Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,431 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by ProgN
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure if already talked about but is anyone having trouble buying Google? My etrade will not allow the purchase right now.
Ranger222
AG
I'm watching TSLA 850 P....went from 4 to 7, now back to 4.75. Gotta be quick on the trigger with these moves, only holding for a few minutes
Brewmaster
AG
holding up so far. if we pop up and out of this, that's when it gets real ugly.

zag213004
AG
Thoughts on NGL? Exploded today
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
My Winston-Salem contacts are 2.8 miles from the fertilizer plant fire. Only texting now. We'll talk on phone later. They are going about their day - business as usual. I suggested they close and leave. There's quite a bit more ammonium nitrate in the Winston-Salem plant then there was at the plant in West, TX fertilizer plant explosion.
2wealfth Man
AG
ProgN said:

https://twitter.com/untappedgrowth/status/1488882399647780871?s=20&t=B-15ZEScJ0OWY8qWqBtCFg

What do you make of this?
UAN is a great play here. This is an MLP that could distribute $30-35 to its unit holders this year.
McInnis 03
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

My Winston-Salem contacts are 2.8 miles from the fertilizer plant fire. Only texting now. We'll talk on phone later. They are going about their day - business as usual. I suggested they close and leave. There's quite a bit more ammonium nitrate in the Winston-Salem plant then there was at the plant in West, TX fertilizer plant explosion.
When I heard yesterday that they had abandoned the fight, I was wondering how long it'd be before we heard about the "BOOM".

Texas City
West, TX
Beirut Lebanon

Ammonium nitrate leaves no stone unturned when it goes.
BrokeAssAggie
all my phones blowing up with text and voicemails to be safe and wrap my pipes...
McInnis 03
AG
I may have found the setup you can literally make your trading career on if you get good at stop placement.

Futures.
Woodies Daily Pivot is the key.

If approaching the daily pivot from above, go long a tick or two above the pivot for that day, set your stop according to your rules, and take profits according to your rules. THere is often a 4-10pt bounce off said pivot.

The rule is inverse for approaching from below. Go short a tick or two below the pivot for that day, then stops/profits according to your rules.

We don't hit the daily pivot each day on ES, so some days no trade.....but overall, pts would be racked in.

May have to switch my style.
McInnis 03
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

all my phones blowing up with text and voicemails to be safe and wrap my pipes...
Did you tell them you already have a buncha kids and that advice woulda been helpful years ago?
BrokeAssAggie
FTAG 2000
AG
Coming down to 4544 on SPX, which has been the low of the day so far.

BrokeAssAggie
Think this might be the bottom for the day...it's almost everyone's favorite time.

Below is what my Winston-Salem contacts telling me.

There's 600 tons of ammonium nitrate at the site, but being told the worse case is a blast that would have a damage radius of 1 mile with 70-80% of the blast energy going straight up.

McInnis 03
AG
Every time you post I hear the Farmers Insurance song in my head.

Just thought I'd share.
BrokeAssAggie
time to work your magic....

Jeff Zucker resigns from CNN after undisclosed relationship with co-worker

Now,....just maybe, T will have a slight rally today because AT&T owns CNN through Warner Media.
Ranger222
AG
Out my TSLA puts and also SQ puts

Done for the day. Direction may be still down but think we get bounce now / consolidation.
Brewmaster
AG
Ranger222 said:

Out my TSLA puts and also SQ puts

Done for the day. Direction may be still down but think we get bounce now / consolidation.
You could be right... if VIX can't hold over 22 here, it may dump out of the megaphone I have it in. Wish I'd grabbed TSLA puts with you, nice work!
Txducker
AG
BREwmaster said:

clinto said:

Are we at model T on QQQ?
blew right past it I believe. (if you're talking about the Jan 20th - 24th drop, which would've been model T around 354, hit 356 on the 26th. If you include Jan 13th's high in that drop to the 24th, that still puts the 50% at 360.
If you use the high of 11/22 which is the highest point for the past year, Model T was 371.60. Model T was hit premarket but failed to get there in Reg market hrs.

Yesterday had more open interest in the 02/02/2022 360C (5,532), then 372C (5,148), versus 370C (4,648) and 365C (4,137). The 365C had 3x volume yesterday over the 370C, but a lot of volume was traded on the 370 and 372C. The 370C calls were cheap yesterday ($0.30 and went to $2.05 this AM). Interesting point on open interest around the model T showing how important a level that is. I think we have heard that here many times before.

Bulls need to close above the 200SMA ~366.25 and then build above the 371.26 to get a rally going.
Max Stonetrail

One of my vendors is less than a mile from the plant. They haven't been allowed in since yesterday.

Crazy stuff. It's always something.
Max Stonetrail
agdaddy04 said:

Spoony Love said:

SPY gapped overnight and I think we see it fill today. The GOOGL rush was nice and all but at face value, the split is just a split and no increase in intrinsic value in the end. Jobs number bad, troops headed to Europe, remaining supply chain issues, clueless admin in DC, etc. This market is still top heavy in my estimation.

ETA: just tested the ORL and I'm guessing we will break through in a little bit.
Don't a lot of splits run pretty high even though they don't create any intrinsic value?
Yes, they do. Some because of the perceived good news and the machines and some individuals that don't understand the split.

However in GOOGL's case, there is speculation it could get added to the DJIA. That means a lot of tracking stocks and funds will we forced to buy, fueling demand and price appreciation.

Just glance back at the last 10 stocks added to the S&P, which happens frequently. There is always a bump from this.
Engine10
AG
Reentered GOOG @ 2960
Towns03
AG
One of the biggest fertilizer producers is CF Industries. The price per ton of anhydrous ammonia was $400-500 just a year or two ago. Today it's $1200-1500.

other producers are Nutrien, Mosaic. Yara terminals the stuff and may have a plant here too, I can't remember.

Check out their last few months. big positive swings.
Paradise Ag
AG
Engine10 said:

Reentered GOOG @ 2960

Regular guy (purely shares) brag.

Bought seven shares GOOGL on Jan 21st at $2624.00 solely for long term investment after seeing posts about its value declared on this thread. Feeling a little like Warren Buffet today. Thanks guys, it's a really good feeling.

Even a blind squirrel gathers an occasional nut.
Engine10
AG
Towns03 said:

One of the biggest fertilizer producers is CF Industries. The price per ton of anhydrous ammonia was $400-500 just a year or two ago. Today it's $1200-1500.

other producers are Nutrien, Mosaic. Yara terminals the stuff and may have a plant here too, I can't remember.

I used to work for Mosaic once upon time in the Florida phosphate plants, visited the potash gang in Canada once or twice too. If true on the ammonia costs, they must have had to jack prices like crazy as that's critical to the final products. Yikes.
Irish 2.0
Engine10 said:

Towns03 said:

I used to work for Mosaic once upon time in the Florida phosphate plants, visited the potash gang in Canada once or twice too. If true on the ammonia costs, they must have had to jack prices like crazy as that's critical to the final products. Yikes.
The 2022 crop year is in for a giant "oh ****" moment. It will not be pretty
Brewmaster
AG
SQ 115C lotto $3 entry
Irish 2.0

Note these are opening orders...Not uncertain?
Brewmaster
AG
Txducker said:

BREwmaster said:

clinto said:

Are we at model T on QQQ?
blew right past it I believe. (if you're talking about the Jan 20th - 24th drop, which would've been model T around 354, hit 356 on the 26th. If you include Jan 13th's high in that drop to the 24th, that still puts the 50% at 360.
If you use the high of 11/22 which is the highest point for the past year, Model T was 371.60. Model T was hit premarket but failed to get there in Reg market hrs.

Yesterday had more open interest in the 02/02/2022 360C (5,532), then 372C (5,148), versus 370C (4,648) and 365C (4,137). The 365C had 3x volume yesterday over the 370C, but a lot of volume was traded on the 370 and 372C. The 370C calls were cheap yesterday ($0.30 and went to $2.05 this AM). Interesting point on open interest around the model T showing how important a level that is. I think we have heard that here many times before.

Bulls need to close above the 200SMA ~366.25 and then build above the 371.26 to get a rally going.
Helluva post, post more often!
cptthunder
Irish 2.0 said:

Engine10 said:

Towns03 said:

The 2022 crop year is in for a giant "oh ****" moment. It will not be pretty
Some interesting comments Ive seen on the unknown effects of the extremely large Tonga eruption a few weeks ago with regards to summer weather for growing season in the northern US and Canada could really compound into a terrible growing season this year
Ragoo
AG
Thread is very quiet today…..
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Thread is very quiet today…..
watching paint dry. I mean VIX and Q's. VIX might dump here, then we get a rally going, 370 by close!
McInnis 03
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Note these are opening orders...Not uncertain?
Hey, anything on DT may 50C??

I think I just saw $14MM cross
First Page Last Page
Page 4963 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.