chart or online source?
ProgN
HoustonAg_2009 said:

This is what I'm hearing:
POWL buy range 70
SMCI buy range 325
ZTS buy range 170

I'll collect my 5% until we see the markets take a breather.

Very good, add $U in $25 range.

They may or may not get there but I'd rather wait in cash than bag hold at their current prices.
lobwedgephil
Excellent trading!
FishrCoAg
AG
Enzomatic said:

ProgN said:

They were their veterinary line created about ten years ago before splitting off.

That said, unlike Pfizer, I've loved every product Zoetis has come out with since way back before the split. Solid company from that side of things.

Definitely love/hate relationship with zoetis. Good innovative products and crap customer service, screw over the non corporate private practice vets. End of rant.
mpl35
AG
FishrCoAg said:

Enzomatic said:

ProgN said:

Definitely love/hate relationship with zoetis. Good innovative products and crap customer service, screw over the non corporate private practice vets. End of rant.

I know a lot of folks that work for Zoetis. Everyone I know likes working for them so there's that at least. Decent culture from what I can tell. They also sponsor a lot research through universities.
ProgN
FishrCoAg said:

Enzomatic said:

ProgN said:

They give me $215-225 from $165-170 in less than a year, then they're good in my book.
FishrCoAg
AG
They are a money maker, and I wouldn't mind making some on their stock instead of giving it to them
ProgN
Cool, now isn't the time though.
spud1910
AG
Yep. As a veterinarian I liked them better as norden.
oldarmy1
AG
I had taken a sizeable position across all account in PYPL before the "shock the world Jan 25" CEO statement. We've been discussing it the last two weeks, as I think it has bottomed. Well now I see it as a big surprise winner for 2024. I could see the institutional buying, which is why I joined in on the buying.

If it pushes up into Wednesday close ahead of the news coming Thursday I'd be in profit protection and trim mode. Here's a set up I can see playing out, and if it does I'd jump all over it. Thursday announcement gets a sell the news move. I'd be a big buyer because I think it will bounce right back upward.

Obvious scenario is the news is the rumored deal with Elon and it just rockets (pun intended).
oldarmy1
AG
Gave trade on FDX made Friday for a quick 200% gainer. I'd watch it for a big continuation candle because the chart is in a load and go pattern.
oldarmy1
AG
We traded FMC from $51.21 to $65.50. There is a gap just above there but the algorithms have shifted and you can no longer count on pure gap fills. Also, something I have seen is the round numbers aren't always reached at nearly the same % as in times past. A whole lot more tops at .96, .97, .98 .99. We made the adjustment and it's made a difference. Another thing we spotted mid last year was the Dreaded h pattern augmented into a double wave hn look. First time it happened it caught be by surprise and I started watching for it. Sure enough, that was a program change by the big money. Sometimes the 2nd hump is above the initial h. We adjusted on that as well.

As AI becomes more advanced the professional trader will have to be adaptable. That said, there are still programs being run that recognizing them makes big gains. On Thursday my analysis showed we would likely lose the opening gains and drop to retest the previous day. We took Puts early with easy stops if markets hit new high. Markets went into a slow sinking about halfway to the levels given. I had an appointment and before leaving I told members to wait for the first trigger to be hit and exit the Puts. And then SPY would pause for a few minutes before dropping to the low trigger, at which time buy SPY $474 Calls.

I got out of my appointment, and they had executed the trades exactly as described. I've seen that program run over 1000 times and it was one of the easiest trades of the year. If machines are running the markets then be NEO!.

ProgN
When markets rollover, look at POWL at $70 or less and it's a buy. It's a microcap and thinly traded so you can't be slamming your johnson on the table with 20K buys/sales of shares, but they are highly profitable and you'll owe me a bass fishing excursion for the rec.
Heineken-Ashi
Brother Shamus said:

Is this your chart or online source?
Online source. Someone who is very tuned in to BTC miners. Credited the chart to this twitter user.

Bitcoin Micropig
bmoochie
AG
What if it's a very small table??
ProgN
bmoochie said:

What if it's a very small table??

This better not be your van bruh.
Enzomatic
FishrCoAg said:

Enzomatic said:

ProgN said:

I've ever had any problem with them. Their reps always treated me well. And I was as far from corporate as you'd get.
First Page Last Page
Page 6277 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.