Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,519,545 Views | 223291 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
jm94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TSLA up $40 (7%) AH
tramaro1
AG
TSLA...holy crap!

No skin the the game, premiums too high for me but whoever played them congrats.

To the person that bought put thingys...sorry!!!
59 South
AG
NIO getting a pop from TSLA
J_Landes89
AG
Huge if holds
aggiedaniel06
AG
Can BYND please announce that Tesla's can run on their burgers?!
gig em 02
59 South said:

NIO getting a pop from TSLA

NIO to 600!
lead
tramaro1 said:

TSLA...holy crap!

No skin the the game, premiums too high for me but whoever played them congrats.

Those 1/31 $495 puts have gotten cheap
Fightin_Aggie
AG
I don't get Tesla. The cars are nice but I think the big value there is the self driving aspect of the cars but not worth the stock and debt right now.

Is there a fundamental I am missing on Tesla?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
YNWA_AG
AG
Don't forget they are a battery and solar panel manufacturer
george1992
tramaro1 said:

TSLA...holy crap!

Those thingys don't expire until Friday. Still some hope for an Elon Musk debacle to save the trade!!!
claym711
AG
Is anyone in here tracking performance? What kind of annualized return are yall getting from say Jan 2018 to Dec 2020?
oldarmy1
AG
[url=][/url]Zacks Investment Research upgraded shares of Cemex SAB de CV (NYSE:CX) from a sell rating to a hold rating in a report released on Tuesday morning, Zacks.com reports.

According to Zacks, "CEMEX is one of the largest cement companies in the world, with close to 78 million metric tons of production capacity. Through operating subsidiaries in four continents, they are engaged in the production, distribution, marketing and sale of cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates and clinker. They are also the world's leading producer of white cement and the world's largest trader of cement and clinker. "

Like turning around a giant ship.

leoj
AG
I didn't last year, but putting together a trading log and spreadsheet to keep track this year.

I can tell you it was a negative ROI because I decided to take positions just because and then compounded that by not cutting losses. I've been doing way better since I just adjusted my behavior since about Nov/Dec
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm in a similar position, except I have no intention of keeping close track. I am probably down 90% since I started trading options mid year but currently sitting on a bunch of long dated calls on stuff I believe will take off (but will probably expire worthless)
Cartographer
Doing the same thing. Same kind of spreadsheet and behavioral modification.

Mostly I follow what the guys call in here and try to read charts to see what patterns, strategies, entries and exits they are using.

It's insane that their call outs can/have made made me at least 5% on any position I've taken. Literally every 24-48 hours.

Playing with about 1k right now and that's up from 800 in that time frame.

This is the by far the best trading education I've found on the net. The only drawback being learning the language and the mechanisms while trying to run a business.

It's a real blessing.
docaggie
AG
I track my trades, good and bad, in an Excel document. I do a week at a time, then cut and paste onto a separate sheet for P/L tracking for the year. For 2020, I'm also breaking P/L down weekly so I can gauge exactly what I'm doing well - or not.

I've only been active in options since March of 2019, and in a small after tax account. I can swing trade in one of my retirement accounts, but don't follow that as closely (my employer requires 1/2 of retirement to be in Empower, and I can have 1/2 in a TDA brokerage account - it's really annoying, since the funds available in our Empower are so incredibly limited. Not even a decent index fund /end of mini - rant).
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
spud1910
AG
claym711 said:

Is anyone in here tracking performance? What kind of annualized return are yall getting from say Jan 2018 to Dec 2020?
According to Robinhood, which is where I do all of my trading at this point, I am up 380% since I started in Oct. 2017. And that all came since March of 2019, since I was flatlined until then. March is when I traded my first option.
leoj
AG
If anyone knows a TSLA short, please look out for signs of depression. Let them know you are there for them if they need any support.
khkman22
AG
I wonder how Coronavirus will affect Tesla's new gigafactory they just opened, or if it will slow down any of their production. Didn't listen to the earnings call or read anything yet, so not sure if they brought it up or not.
khaos288
AG
leoj said:

If anyone knows a TSLA short, please look out for signs of depression. Let them know you are there for them if they need any support.

There is a reason I bought exactly one contract
ProgN
khkman22 said:

I wonder how Coronavirus will affect Tesla's new gigafactory they just opened, or if it will slow down any of their production. Didn't listen to the earnings call or read anything yet, so not sure if they brought it up or not.
TSLA isn't trading on fundamentals at these levels. It's gonna correct and it will get UGLY. I'm not in it but seen it 1000s of times.
claym711
AG
I'd suggest to everyone that you track a variety of key metrics on every trade and look for patterns, and of course know your CAGR. It's not just about W/L and return, but risk adjusted (sharpe and sortino), volume traded on wins v losses, max drawdown (max adverse excursion), profit vs max possible profit (Max favorable excursion).
Brewmaster
AG
Huuuuge goal post spotted today on BE (Bloom Energy, fuel cell tech co.)

I did some research and found out it was a dark pool trade at around 12:30 central today.

Similar big bullish buys on SDC the last couple days...500k traded in last 5 minutes today too!

docaggie
AG
I have shares, but am moving my stop loss orders up as it moves up.
Once it corrects, I'm hoping I'm fast enough to get into puts as it falls.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
It's dangerous but it will correct. Think BYND when it was $200+ then down to $70. TLRY, etc. it'll slaughter shorts and puts until it does though.
khkman22
AG
If you say so Elon.

Quote:

Musk sounded a little impatient with one analyst who inquired about a potential capital raise to pay down debt or fuel acquisitions, and earlier in the call said that retail investors have "deeper and more accurate insights than many of the larger institutional investors and analysts."
leoj
AG
Would love to see what you use, if possible. Can you even get a sharpe ratio for options?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
oldarmy1 said:

[url=][/url]Zacks Investment Research upgraded shares of Cemex SAB de CV (NYSE:CX) from a sell rating to a hold rating in a report released on Tuesday morning, Zacks.com reports.

According to Zacks, "CEMEX is one of the largest cement companies in the world, with close to 78 million metric tons of production capacity. Through operating subsidiaries in four continents, they are engaged in the production, distribution, marketing and sale of cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates and clinker. They are also the world's leading producer of white cement and the world's largest trader of cement and clinker. "

Like turning around a giant ship.

In. If it jumps before April let me know if you are a scotch, bourbon, or wine guy and where I can have your thank you delivered.
gougler08
AG
RDSA heading down again after earnings, and they announced a 50% cut to our bonuses...ramen for dinner tonight
ProgN
Sorry to hear that brother.
ProgN
What's a good site to use for calculating options prices?
oldarmy1
AG
Welp, BYND and NIO are green.

SLV options SPXS Spy Puts rocking

Hedge cash in morning
khaos288
AG
Prognightmare said:

What's a good site to use for calculating options prices?

Like this?

https://www.optionsprofitcalculator.com/calculator/long-put.html
ProgN
Checkout LRCX
ProgN
Thank you sir
First Page Last Page
Page 936 of 6380

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.