Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,994,828 Views | 224168 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

oldarmy1 said:

Joseph Parrish said:

gougler08 said:

Also, did SN finally find its bottom at 2.40?
That's about where I bought more shares.

Now Joseph. Did you sell a chunk at $2.90.

Joseph and I chatted when it hit $2.40 and he bought a wad there. My input was to buy it there and sell it at $2.90.

These are additional shares not his core. At any rate 50 cents on $2.40 in 4 days is heavenly gift level success.
Yeah, it definitely helped the hit from the free fall earlier.
So you sold? $2.90 was the mark and dead-eyed it. Be gone with them!
Joseph Parrish
AG
Yessir. I still need the rest to claw back, but it's nice taking a profit.
oldarmy1
AG
gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Trying to sell $17 EXEL naked Puts at $0.45. Checked 10 for temperature interest down to 42 cents and got filled. Want $0.45 but need it to lose $18 on early market negativity.
I went ahead and bought a $21 EXEL call for Oct 19th for $0.45
So let's look at our most recent posted entry, EXEL. Been watching this one for some time. First chart is macro view so we can see that it topped out with a huge volume spike that failed. When you see that huge long line above a candle hitting new highs that is called a "Dead Man Hanging" in laymans terms.

It was followed by that god awful shelf formation I placed a red-lined above. Get out of stocks with this pattern. Note that I placed an "X" where it crossed over its 200 day MA. Another death blow short term, and you will note how fast it dropped on that break (another shortable/Put option trading opportunity). It had a massive day on positive earnings but could not break out even above short term resistance. Not good.

So it sunk back all the way to its pre-trend up support around $18.

Now here is what it looked like going into today. You have to tails previous two days which signal buying interest. Note the huge volume 2 days ago and still it held and shot back up. You also had a high low tail yesterday signaling whoever is the biggest buyer moved their bid up and absorbed all selling. People eventually figured that little tactic out and it moved upward creating its first green candle.

While not 100% unless it moves on upward and gains momentum I chose to sell $17 Puts with a strong buyer showing their intentions plus these levels being long term support. I also entered shares and will sell 50% at $19 holding the remainder until we see if it can move back up into the clutter $20-23.

If this stock is positive after first 30 minutes be in it.

oldarmy1
AG
Joseph Parrish said:

Yessir. I still need the rest to claw back, but it's nice taking a profit.
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

INVE chart looks great. Trending towards another break out once $6.40 pops. Identiv tracking technology could get adopted by schools for tracking anything or anyone.

If it does it will spike to $15. I took a smaller position when first posted at $5.50. Just added to it.

Text book Flag pattern. Note the volume interest pushing this.

Another thing we've studied on here multiple times is the "shake" move. Frankly, big money doesn't like you getting free rides. They need people pushing shares higher more than letting them do all the work. You will recall the tactic of spike down action before a stock breaks to the upside. INVE had a great case of that (DBX did as well if you recall and as I posted it happening in real time).

See it previous to the last trend upward? They want the weak non-students of investing out. Frankly its pretty easy and works on a ton of traders, but mainly clears out the day traders.

gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

gougler08 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Trying to sell $17 EXEL naked Puts at $0.45. Checked 10 for temperature interest down to 42 cents and got filled. Want $0.45 but need it to lose $18 on early market negativity.
I went ahead and bought a $21 EXEL call for Oct 19th for $0.45
So let's look at our most recent posted entry, EXEL. Been watching this one for some time. First chart is macro view so we can see that it topped out with a huge volume spike that failed. When you see that huge long line above a candle hitting new highs that is called a "Dead Man Hanging" in laymans terms.

It was followed by that god awful shelf formation I placed a red-lined above. Get out of stocks with this pattern. Note that I placed an "X" where it crossed over its 200 day MA. Another death blow short term, and you will note how fast it dropped on that break (another shortable/Put option trading opportunity). It had a massive day on positive earnings but could not break out even above short term resistance. Not good.

So it sunk back all the way to its pre-trend up support around $18.

Now here is what it looked like going into today. You have to tails previous two days which signal buying interest. Note the huge volume 2 days ago and still it held and shot back up. You also had a high low tail yesterday signaling whoever is the biggest buyer moved their bid up and absorbed all selling. People eventually figured that little tactic out and it moved upward creating its first green candle.

While not 100% unless it moves on upward and gains momentum I chose to sell $17 Puts with a strong buyer showing their intentions plus these levels being long term support. I also entered shares and will sell 50% at $19 holding the remainder until we see if it can move back up into the clutter $20-23.

If this stock is positive after first 30 minutes be in it.

Great insight as always, but a lot more words than my strategy of...follow what OA says
tailgatetimer10
AG
I do know they've been receiving stock downgrades from fear of Fabs expecting slowing capex. Everyone is being cautioned from the run we've had and being careful where they put their money
gougler08
AG
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

INVE chart looks great. Trending towards another break out once $6.40 pops. Identiv tracking technology could get adopted by schools for tracking anything or anyone.

If it does it will spike to $15. I took a smaller position when first posted at $5.50. Just added to it.

Text book Flag pattern. Note the volume interest pushing this.

Another thing we've studied on here multiple times is the "shake" move. Frankly, big money doesn't like you getting free rides. They need people pushing shares higher more than letting them do all the work. You will recall the tactic of spike down action before a stock breaks to the upside. INVE had a great case of that (DBX did as well if you recall and as I posted it happening in real time).

See it previous to the last trend upward? They want the weak non-students of investing out. Frankly its pretty easy and works on a ton of traders, but mainly clears out the day traders.

7.5 calls are cheap right now for Sept 21 ($0.25) or Oct 19 ($0.30)...seems like these are pretty low risk based on that chart and expected pop off the flag pattern (assuming I'm just looking to close it out once it pops and take the premium)?
gougler08
AG
NFLX through yesterdays 346 resistance line in premarket trading
leoj
AG
Baba with a nice beat
leoj
AG
Amd is just a rocket at this point. Up 67% in the last 3 months
gougler08
AG
Not cooperating so far
IrishTxAggie
AG
Huge insider buys on AVEO again.
gougler08
AG
TWTR trying to break that 34.15-34.20 resistance again this morning, failing so far
Señor Chang
AG
RRTS down another 5% today. Have a limit order in for $1.50
Ragoo
AG
Roku needs to keep bouncing off of $60 for another week.
AggiePeeps06
AG
How are you playing it?
Ragoo
AG
AggiePeeps06 said:

How are you playing it?
ive sold calls at $62 strike. It has moved over 60 intraday several times but always comes back.
59 South
AG
I'm waiting for a daily volume spike >1M with a hammer. Then going in hard. Look at 5/29-6/1 action. Repeat would have it back up to $2 in no time. Seems way oversold for no reason to me but that's the markets.
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

TWTR trying to break that 34.15-34.20 resistance again this morning, failing so far
Got out and moving up
gougler08
AG
JD down 2% and falling today
ProgN
All indexes going negative now.
Ranger222
AG
ugh got suckered into the action this morning. Saw a lot of breakouts that are now fading.
gougler08
AG
Ranger222 said:

ugh got suckered into the action this morning. Saw a lot of breakouts that are now fading.
Here for TWTR
59 South
AG
Uptick in volume off 1.50.
gougler08
AG
JD heading for that $31 resistance line again
Ragoo
AG
Ragoo said:

AggiePeeps06 said:

How are you playing it?
ive sold calls at $62 strike. It has moved over 60 intraday several times but always comes back.
and just like that the sell off across the market bring it down 5%
gougler08
AG
Well today went from exciting to blah in a flash
ProgN
ROKU broke out to a new high, so there's that.
ProgN
I also wouldn't be surprised with a sell off into the close. Profit taking, Pecker getting immunity and China negotiations. Too much uncertainty to stay fully invested.
ProgN
WTG CNBC, BABA actually missed earnings estimates. That could be the reason JD is down.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

WTG CNBC, BABA actually missed earnings estimates. That could be the reason JD is down.

JD will only worry me if/when it falls below that 31 resistance...which it may try tomorrow
ProgN
Are you trading or investing?
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Are you trading or investing?

Both, got a call out there for the hopeful bounce off major resistance and then I'm long (just bought more yesterday) to lower the cost base
ProgN
Short term trading will be difficult to take but investment is loading the gun. China and the US are back to talking on trade balance. This WILL be resolved because it is hurting China considerably. When it does, both markets will explode and JD should payoff really nice for you. Following politics, I wouldn't be surprised if this trade war with China is resolved in October prior to the midterms. Trump will be able to campaign on a record stock market and 401Ks for R's.
First Page Last Page
Page 201 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.