Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,056,287 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting chart...

DISCA

Back test $30 and weekly 30C.
If runs Feb $35C.
Over Friday's high and think this goes to $35 then $40 before consolidating again.
Can also do shares long potentially from here IMO cut at 28 or 26.70 depending on your RR.

MT is about $50.

Earning 3/1 I think....

ProgN
FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

Just a friendly reminder no one get to bored with the market being close and wonder of the f16 or anything like that and catch a ban or the likes
Prog warning all in love I see....
Guilty as charged.
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

Just a friendly reminder no one get to bored with the market being close and wonder of the f16 or anything like that and catch a ban or the likes
Guilty as charged.
Hmmm, any threads on F16 I need to check out if I get bored today?
Decay
AG
emac0002 said:

There is a second way of getting it if you do not have the bill etc. We filled out an affidavit and sent that in. Some of the things they requested were no longer available so we sent in what we had and it worked.

These were for things from when my mom passed away. It ended up being 15k worth of stuff, so well worth the time.

Exactly this. Especially if you're talking thousands of dollars, you are legally entitled to it.
ProgN
Pretty boring today actually. Directv just left my house after finishing minor repairs. Was waiting on another sub, but will have to cancel. I have a problem at one of my stores I have to go look into.
GreasenUSA
AG
spud1910 said:

GreasenUSA said:

https://claimittexas.org/

Possible way to make some money today. I found a new $150 claim.

Someone reminded on another board to check once per year.
Have you had luck getting these. My deposit from the place I stayed as a freshman (1981-82) has been there since 1992. The times I tried to get it, they wanted a copy of a bill to prove it was me. I didn't make a habit of hanging onto utility bills for 10 years.

I have several times over the years. The one I found for $150 today was approved immediately. I have a $40 one that's been sitting there for a few years, since it's under a different name, and I haven't felt like jumping through the hoops.
FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Does anyone know,....how authorized shares are treated in the purchase of a company by an acquiring company? Are they shares?...do they have value?...are those shares purchased by the acquiring company (dollar value per share)? Looking for the answer specifically regarding authorized shares, not issued shares and not outstanding shares. I Googled and have not found that answer.

My thoughts are authorized shares, would be treated as a "share" albeit they have not been issued or outstanding. If a company can spread a loss over all authorized shares to make the loss look small, and conversely spread a gain over issued shares and outstanding shares only, to make the gain look larger; if it is okay to use authorized shares as a financial accounting tool I would think their treatment would be as a "share" and not a "potential share".
Philip J Fry
AG
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

Guilty as charged.

How do you manage to get banned in F16 so much? That's my second home and I can count on one hand how many times I've been locked out from posting.
Max Stonetrail
FJ43 said:

2020 followed that pattern, however 2019 did not. 2018 rose all the way until the end of January then the bottom dropped out. How far back did he go to determine this is a "seasonal" trend.

I will say just based on a very quick look at the recent January charts back to 2018 there does seem to be a significant drop at the end-ish of January.
Brewmaster
AG
it's not his chart, but check out just below Jan Feb... says 20 year time frame (plenty of data in there).
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

it's not his chart, but check out just below Jan Feb... says 20 year time frame (plenty of data in there).
Walrus style drawing using Mancini post, ballpark seasonality date pivots vs SR & trend levels.

EMAs shown.
Blue vertical lines ballpark date pivots aligning to seasonality
White SRs
Yellow arrow displays a McInnis special on TA drawings......

Just for fun.....

Alternate....I'm bored.

Max Stonetrail
LOL. Always read the fine print, right??
bigtoneag
AG
I think no because shares that have only been authorized don't really exist on the balance sheet anywhere. I haven't really had to do any M&A accounting in my career though.

I've never seen anyone report loss per "authorized" shares? Is that really a thing?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Thanks for this reply. Yes, spreading a loss over authorized shares happens. Analysts are usually pretty quick to point it out to the financial public.
Engine10
AG
I think your train of thought is right, tough question! My thought is: They are shares of the company. They don't have a technical value on the balance sheet, it's just a number on the articles to not exceed. They are available to board/management as lever for creative accounting as you mentioned, M&A activity to help satisfy terms of ownership %, value per share, etc.
ProgN
Philip J Fry said:

ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

Guilty as charged.

How do you manage to get banned in F16 so much? That's my second home and I can count on one hand how many times I've been locked out from posting.

There is a particular mod, imo, that really does not like me. That's easy for me to believe because I've never been shy to voice my opinion on issues because even if I'm doxxed, I cannot be canceled irl. I know, progs have tried numerous times. I own my own business and I'm good at trading. Not being braggadocios, just honest. I have zero fear when I post because any vitriol that I may create in others only becomes worse for them when they can't "punish/cancel" me irl. If I could collect $10 from people that said they'd destroy me and my family irl, I could trade from the beach in the Caymans, lol. My most recent bans included a mod assuming what I was going to post even though I only used asterisks. Oh well, I'm too old to change who I am and have zero interest to conform so I can avoid pissing off some snowflake ***** that probably has pronouns in their email signatures. IMO , the world would be a better place if more people told other offended people to **** off and be on their way. I actually respect that more from people that disagree with me when they say it. I don't flag those posts and thank them for their honesty. More people should be brutally honest and the world would be a better place.

Sorry for the diatribe, but you asked.

Now onto trading tomorrow.
BaylorSpineGuy
10y note up to 1.816.

Tech will likely continue to get savaged if these numbers stay high. I think we possibly gap up and finish red tomorrow. Reject 4700 and see-saw between 4600-4700 for a couple days.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

10y note up to 1.816.

Tech will likely continue to get savaged if these numbers stay high. I think we possibly gap up and finish red tomorrow. Reject 4700 and see-saw between 4600-4700 for a couple days.

Agreed, I took some trading positions in NVDA and TTD at the close Friday but that 10yr yield jump isn't what I was expecting. Both will probably allow me to get out with a small profit but that yield isn't what I wanted to see.
austinAG90
AG
Treasuries Hit New High Yields...1.02 2Yrs 1.61 5 Yrs...Fears of Fed Hawkishnes

Treasuries opened up at new high yields in the short end with 2 years hitting just under 1.02 and 5 years just below 1.61... These were our two intermediary support levels earlier last week on the way to 1.31 2 years and 1.77 5 years... 10 years hit 1.823...the last time we saw these yields for the 3 benchmarks above were precovid in January and February 2020, almost two years ago...

There continues to be accelerating fears of Fed Hawkishness... Some are calling for a 50 basis increase in March (Ackman talking his book)...Dimon on Friday talked about as many as 7 this year... And Citi talked about raises in March, May and June... So far no one is talking about a rate rise next week...

We will discuss more in the morning commentary, but for now we are seeing new record yields ...Equity futures are mildly positive, which is meaningless for now
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
That's a great position to be in. Sleep well at night.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

That's a great position to be in. Sleep well at night.

Thanks brother. It's not bragging because I'm not that type of man and it's taken a longtime to get here. I've never liked being controlled and I loathe people that do that to others. I want everyone, especially in here, to be able to say **** you to any boss/corporation when they feel like they're being controlled. That's the worst in my book.

Like you said so accurately in the past, you trade for freedom. I've never read truer words because I have that and I wish everyone discovers that.
austinAG90
AG
F***ing Amen brother......
FJ43
See what happens when the markets are closed on a Monday. This board gets all riled up for trading on Tuesday.

How can you not love this place.
Talon2DSO
AG
Hell yeah man..
Philip J Fry
AG
FJ43 said:

See what happens when the markets are closed on a Monday. This board gets all riled up for trading on Tuesday.

How can you not love this place.

It's mother****ing game day…every day the market is open. Your chance at financial freedom happens 5 times a week. Who wouldn't be excited about that?
BaylorSpineGuy
My opening bell moves tomorrow are ATM puts on QQQ. That 10y tied gonna kill the NASDAQ. My other move is to
Buy leaps on MRO and XOM. Should've done that 2 months ago but oil is a good place to go long right now.

Is One oil stock better than another with respect to LEAPS options? Jan '23 LEAPS ATM are like 6.50-.7.00 for XOM and like 3.50-3.65 for MRO. That's basically a 16% inc with the current delta for MRO per $1 in price movement but only about 7-9% for XOM.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Futures just puked.
OutlawAG04
Alright… FJ, 30k, Austin, and Prog getting the Sunday freedom talk going after a 3 day weekend. Let's roll!
azul_rain
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Let's see if this holds.

Ragoo
AG
Charge your phone!
ProgN
Talon2DSO said:

Hell yeah man..
In the coming years on this thread I'll make one guarantee. There will be a person, active poster or lurker, that will post what I stated above. When they actually do it, they'll be scared out of their ****ing mind but just watch. When he/she proves to themselves that they can make their own way, their excitement will be palpable and infectious. Most in here are way younger than I am, but everyone reading this thread is capable of that or you wouldn't waste your time here. That's also why more experienced traders/investors like OA, McInnis, Irish, FJ, AustinAG, 30K, Carebear, Johnsongrass, Mazag, 59South (Limey ******* ), and many more share freely. Spoiler alert, none of us have it all figured out, but take what makes sense to you and forge your own path. We all want the same thing. Like 30K said, learn the trade/craft for freedom. Learn, find a discipline and NEVER gamble. We're all dealing with real f'ing money in here, these aren't chips in Vegas. Learn or lose, no one can make you do something, it's up to you.

Love you guys!
austinAG90
AG
Where's that GIF that says

Burn it all down!!!

Back to serious sh*t...There are very smart people on here who have given valuable insights on how to trade.....Follow the signs and no this isn't Vegas....We can do that at another time.....Love e some 21
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Futures just puked.

Let's see if 4619.50…ish holds.

First Page Last Page
Page 4851 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.