Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,081,885 Views | 224433 Replies | Last: 19 sec ago by Brian Earl Spilner
george1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone want to join Big G in shorting TSLA before the earnings are released after the bell?
khaos288
AG
george1992 said:

Anyone want to join Big G in shorting TSLA before the earnings are released after the bell?
450p is cheap lotto
george1992
khaos288 said:

george1992 said:

450p is cheap lotto
Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to trade options yet. Too busy. I just buy and sell or sell and buy stocks. Can't imagine the time I'd spend on trading if you mixed options into my forte. Instead of half my client base being unhappy with my service, it would be closer to 80%!!!

Well I went ahead and took at stab at this "put" thingy. Not sure what I'm doing but the most I will lose is 4K. I purchased 10 $500 strike price puts for $4000. Dipping my toe in the water so to speak.
UpstateAg
AG
"the most I will lose is 4k..." while taking "a stab at this put thingy."

Not saying that's a bad trade or anything, just dang. hefty cash to swing around for a put thingy

Edit: One day that'll be me, maybe???
Pignorant
AG
This post sounds like it was written on reddit/wallstreetsbets
george1992
My trading account fluctuates in 10K swings all the time. Not too much money in it but its highly leveraged. I am a man with big balls and a small brain.
george1992
Pignorant said:

This post sounds like it was written on reddit/wallstreetsbets
You guys are starting to make me feel like I'm doing it wrong. Reminds me of my first time with a woman.

YNWA_AG
AG
It's just your personal risk tolerance
oldarmy1
AG
Today is a throw away day. Reason options have time value. SDC had big volume spike and broke out of tight intraday channel
YNWA_AG
AG
SDC
Talon2DSO
AG
BYND went in the wrong direction
oldarmy1
AG
I rolled out to next week on BYND. Blah
oldarmy1
AG
S&P lot of capitulation going on....something about to break
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Still learning here, so please help me to understand. When you say you rolled out, do you mean you sold the calls at a loss, but reinvested at a later strike date?
aggiedaniel06
AG
Bought a bunch of RCL 120P weeklies. Betting that they miss on guidance due to Coronavirus effect.

Whose with me?! lol
ProgN
Good luck. It bounced hard off its 200 dma. I'll watch you from the cheap seats.
UpstateAg
AG
Thinking of going in on some weekly AIMT calls...
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Bought a bunch of RCL 120P weeklies. Betting that they miss on guidance due to Coronavirus effect.

Whose with me?! lol
This morning RCL announced that they expect the virus to result in a loss of $0.10/share earnings for FY20, with an additional $0.10/share if travel restrictions go past February.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Prognightmare said:

Good luck. It bounced hard off its 200 dma. I'll watch you from the cheap seats.
Speaking of bouncing off the MA, TSN looks to be forming a hammer off its 200 EMA.
Ranger222
AG
Typical Fed day BS. Pop on the Fed release, then decline decline decline as Powell speaks and puts his own foot in his mouth
aggiedaniel06
AG
Yeah, I had seen that and they moved the earnings call to Feb 4. The premiums for next friday, post earnings are nasty. I'll look into selling a call spread.
ProgN
That was because he said that "asset prices are a bit inflated". Not as bad as Greenspan's "irrational exuberance", but not an ideal endorsement for equities.
oldarmy1
AG
spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Still learning here, so please help me to understand. When you say you rolled out, do you mean you sold the calls at a loss, but reinvested at a later strike date?

Exactly....versus risking the strike price getting too far away - combined with having 65% of the initial purchases price in value, I take the loss and use the remaining dollars to buy a put out a week. So if I had 100 calls at $3 and they dropped to $2.01 then I sell the 100 calls and go out a week using that same remaining money to buy 64 calls. Money is the same and if it hits a major run up your investment still wins.
oldarmy1
AG
TECK reversal....all the way back from 70 cents down to green
oldarmy1
AG
SDC $13.85

I like the slow build....keeps shorts guessing and then suddenly you're buried.
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

spud1910 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Exactly....versus risking the strike price getting too far away - combined with having 65% of the initial purchases price in value, I take the loss and use the remaining dollars to buy a put out a week. So if I had 100 calls at $3 and they dropped to $2.01 then I sell the 100 calls and go out a week using that same remaining money to buy 64 calls. Money is the same and if it hits a major run up your investment still wins.
Thank you!
oldarmy1
AG
SDC $13.95
UpstateAg
AG
AH should be fun with ALGN reporting.....
Tumble Weed
Ranger222 said:

Typical Fed day BS. Pop on the Fed release, then decline decline decline as Powell speaks and puts his own foot in his mouth
As I used to say in my younger years ...

"I had it in her mouth and her momma walked in".
tamu2009
AG
Is the line of thinking here that if they report good numbers it's good for SDC since they supply them and can sell directly now?
UpstateAg
AG
It's going to be interesting to see if SDC is going to take market share aggressively from ALGN. SDC is now able to sell to orthodontist's and can secure deals with people like Walmart.

Edit to add about AIMt: I know a kid going through this treatment concept and it works for him. Incredible.
YNWA_AG
AG
ALGN down 7% AH
leoj
AG
MSFT is unstoppable. Best CEO of the past decade?
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SDC $13.95
I'm heavy in SDC shares now, doubled down on the shorts dip yesterday. I suppose at this point, wait until it breaks 15 to trim any?

tempted to hold all... there's more volume in $21C 4/17 than the 15C

14's and 14.50 are popular for this Friday.
leoj
AG
leoj said:

Anyone still looking at NOW? I know it's been on the boards radar before, looks like a real good setup right now
Beat, up 6% ah. LRCX up 4%
First Page Last Page
Page 935 of 6413

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.