Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,116,907 Views | 224619 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by oldarmy1
UpstateAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BYND goes red pithing ten minutes of market opening.
59 South
AG
BYND is going to make a $10 move today. Which way is a coin flip.
Talon2DSO
AG
59 South said:

BYND is going to make a $10 move today. Which way is a coin flip.

My 150c is worth 6 cents now so I'm going the Alfred E Newman route.
59 South
AG
Yea I've got a little 130 and 140. I knew the risk when purchased and was ok losing it because the upside potential was worth it.
aggiedaniel06
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Bought a bunch of RCL 120P weeklies. Betting that they miss on guidance due to Coronavirus effect.

Whose with me?! lol

Up 500% for anyone that joined me.
oldarmy1
AG
Nice trade!
oldarmy1
AG
Watch SFIX for break above resistance. That stock can make $30 fairly easy on breakout.
aggiedaniel06
AG
Thanks, that's high praise coming from you OA1 Kenobi!
aggiedaniel06
AG
Now this little snippet on cue:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/asia/wuhan-coronavirus-update-china-spread-intl-hnk/index.html
oldarmy1
AG
BYND popping
Idk3
AG
gougler08 said:

RDSA heading down again after earnings, and they announced a 50% cut to our bonuses...ramen for dinner tonight
The share buy back have been nothing but a sham. Just light the money on fire instead.
aggiedaniel06
AG
To me, Cruise Lines are the Coronavirus play. Until this thing tides over, I don't think any rational person would want to be on a floating petri dish. Also the newly created Chinese Middle Class love to cruise.

I will be buying puts and selling credit call spreads on any rips.
oldarmy1
AG
SDC testing $14 again. Above and resistance. Shorts nervous about now hoping market tanks
oldarmy1
AG
CVET early action suggests reversal on red/green dailies. Watch for $13.40 and you'll know it's confirmed.
Post removed:
by user
mrad85
AG
FEYE 1/31 18.5C truly disappoints

I have had hopes of a turn around, but looks like it won't happen
oldarmy1
AG
jayelbee said:

Any thoughts on BKR? It looks like it's at its lower support and keeps bouncing off of that low. I'm new to the technicals, but it also looks like a pennant formation over the last 18 months and is out of room to consolidate.
Just above $21 is long term major support. Always love entering around major support and then you have a preset stop if it loses it. Only thing is the stop has to be far enough away for flash proof fill. If I have an entry like that a lot of times I'll buy the cheap weekly Put 50 cents below major support on a Thursday or Friday. Gives you opportunity with little risk to see if a reversal occurs ($above $22.30 on this one) or not.
oldarmy1
AG
XOM also showing a reversal bottom early on.
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

That dividend well over 5% right now is enticing especially in retirement accounts.
Brewmaster
AG
EWZ 47c just about worthless now, glad I only bought 1!

Thought we were holding for $1?
ranchag04
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SDC testing $14 again. Above and resistance. Shorts nervous about now hoping market tanks

Looks like they may get their wish.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I'm starting to think I shouldve put another 20% of my holdings on covered calls.

Patience
oldarmy1
AG
ranchag04 said:

oldarmy1 said:

I am swing trading $13 to $14 multiple ways since selling initial larger shares as it approached that $15 target originally posted when first entering. Since then I buy under $13 and sell at $14. 3 round trips so far and with Friday expiration coming I bought the last $14 sells back just under 13.60 but then sold tomorrow expiring $13.50 calls for $0.50 to achieve $14 if above $13.50 or lower entry net back close to $13.

Brewmaster
AG
ranchag04 said:

oldarmy1 said:

certainly will... huge volume buys last couple days. I have 14.40 as a key area, once it gets past that, it opens up the flood gates (lots of shorts trapped will provide some fuel).

SDC 4/17 21C has some volume

2/11 is earnings and that week - 14.50C is popular.
HoustonAg2014
AG
59 South said:

oldarmy1 said:

That dividend well over 5% right now is enticing especially in retirement accounts.
I've mentioned that to my parents before. If you can live off the 4% rule (in this case 5% rule) then I would definitely take a look at XOM or Shell for a retirement account. Shell is 6.5%.

I know there is "no such thing as too big to fail" but I would be very tempted if I was older to not dump a huge chunk into these stocks knowing you are living off dividend income with little appreciation opportunities and the biggest risk is that they cut their dividend.

At a UBS meeting last night I heard it pretty perfectly I thought. The head investor (not a UBS guy) stated that oil stocks are like bonds and people should start investing as such. Be happy with the dividend but don't expect much appreciation.
gig em 02
Aggiesincebirth said:

59 South said:

oldarmy1 said:

I've mentioned that to my parents before. If you can live off the 4% rule (in this case 5% rule) then I would definitely take a look at XOM or Shell for a retirement account. Shell is 6.5%.

I know there is "no such thing as too big to fail" but I would be very tempted if I was older to not dump a huge chunk into these stocks knowing you are living off dividend income with little appreciation opportunities and the biggest risk is that they cut their dividend.

At a UBS meeting last night I heard it pretty perfectly I thought. The head investor (not a UBS guy) stated that oil stocks are like bonds and people should start investing as such. Be happy with the dividend but don't expect much appreciation.

What do y'all think about amlp?
oldarmy1
AG
This isn't bear market action. Catalysts of wrapping up the stupid taxpayer waste of Democrats Impeachment charade and any word on virus numbers mitigating will shoot the markets upward IMO.
oldarmy1
AG
DIS green
UpstateAg
AG
I'm waiting for the 30s to go OXY. I love that 8% dividend
Aggie_2463
AG
Well, my TECK purchase not looking to hot right now
oldarmy1
AG
TECK has tons of time. EWZ must have zombie virus worries because the Brazilian economy is doing quite well.
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

DIS green
Of course it is... 30 minutes after I dumped my 1/31 calls
oldarmy1
AG
75k block sell on SDC absorbed.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
TSN with higher daily highs after yesterday's hammer.
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

75k block sell on SDC absorbed.

Tomorrow will be interesting, do they let it go 14+ finally or reap it to 13 again
First Page Last Page
Page 937 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.