Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,072,945 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep, free trade.

BaylorSpineGuy
Agree that their earnings likely will look very poor, but remember their stock rallied big on Squid Game in late September, and the new season of Ozark drops on Friday. This may bring a boost for them.

Was thinking their raising prices + Ozark drop may serve as the double bottom catalyst to reverse their downtrend.

Alternatively, it falls to the 380-400 range where it was in 2018-2019.
Engine10
AG
Hoo boy, very interested to see how this plays out this year.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hey FJ - our "favorite" crowd strike is getting close to a bottom.
moses1084ever
AG
What metric(s) are you looking at when deciding which strike to buy ITM?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Intrinsic value. If I am buying in the money, I want to pay little to no premium so that a move in the underlying is a move in the option.
Brewmaster
AG
this guy has had some spot on takes in the recent past. also fwiw, "hell is coming" is April he says. This is a small pullback about to happen, then proceed to 5k-5100 by April, then dump 30%. and ouch, that'd be 3600 or so.

I think Mancini had a very similar take the end of last week (comparing this market to the 2000 bubble, which rallied til April, then dumped).

There will be a ton of money to be made on both these moves!

azul_rain
Good buying opportunity
Philip J Fry
AG
Weekly Watch:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vr07246eLNe5-vJt5YQl_4KC-AJf_I170CPiwsDo1GQ/edit?usp=sharing

Another week and I've added a bit more to the screener, and have started developing a more tangible strategy.

1) I think it's important to me that the stock stay above the ema120. I don't like the idea that you would be trading against the long term trend unless the potential profit is worth it. In this case, I'm holding out for OSTK for a bit longer.
2). Added filters for recent ema5 crossings over 10, 20, and 120. Hope this gives an indication of breakouts.
3). Added Average Volume and last volume. If you are looking at this alone, the PHUN show signs of life.

Still not a fan of the RBCAA volume. Looks like I may sit on my hands this week. UHAL and EBAY are on my watch and see list.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Amazing work. I want to point something out - the winners are big winners. The losers are small losers.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Interesting spot. If it gets the bounce here seems like a decent play back to 200-205 range. Cut at 168.70...ish.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$GURE had big volume on Friday. It's also a micro cap and those move differently. I would give it some room to see what happens.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

Interesting spot. If it gets the bounce here seems like a decent play back to 200-205 range. Cut at 168.70...ish.

I don't trade CRWD, but if it fills that gap at 148/9, then I'll probably go long shrs there. That would fill that gap and would put it in extremely oversold on my preferred criteria. I added it to my watchlist in the case it does.
cageybee77
AG

$GURE had big volume on Friday. It's also a micro cap and those move differently. I would give it some room to see what happens.
I wouldn't risk a lot with a chinese company.......but "some" maybe..
azul_rain
Any long term lithium plays, I have an etf but want more exposure
Philip J Fry
AG

Might be helpful if I included the charts next time. The way I use MATLAB is to spit out that excel sheet. Once I have that, it's a lot easier to filter out the stocks the way I want to look at. I tend to try to find stocks in an upward channel that are bumping off the support line. Seems like the lowest risk kind of trade if you set your stop loss on the other side of the support line.

Here's GURE. It's near a common support level and shows a MACD buy signal. If it goes, easy 20% profit. Expect more like 75%.

Of course, it could always keep dropping so set an appropriate stop loss on it initially.
FJ43
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

I don't trade CRWD, but if it fills that gap at 148/9, then I'll probably go long shrs there. That would fill that gap and would put it in extremely oversold on my preferred criteria. I added it to my watchlist in the case it does.
Agree....that 148.70ish zone is likely if loses the 168-9 area. -3ATR is about 160ish but sort of no man's land.
ProgN
After getting my caffeine in me and looking into it further, I'll start laying into it around 150 should it get there.
FJ43
Philip J Fry said:

Might be helpful if I included the charts next time. The way I use MATLAB is to spit out that excel sheet. Once I have that, it's a lot easier to filter out the stocks the way I want to look at. I tend to try to find stocks in an upward channel that are bumping off the support line. Seems like the lowest risk kind of trade if you set your stop loss on the other side of the support line.

Here's GURE. It's near a common support level and shows a MACD buy signal. If it goes, easy 20% profit. Expect more like 75%.

Of course, it could always keep dropping so set an appropriate stop loss on it initially.
Haven't traded this one.

I'm not a big fan of the volume on this one. 40k shares a few days apart while higher for this one pretty low IMO. Might be a trade but the two days of 'higher' volume didn't hold and were rejected. It is at a support level.

I'd trade carefully if so on this one given the macros.

tlepoC
AG
Looks like a bit of a sideways day to me.
BrokeAssAggie
Do futures typically make big swings when the markets closed on a holiday?
cageybee77
AG
tlepoC said:

Looks like a bit of a sideways day to me.
NAP$ futures going way up tho.
lobwedgephil
Not really, usually just chop back and forth. Retest a few areas in each direction. The move will be overnight tonight, tomorrow morning.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/17/peloton-is-about-to-tack-on-hundreds-of-dollars-in-fees-to-its-bike-and-treadmill-citing-inflation.html

Quote:

Peloton is about to begin effectively charging customers more for its original Bike and Tread products, citing rising inflation and heightened supply chain costs.

Beginning Jan. 31, the company will be asking customers to pay an additional $250 for delivery and setup for its Bike, and an additional $350 for its Tread, according to a banner on its website. That will bring the costs for those products up to $1,745 and $2,845, respectively.

Previously, Peloton said that the $250 and $350 fees for delivery and assembly were included in the total price of the Bike and Tread.

The price of Peloton's newer Bike+ product, at $2,495, is not going to change, according to its website.

In the U.K., Germany and Australia, Peloton has similar messaging on its website that costs will be going up starting Jan. 31.

During a recent meeting among company management, Peloton's chief marketing and communications officer, Dara Treseder, said the changes were due to growing inflation and higher supply chain expenses.

"Right now, people are raising prices. Ikea just raised prices. We want to go in the middle of the pack," said Treseder, according to a recording of the meeting that was obtained by CNBC
SF2004
AG
ProgN said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/17/peloton-is-about-to-tack-on-hundreds-of-dollars-in-fees-to-its-bike-and-treadmill-citing-inflation.html

Quote:

Peloton is about to begin effectively charging customers more for its original Bike and Tread products, citing rising inflation and heightened supply chain costs.

Beginning Jan. 31, the company will be asking customers to pay an additional $250 for delivery and setup for its Bike, and an additional $350 for its Tread, according to a banner on its website. That will bring the costs for those products up to $1,745 and $2,845, respectively.

Previously, Peloton said that the $250 and $350 fees for delivery and assembly were included in the total price of the Bike and Tread.

The price of Peloton's newer Bike+ product, at $2,495, is not going to change, according to its website.

In the U.K., Germany and Australia, Peloton has similar messaging on its website that costs will be going up starting Jan. 31.

During a recent meeting among company management, Peloton's chief marketing and communications officer, Dara Treseder, said the changes were due to growing inflation and higher supply chain expenses.

"Right now, people are raising prices. Ikea just raised prices. We want to go in the middle of the pack," said Treseder, according to a recording of the meeting that was obtained by CNBC

You could write this about every company right now.

The consumer is about to take a massive price increase across the board. Will be interesting to see if wages match to neutralize it.
cptthunder
Just a friendly reminder no one get to bored with the market being close and wonder of the f16 or anything like that and catch a ban or the likes
azul_rain
I keep getting pulled over there
Philip J Fry
AG
Agreed. This is what drove me to add volume to the screener. I would not play more than a few hundred shares on it.
GreasenUSA
AG
https://claimittexas.org/

Possible way to make some money today. I found a new $150 claim.

Someone reminded on another board to check once per year.
spud1910
AG
GreasenUSA said:

https://claimittexas.org/

Possible way to make some money today. I found a new $150 claim.

Someone reminded on another board to check once per year.
Have you had luck getting these. My deposit from the place I stayed as a freshman (1981-82) has been there since 1992. The times I tried to get it, they wanted a copy of a bill to prove it was me. I didn't make a habit of hanging onto utility bills for 10 years.
FJ43
cptthunder said:

Just a friendly reminder no one get to bored with the market being close and wonder of the f16 or anything like that and catch a ban or the likes
Prog warning all in love I see....
docaggie
AG
Same here. I had to have a document showing proof of residence at a place I lived at in 2002.
I've lost track of how many moves I've had since then
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PeekingDuck
AG
Thanks, I found a couple hundred!

Oh, never mind - they want documents that I have no hope of finding.
spud1910
AG
PeekingDuck said:

Thanks, I found a couple hundred!

Oh, never mind - they want documents that I have no hope of finding.
That has always been my problem. By the time it shows up, I have thrown it away.
emac0002
AG
There is a second way of getting it if you do not have the bill etc. We filled out an affidavit and sent that in. Some of the things they requested were no longer available so we sent in what we had and it worked.

These were for things from when my mom passed away. It ended up being 15k worth of stuff, so well worth the time.
First Page Last Page
Page 4850 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.