Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,072,934 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fundstrat people calling for SPX 5000 within a couple weeks, others here saying down she goes.

I'm hoping for a gap up to sell my SPY 468C that expire Wed.

GS has earnings before the bell Tuesday, I think. That could be a major mover and the only thing to give me concern for my calls.

This market doesn't feel healthy to me, but it respects those trend lines and moving averages so perfectly. Once those lines break, it'll be obvious and painful.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Fundstrat people calling for SPX 5000 within a couple weeks, others here saying down she goes.

I'm hoping for a gap up to sell my SPY 468C that expire Wed.

GS has earnings before the bell Tuesday, I think. That could be a major mover and the only thing to give me concern for my calls.

This market doesn't feel healthy to me, but it respects those trend lines and moving averages so perfectly. Once those lines break, it'll be obvious and painful.

We've had vol around the middle of the month the last several months. I bet we see opex drama next week.
Post removed:
by user
ProgN
FAT SEXY said:

Holy ****

Any word on a death toll?
I haven't checked but 4' waves hit the US West Coast today.
Ranger222
AG
My feelings are Tuesday will be green, offering a lot of re-tests of the 8 day on individual charts.

Then we crater
BaylorSpineGuy
Cem Karsan was saying the Monday after OpEx is going to be exciting. This timeline may fit. OpEx hasn't been as brutal it seems these past couple months.
Red Rover
AG
I think this one has potential to hammer retail. Lots of optimism Friday afternoon. A green Tuesday will get a lot of folks long.

I agree the following week could be a big move up if we're going that way. If not I think we'll see that correction we've been expecting or fearing for the past 15 months.
ProgN
Not guaranteeing I'm right but I think the bell weathers of tech could to do very well this week. We'll just see what happens.
BrokeAssAggie
Is future training closed tomorrow too?
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/16/walmart-is-quietly-preparing-to-enter-the-metaverse.html

Quote:

Walmart appears to be venturing into the metaverse with plans to create its own cryptocurrency and collection of non-fungible tokens, or NFTs.

The big-box retailer filed several new trademarks late last month that indicate its intent to make and sell virtual goods, including electronics, home decorations, toys, sporting goods and personal care products. In a separate filing, the company said it would offer users a virtual currency, as well as NFTs.

According to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Walmart filed the applications on Dec. 30.

In total, seven separate applications have been submitted.

A spokesperson from Walmart didn't immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment
MRB10
AG
Any ETF suggestions for an investor who wants to add "momentum" trading strategy exposure to their portfolio?
ProgN
NTXAg10 said:

Any ETF suggestions for an investor who wants to add "momentum" trading strategy exposure to their portfolio?

I don't invest in funds but a few in here should be able to help. It might be slow in here today though with the markets closed tomorrow.
Ragoo
AG
NTXAg10 said:

look at Wes Grey's Alpha Architect. He has a momentum fund.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think /CL or /MCL likely has a small pullback from here.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am looking at some potential things. Overstock has been severely punished for no good reason.

The Dec 35C is trading for about $20, so a 10% premium relative to current prices. I'm going to think about some diagonals we could do against that.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Unscientifically, I think SPX 4660 is the key level to start this week. A conservative upside target is 4690. A more aggressive target is 4710. If we start getting action and especially closes above this area, I think 4800+ is in the cards. The Nasdaq has to participate for that.

Below that, I think 4630 is a good conservative target with a retest of 4610 as a more aggressive, but not unreasonable target. I want to see if 4610 holds this time. Mancini posted about this holding but with smaller bounces. It is possible we blow through 4610 to try 4590 when we get down there.

I think we are going to trade 45XX sometime this month, if not this week. We may hit both targets this week. That would be great. Price will tell us.

If you're going to play 0-2 DTE, I recommend playing 1/4 to 1/2 of normal size with a 30-50% stop. If you get a big move they will pay.

Overall, I'm bearish leaning right now. Tech earnings can change what I think.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Like I've posted before, if you trade SPX and NDX options instead of SPY and QQQ, you have to watch for the bullsheet market maker games. Most of the traders in these are pros and they'll play games like move premiums down below intrinsic value to steal your options, especially with NDX. It's better to set alerts for levels and then get out when you lose support, but you must be disciplined to sell when it hits your stop level.
azul_rain
what are yall reading that shows us seeing a big drop?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
hedge said:

Let me ask this way. Why would we go up?

Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

hedge said:

money coming back in that was pulled out over the last week? We've had some pretty big moves going back to November but the moves have all been decently range bound. We were at a low last week.
BrokeAssAggie
Ragoo said:

hedge said:

money coming back in that was pulled out over the last week? We've had some pretty big moves going back to November but the moves have all been decently range bound. We were at a low last week.

Pelosi went long SPY
tlepoC
AG
She's one of those pro market players...

She knows there are a lot of eyes watching her trades right now. She probably had her son go with a quadruple sized short. She head fakes and then cleans up through her son.

Really makes ya think
SF2004
AG
hedge said:

They aren't saying one way or another.. no one knows.

It is about high probability setups.

There is a GREATER chance to keep selling off right now and thus being cautious or bearish his a higher probability of producing winning trades.

No one knows for sure.
McInnis 03
AG
Shorted MNQ at 15611 based on 2 minute candles. Down to a runner. Wont play again tonight.

Profit guaranteed
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

Shorted MNQ at 15611 based on 2 minute candles. Down to a runner. Wont play again tonight.

Profit guaranteed

You are dirty
McInnis 03
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

Profit guaranteed

You are dirty

Come get me daddy
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Profit guaranteed
Brewmaster
AG
hedge said:

tech and growth have been getting hammered. I see no bottom in either yet honestly. They are still pricing in interest rate hikes IMO. Friday was a nice fake rip into close to sucker retail in. and maybe Tuesday morning will be a continuation of that (up).

I'm with Mancini (until we close above 4700). Speaking of tech, I think NFLX earnings are the 20th. That could be a pivotal point. Remember too seasonality, tech is always weak early in the year (and sometimes for 3 months).

I'm also just scalping levels on options at this point, not putting on new longs.

Brewmaster
AG

Like I've posted before, if you trade SPX and NDX options instead of SPY and QQQ, you have to watch for the bullsheet market maker games. Most of the traders in these are pros and they'll play games like move premiums down below intrinsic value to steal your options, especially with NDX. It's better to set alerts for levels and then get out when you lose support, but you must be disciplined to sell when it hits your stop level.
Do you see these games being played in SPY and QQQ options out 1 week+ as well? or is this mostly a 0-2 dte thing? Sometimes when I scalp lately, I've been going out a week (and on these sometimes they take a few hours to really rip, so I avoid a little of the premium burn). Obviously, my favorites though are buying a reversal and it rips 2 to 3 points in 30 minutes to the next level, cash out, done and done!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Exciting stuff happening in bonds right now.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Profit guaranteed

Excellent trade. I would consider closing at 15500 if we get there. That's the bull/bear line for me.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Spy and QQQ are really liquid. The reason why you play index options is 60% of the proceeds are long term capital gains. But you need to watch your ass doing it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I almost never short earnings but I bet Netflix poops the bed.

I may do a handful of OTM put debit spreads.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

Do you see these games being played in SPY and QQQ options out 1 week+ as well? or is this mostly a 0-2 dte thing? Sometimes when I scalp lately, I've been going out a week (and on these sometimes they take a few hours to really rip, so I avoid a little of the premium burn). Obviously, my favorites though are buying a reversal and it rips 2 to 3 points in 30 minutes to the next level, cash out, done and done!

The "secret" is to buy ITM when there is no premium and ride with the price.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The other secret is not to trade against a 15-30 minute trend, especially if it's got the EMAs going with it. You need to know when to get out (or trail) and when to stop.
First Page Last Page
Page 4849 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.