Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,939,490 Views | 227804 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by I bleed maroon
LMCane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
speaking of Tesla, some guy on one of the investment shows I watch was claiming that Tesla is making Humanoids

is that correct?

if they make a good humanoid- is that going to be part of the normal Tesla Share price?

or it's a different entity like SpaceX?
bmoochie
AG
Elon tweeted one the other day folding a shirt so yes, definitely a thing. Clearly none of these guys watched the Terminator movies or I-robot. We are doomed.
gougler08
AG
Entering MLCO here on this big drop with a stop at 6.85
Heineken-Ashi
gougler08 said:

Would keep a fairly tight stop. I'm waiting to see it jump off support.
gougler08
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

gougler08 said:

Would keep a fairly tight stop. I'm waiting to see it jump off support.
Agreed, it's a low risk play but if it fails, I'm out
Heineken-Ashi
Just sold $15 MARA puts. Missed the bottom today, but if all I get is premium I'll be happy.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
bmoochie said:

Elon tweeted one the other day folding a shirt so yes, definitely a thing. Clearly none of these guys watched the Terminator movies or I-robot. We are doomed.

HoustonAg_2009
Interested in following here, but wondering what you're seeing? Why not see if it gets closer to support of sub $7 prior to entering?
reedsterg
AG
So are we just chalking up WWR as a loser or has anyone added any in the 0.50 range?
HoustonAg_2009
Spirit Airlines has absolutely gotten demolished since govt blocked Jet Blue merger. Down almost 60% in 2 days. Falling knife or short term opportunity?
Heineken-Ashi
Waiting to see if we get the afternoon flip and strength through end of week. Let's see.
Heineken-Ashi
CORZQ made it. Approved! Officially coming out of bankruptcy!

Core Scientific, Inc. Plan of Reorganization Confirmed by Bankruptcy Court | Business Wire

Will re-enlist with Nasdaq end of January

Quote:

Under the terms of the Plan, shareholders (as of the anticipated record date of January 23, 2024) will receive shares of the Company's new common stock and warrants, constituting approximately 60% of the Company's new equity (following exercise of the warrants issued to existing shareholders and including new shares issued as part of the equity rights offering). Assuming the cash exercise of all applicable warrants, and the cash is used to pay down debt, the Company's existing debt would be paid in full, a reduction of approximately $1 billion from its debt balance prior to the Plan. Plan approval comes shortly after the Company announced it had fully paid off its DIP financing and successfully completed an oversubscribed $55 million Equity Rights Offering.
reineraggie09
AG
Tesla = Skynet

I really thought that was going to be Google or Facebook
Diggity
AG
Elon left OpenAI because of those kinds of worries, so I don't think it's Tesla you have to worry about.

He's also big into EA, which is a whacky group that has put a lot of thought into SkyNet types of scenarios

https://www.effectivealtruism.org/articles/ea-global-2018-how-sure-are-we-about-this-ai-stuff

Heineken-Ashi
Another BTC miner to watch. IREN

Iris Energy Secures Pathway to 20 EH/s in 2024 Via Miner Purchase Option | Markets Insider (businessinsider.com)
Heineken-Ashi
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Spirit Airlines has absolutely gotten demolished since govt blocked Jet Blue merger. Down almost 60% in 2 days. Falling knife or short term opportunity?
You have no stop. This is ATL. Wait for it to form a bottom and show signs of coming off so you have something to set stop under.
El_duderino
UNFI hitting a demand zone of $14.40-$14.5? Hit this level 12/1 and 12/13 before being pushed up to $17 both times.
WoMD
So where are we standing with WHD in terms of plan of action (or inaction)? Are we out completely, taking it off the initial list, as it dropped below the original stop loss number?
Heineken-Ashi
WoMD said:

So where are we standing with WHD in terms of plan of action (or inaction)? Are we out completely, taking it off the initial list, as it dropped below the original stop loss number?
Crude is in a month long range, flirting with Darvas box. Gas is taking it on the chin but has recovered a little today.

Until those prove they are moving up and through resistance, it's hard for me to buy energy related stocks.

WHD is about to gap fill into the last support zone before testing low $30's. So I'm in wait and see. Even if I don't catch a bottom, there will be plenty of room up upon reversal to go long.
gougler08
AG
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Interested in following here, but wondering what you're seeing? Why not see if it gets closer to support of sub $7 prior to entering?
I've been burned a few times trying to get it perfect and it never getting there so I'm ok to risk 5-10% to make sure I get in
HoustonAg_2009
Just buying straight shares or options?
Heineken-Ashi
Did the market just provide us the flip we were hoping for? If so, I caught the bottom with my SPY calls for next week. All or nothing.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I heart heinie
gougler08
AG
HoustonAg_2009 said:

Just buying straight shares or options?

Just shares in my 401k, but if I was doing options I would look at selling the Feb $7 put and get 30 cents to cost base below the recent lows, but there's not a lot of volume on those options so could be hard to close out
Heineken-Ashi
Rippy. Tempted to take some profits but going to hold through at least end of week. Stopped move up to entry on calls.
EliteZags
AG
1st time this has happened to me, this morning meant to buy 10 shares TSLA around $213, accidently put an extra 0 and bought 100, waited out the fluctuations and sold the excess near close near $215 for ~$200 gain
this was in my Vanguard the worst platform for trading

does this make me a swing trader now, prob should've just kept the 100 shares but I like spreading out buys thinner
Heineken-Ashi
If we gap up tomorrow, it could get fun through end of week and into early next week. Make sure you know your entry points on individual stocks you are watching. If it bottomed into your area today and shows signs of bouncing off, you know how to place your stops and your R/R could be tasty.
Heineken-Ashi
For a potential quick $3-$5 per share gain, buy DOOR (Masonite International) pre market tomorrow under $91 with stop $89.75 (as it likely dips a couple more dollars AT LEAST if it falls through there) and sell between $94.25 and $96.50. I don't know anything about the company outside of news below, nor do I care. Just playing the chart for a quick gain.

Quote:

In a dramatic turn of events, window and door giant Miter Brands has unveiled a blockbuster $3.1 billion deal to acquire PGT Innovations Inc., outbidding rival Masonite International Corp. and injecting a new level of intrigue into the corporate battlefield.
Quote:

Adding to the suspense, Masonite's previously announced agreement to acquire PGT for $3 billion on December 18 has been abruptly terminated. PGT, deeming Miter's offer a "superior proposal," has opted for a deal that values its worth at an astonishing $3.1 billion. In this twist, Masonite walks away with a termination fee of $84 million.
DRE06
AG
reedsterg said:

So are we just chalking up WWR as a loser or has anyone added any in the 0.50 range?
Its down 50% in a year and 95% in 3 years. That is the definition of a loser. I can't imagine trying to add anything to a stock that has done that.
ProgN
agdaddy04 said:

Prog, do you have any recent thoughts on TTD? Anything changing your mind about it being a solid long term hold?
Sorry for delayed reply but I've been pretty sick going on 3 days now.

TTD is still best in breed for what they do and a solid company. I'm curious to know how Google eliminating tracking cookies will affect them. I'm not tech savvy so if I'm completely pulling **** out of my ass, then someone tell me. We never stop learning, right?

I'm not worried about TTD but I would like to learn more about how these changes might impact their business model. I'm hoping they give some clarity in their conference call after their next ER.

HTH
TriumphForks
AG
reedsterg said:

Probably a loser. But I can't sell it now because it'll pop a bit later. Can't sell it on the pop because *THIS* time it's the one that goes to the moon. So I hold.
agdaddy04
AG
Thanks for that. It's been one of my largest holdings in my old 401k and I've just left it alone rather than trying to scalp it. It's had some pretty harsh moves but still believe in it.
ProgN
Sorry for the delayed list but these are the ones that are on my priority focus list that I follow daily. I'm still north of 70% in cash because I want to see how things shakeout post ERs and forward guidance. I will post my buys and sells when I do make a move. I did one today in one of the accounts I control for a good friend of mine but I'll put that in a separate post. I'm tinkering with a new strategy that's showing promise and some here might also like.

List:

SMCI
PANW
FSLY
PLTR
WAL
TFC
NVDA
AMZN
SPY
GOOG
MSFT
AAPL
POWL
ETN
U
AMD
TTD
SAVA (I haven't added more because it's hero or zero and I have enough exposure)
WYNN
CZR
MDB
DDOG
CRM
CYBR
ZTS
SIG
SNOW
TREX
KSS

I'm still in the camp that the market is still on a euphoric high and it just feels like a trap. I don't want to be a bag holder and locked up for months or have to book a loss because I went full FOMO dumbass. I'd rather miss out of a big move, like I did last week with SMCI, and be in cash than be locked up.

If anyone has questions about specific stocks on my list, I will answer and tell you what I see. If you see something different, then please tell me because no one (except congress critters) is Nostradamus and it's good to evaluate from a different perspective.

Gig'em

ETA: Like I posted earlier I'm sick so please have patience if my response isn't immediate.
reedsterg
AG
TriumphForks said:

reedsterg said:

Probably a loser. But I can't sell it now because it'll pop a bit later. Can't sell it on the pop because *THIS* time it's the one that goes to the moon. So I hold.

How has it not reverse split yet?
jagvocate
AG
https://thegreattaking.com/
First Page Last Page
Page 6272 of 6509

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.