Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,035,172 Views | 231635 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by ProgN
Max Stonetrail
How long do you want to ignore this user?
59 South said:

59 South said:

ProgN said:

AMD, cut to neutral PT lowered to $130.

Good news is that means we're getting real close to a market bottom when bs like this starts to happen.
Truth. Lots of companies are probably due downgrades, but AMD is about as low on the list as you can get.
This was less than two weeks ago right before it got smacked down to 100 last week.

Crooks, never change crooks. Congrats to all you holders out there and everyone that added.
I think that was Piper Sandler that downgraded it. Jeffries upgraded today with PT of $155.

I know this is a trading thread, but I think every long portfolio should have a little of one of those or both, and a chip maker not named INTC. I have TSM, MU, QCOM, QRVO. It is going to be 3-4 years before INTC realizes anything from their current chip factory builds.

If you bought last Friday at $100 and got out at $130, that is a pretty good return for trading a quality, established name like AMD.
FTAG 2000
AG
BREwmaster said:

AG 2000' said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Ragoo said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Not omicron related, but certainly OSHA related.

Let's go Brandon
seasonal employees from the holidays?
thats baked into the +184k expectation. This big of a disappointment is something else. Jan 4 OSHA deadline looms huge as the culprit. Especially with the Supreme Courts idiotic decision not to stay the implementation for weeks.

The OSHA mandate sure looks to be the culprit.
The Brandon admin withdrew the mandate after the supreme court blocked the mandate. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you guys are saying.
Lots of companies had already mandated it.

You also had healthcare workers and the Feds who were not exempted even by the SC ruling on the OSHA rule.

Cloud
I was going to donate to OA's latest, but the image used on the fund page is a stock image of a pregnant lady...

https://gogetfunding.com/baby-due-any-day-now-by-caesarean-delivery-surgical-procedure-we-have-no-medical-insurance-and-need-your-help/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maternity_clothing

What gives? Did OA get duped
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Spoony Love said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Bonfire1996 said:

I'm a long term holder of PYPL and will certainly be averaging in over the next few weeks.
Are you aware of the Apple news of turning their phones into paying terminals without hardware updates? Directly goes after PYPL and SQ. News released last week. Just FYI.
Why wouldn't AAPL just offer to buy PYPL? I realize it's a lot of cash but it would seem the tech is already there to push to devices with a support structure to run the processes.
Supposedly "Apple Culture" is what holds Apple back from buying company's. Largest outside acquisition to date is Beats at $3.0 billion. Apple wants their people "cradle to grave" building their business. It's a good approach if your company can keep up with a changing world, most can't. Apple will eventually break down and buy a large acquisition.
Dan Scott
AG
market feels like it's going to puke. GOOG giving back a lot, small cap is down, Bitcoin down.
Dan Scott
AG
SPY rejected the opening range again. 455 was also the level that once broken cratered the market. Important level here.
FTAG 2000
AG
We seem destined to go down to test that 4520 level from Mancini.
Brewmaster
AG
Dan Scott said:

market feels like it's going to puke. GOOG giving back a lot, small cap is down, Bitcoin down.
puke and rescue my QQQ puts, lol. I didn't expect any less though with that huge run up overnight into resistance.
Spoony Love
AG
SPY gapped overnight and I think we see it fill today. The GOOGL rush was nice and all but at face value, the split is just a split and no increase in intrinsic value in the end. Jobs number bad, troops headed to Europe, remaining supply chain issues, clueless admin in DC, etc. This market is still top heavy in my estimation.

ETA: just tested the ORL and I'm guessing we will break through in a little bit.
wanderer
Spoony Love said:

The GOOGL rush was nice and all but at face value, the split is just a split and no increase in intrinsic value in the end. Jobs number bad, troops headed to Europe, remaining supply chain issues, clueless admin in DC, etc. This market is still top heavy in my estimation.
I bet you're fun at parties.
Spoony Love
AG
wanderer said:

Spoony Love said:

The GOOGL rush was nice and all but at face value, the split is just a split and no increase in intrinsic value in the end. Jobs number bad, troops headed to Europe, remaining supply chain issues, clueless admin in DC, etc. This market is still top heavy in my estimation.
I bet you're fun at parties.
I don't go to parties
Dan Scott
AG
Spoony Love said:

SPY gapped overnight and I think we see it fill today. The GOOGL rush was nice and all but at face value, the split is just a split and no increase in intrinsic value in the end. Jobs number bad, troops headed to Europe, remaining supply chain issues, clueless admin in DC, etc. This market is still top heavy in my estimation.

ETA: just tested the ORL and I'm guessing we will break through in a little bit.
I agree. I think after AMD reported awesome earnings yesterday it shouldn't come down as much as it has from it's gap open. There is still fear.
BrokeAssAggie
Qs need to hold $366 or we take a dump.
Spoony Love
AG
Dan Scott said:

Spoony Love said:

I agree. I think after AMD reported awesome earnings yesterday it shouldn't come down as much as it has from it's gap open. There is still fear.
Maybe we can start the Pity Party. Doom and gloom everyday. Our mascot could be Eeyore
McInnis 03
AG

Engine10
AG
At a bare minimum this huge (relatively) gap up for GOOG had to be brought back to Earth. idk if we close the whole thing but this action not that surprising, got stopped out @ 3K to keep the trade green. Will keep trying to re-enter
Dan Scott
AG
Effing CLOV gave it all back. POS
Irish 2.0
No gap on the QQQ now
agdaddy04
AG
Spoony Love said:

Don't a lot of splits run pretty high even though they don't create any intrinsic value?
Spoony Love
AG
I think that depends on the situation. GOOGL is a mega cap and anytime it feels like an increase in value, retail will jump on it. I considered getting in this morning as well but I think in the short term, it will cool off but ramp up as we get closer to split date.
BrokeAssAggie
First 70 minutes have been a slow grind down..
Bonfire1996
AG

Spoony Love said:

Bonfire1996 said:

I'm a long term holder of PYPL and will certainly be averaging in over the next few weeks.
Are you aware of the Apple news of turning their phones into paying terminals without hardware updates? Directly goes after PYPL and SQ. News released last week. Just FYI.
Why wouldn't AAPL just offer to buy PYPL? I realize it's a lot of cash but it would seem the tech is already there to push to devices with a support structure to run the processes.
Supposedly "Apple Culture" is what holds Apple back from buying company's. Largest outside acquisition to date is Beats at $3.0 billion. Apple wants their people "cradle to grave" building their business. It's a good approach if your company can keep up with a changing world, most can't. Apple will eventually break down and buy a large acquisition.

I've been begging a Sales Executive AAPL friend of mine for a year to get them the buy SONY. It's the most genius acquisition - up until Activision got bought buy MSFT.

Sony would give AAPL:
1. Massive content for AppleTV+
2. Gaming and hardware
3. Japanese talent
Dan Scott
AG
SPY filled gap and bounced $1

455 is key. The 100SMA is 455.65. SPY at least tried defending it last time before it collapsed.
Dan Scott
AG
Open rejected again and that time on the bounce, NVDA, GOOGL and AMD made lower highs.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
ProgN said:

https://twitter.com/untappedgrowth/status/1488882399647780871?s=20&t=B-15ZEScJ0OWY8qWqBtCFg

What do you make of this?
I read the montage. Here goes,..
1.) Fertilizer prices are more than double - all true. Some producers held off purchasing early needs thinking supplies would back up and prices would drop. Big mistake. (We booked early and are just under 2X cost from last year-2021. You can't cut back on fertilizer in Central TX and make a crop as the growing environment is not conducive to such a practice. Bite the bullet or you're out.) Likely see some Central TX producers go bk if corn prices do not increase heading toward harvest.
2.) Midwest - I live here - producers going heavy on soybean acres as it takes less fertilizer inputs. Planting seed/soybeans, it's true, very tight supplies. Bean prices are good. Producers will hedge a profit using Futures and Basis and live to fight another year. They'll be an abundance of beans at harvest this year...good for renewable fuel huh?...while we move to EV's.. As for U.S. corn acres, they'll be reduced SOMEWHAT. Takes fertilizer to make big corn yields, but the growing environment here in the Midwest is extremely resilient and forgiving - always make a big crop here. Producers here that normally shoot for 300 bu/ac corn know it's not in the cards this year and they know how to calibrate backwards with precision - turn back the fertilizer/save money - and still harvest 150 bu/ac in a profitable manner. So, overall U.S. corn acres will be reduced somewhat leading analysts to believe corn yield numbers will be there at harvest like every year, BUT the real impact will be the dialing back of fertilizer, planting a corn crop and accepting a reduced yield. We don't have that luxury in Cnetral TX. And, the "planned" yield reduction can hurt a producer up here in ways it doesn't affect a producer in KS, OK, TX, so this is a real planned effort by the producer to be able to stay in the game another year - get through 2022 and survive to be standing in 2023. Mid-West decisions have already been made, supplies booked, and money spent. ....... We'll be planting in Central TX in 45 days - all corn at family estate. Freeze-line will be at 2.5 to 3 feet where I live.
3.) Winston-Salem, I didn't see/read how old that article was. I have contacts there. I will call and follow up to this post to see what is taking place.
4.) I think I covered all points. If I missed something - call me out.

Wheat is more the grain to keep your eye on as a consumer. Corn goes into all other facets and is important too, but wheat is bread and when flour gets expensive, there's no substitute.

Remember this easy phrase - "You can always feed wheat, but you can't convince people to eat cornbread." ~ Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

Translation, an over supply of wheat can be fed to the animal population for consumption when people aren't consuming enough; however, a shortage of wheat and you got real problems.
BrokeAssAggie
ProgN

ProgN said:

https://twitter.com/untappedgrowth/status/1488882399647780871?s=20&t=B-15ZEScJ0OWY8qWqBtCFg

What do you make of this?
I read the montage. Here goes,..
1.) Fertilizer prices are more than double - all true. Some producers held off purchasing early needs thinking supplies would back up and prices would drop. Big mistake. (We booked early and are just under 2X cost from last year-2021. You can't cut back on fertilizer in Central TX and make a crop as the growing environment is not conducive to such a practice. Bite the bullet or you're out.) Likely see some Central TX producers go bk if corn prices do not increase heading toward harvest.
2.) Midwest - I live here - producers going heavy on soybean acres as it takes less fertilizer inputs. Planting seed/soybeans, it's true, very tight supplies. Bean prices are good. Producers will hedge a profit using Futures and Basis and live to fight another year. They'll be an abundance of beans at harvest this year...good for renewable fuel huh?...while we move to EV's.. As for U.S. corn acres, they'll be reduced SOMEWHAT. Takes fertilizer to make big corn yields, but the growing environment here in the Midwest is extremely resilient and forgiving - always make a big crop here. Producers here that normally shoot for 300 bu/ac corn know it's not in the cards this year and they know how to calibrate backwards with precision - turn back the fertilizer/save money - and still harvest 150 bu/ac in a profitable manner. So, overall U.S. corn acres will be reduced somewhat leading analysts to believe corn yield numbers will be there at harvest like every year, BUT the real impact will be the dialing back of fertilizer, planting a corn crop and accepting a reduced yield. We don't have that luxury in Cnetral TX. And, the "planned" yield reduction can hurt a producer up here in ways it doesn't affect a producer in KS, OK, TX, so this is a real planned effort by the producer to be able to stay in the game another year - get through 2022 and survive to be standing in 2023. Mid-West decisions have already been made, supplies booked, and money spent. ....... We'll be planting in Central TX in 45 days - all corn at family estate. Freeze-line will be at 2.5 to 3 feet where I live.
3.) Winston-Salem, I didn't see/read how old that article was. I have contacts there. I will call and follow up to this post to see what is taking place.
4.) I think I covered all points. If I missed something - call me out.

Wheat is more the grain to keep your eye on as a consumer. Corn goes into all other facets and is important too, but wheat is bread and when flour gets expensive, there's no substitute.

Remember this easy phrase - "You can always feed wheat, but you can't convince people to eat cornbread." ~ Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

Translation, an over supply of wheat can be fed to the animal population for consumption when people aren't consuming enough; however, a shortage of wheat and you got real problems.
This is the type of stuff that makes this board the absolute best on TA! Thanks
Brewmaster
AG
if this trend holds on VIX, hold onto your butts and your puts. Q's dumping to new lows as I type this.

Ranger222
AG
TSLA weekly 900 P being bought
BrokeAssAggie
yep the next 5 to 10 minutes will give us indication which way we go today
Brewmaster
AG
long SARK

huge bear bets on TSLA here
Ranger222
AG
BREwmaster said:

long SARK

huge bear bets on TSLA here

great minds....also long here at 46
Talon2DSO
AG
Tesla 750p real cheap. Won't drop that low but it should move the needle a bit for a low entry. I'm just looking for green.
Dan Scott
AG
NVDA so weak
Ranger222
AG
watch for TSLA check back of 904-905 to enter
First Page Last Page
Page 4962 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.