Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,100,212 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 46 sec ago by jagvocate
claym711
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Must be massive hedging in VIX. Market behavior for past couple of weeks does not reflect historic market behavior at VIX >35.
thirdcoast
AG
zag213004
AG
Timing this aapl call bought yesterday. Do you suggest closing at opening Bell or letting it play out through the day. Part of me thinks it will trends down to fill the gap but I'm a newbie at this so what do I know?
Talon2DSO
AG
What are you seeing with SPY?
oldarmy1
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Timing this aapl call bought yesterday. Do you suggest closing at opening Bell or letting it play out through the day. Part of me thinks it will trends down to fill the gap but I'm a newbie at this so what do I know?

It has the look of an engulfing candle meaning at least a short term reversal upward. $10-15 likely. $275 Calls will be in the money probably in first 30 minutes, so do as you will.

IrishTxAggie
AG
He's trying to scare people into dumping. I think he is holding USO $1.5P for 5/15
DripAG08
AG
thirdcoast said:

Not disagreeing with him, but he also Tweeted about buying Whiting a few months back....
McInnis 03
AG
There was a large amount of USO $2c buying yesterday from what I recall.
jamaggie06
AG
claym711 said:

Must be massive hedging in VIX. Market behavior for past couple of weeks does not reflect historic market behavior at VIX >35.

For those that don't know, the VIX is not a measure of actual market movement or volatility. The VIX is calculated from options prices on SPX (it is the 30-day implied volatility).

http://www.cboe.com/products/vix-index-volatility/vix-options-and-futures/vix-index/vix-faqs#2

Hence, the VIX reflects the markets expectations, and not what the market actually does.
zag213004
AG
Thanks for the insight. I really appreciate it!
ProgN
Carlo4
AG
Pretty sizable move up pre-market last hour. Any news for this other than the bailout package from yesterday? Marketwatch is saying it's because of Delta and AT&T earnings, which I don't buy.
ProgN
DFS chart looks locked, cocked and ready to rock. If earnings aren't abysmal this afternoon, then it looks like it will explode past 40. JMO
Carlo4
AG
Prognightmare said:

DFS chart looks locked, cocked and ready to rock. If earnings aren't abysmal this afternoon, then it looks like it will explode past 40. JMO
Please keep sharing your opinions.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I was going to trim some of my weeklies today but on that note I'll hodl!
McInnis 03
AG
Prognightmare said:

FYI, DFS's website says they have an earnings call tomorrow, do we know for sure when the release? TDA blew it and said it was this morning.
Exsurge Domine
It looks like my OIL calls I bought for .50 are now $2.57? Maybe I do like cheddarflow
Exsurge Domine
thirdcoast said:

He posts constantly every day, mainly weird OTM lottos, he's very quick to post when they explode (which they do) but crickets when he is wrong. I blame him for most of my loss. He had me convinced that USO was going to zero shortly after the bell opened yesterday so I set all my holdings to "sell market" and got torched.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

It looks like my OIL calls I bought for .50 are now $2.57? Maybe I do like cheddarflow
I think there's a stupid high ask on the option and you're getting a bad number
ProgN
They report after the close today.
Touchless
AG
SPY $278C expiring today. How would you play that? Looks to open in the money, but no clue if it will continue to rise or drop quick.
Exsurge Domine
IrishTxAggie said:

Exsurge Domine said:

I think there's a stupid high ask on the option and you're getting a bad number

That would make more sense
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

FYI, DFS's website says they have an earnings call tomorrow, do we know for sure when the release? TDA blew it and said it was this morning.
Download the CNBC app and create a watch list with the stocks you're trading or interested in trading. A yellow/orange tag appears under your symbol saying "earnings" if your stock reports that day.
thirdcoast
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

He's trying to scare people into dumping. I think he is holding USO $1.5P for 5/15

Yeah, I can't help but think a lot of these Twitter wall st guys with big followings are enhancing their positions, especially on small caps.

Legitimately doing what some have accused OA and other "whales" here of doing. I'm certain the ags here are genuine as they post trades and have proven themselves reputable.
khaos288
AG
zwhag2010 said:

I let mine go for a quick for hundred. I just don't trust this market for anything
E
AG
Prognightmare said:

What DFS calls would you eye?
McInnis 03
AG
The amount of adjusting on this SNAP 14c stop is FUN

Thanks Irish/Cheddar.
ProgN
I bought the $36.5 yesterday
E
AG
weeklies?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The amount of adjusting on this SNAP 14c stop is FUN

Thanks Irish/Cheddar.
Game over, net gain of 30% on the strangle.
ProgN
I went with the 5/15 @ $2.50 yesterday
oldarmy1
AG
Need $59 on INTC and shorts will accelerate covering upwards.
oldarmy1
AG
Touchless said:

SPY $278C expiring today. How would you play that? Looks to open in the money, but no clue if it will continue to rise or drop quick.
Go $0.38 $282 calls on the cheap for breakout potential. $38/call for potential $200 per call ROI

Corrected for current price
McInnis 03
AG
Serious question......if Netflix is on a reversal, the model T would say $375 is the goto......how do we figure out if we get a reversal?

They've had a month and a half of pure homebodies and they've gotten 2.1MM subscriber additions. Are they maxed out? (stolen question from twitter)
zag213004
AG
Just sold my call for 51% profit... I'm happy about that.

Thanks oldarmy for the tip!
First Page Last Page
Page 1367 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.