Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,119,599 Views | 224619 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by oldarmy1
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Also, I invested in OIL today, and have $3 calls for Jan 2022..... I know the price of oil sucked today but I bought them for .5 near the bottom today and they've already sunk to .15....how is that possible? The stock opened at $3.73 today, I'd be in the money if just retraces to what it was this morning in the next over 1.5 years.

Ah, just read the news. Im screwed

Could also be a large bid/ask spread. Gotta watch that on lower value stocks
Ragoo
AG
I am holding 300 shares of roku in my trading account. Stock Down 6% today but only showing 1.5% loss.

Because I have covered calls that protect the underlying and I flipped puts on the move down then calls on the move back up.
ProgN
With ROKU's pre-announcement, I expect them to blow through earnings. I wish I knew what qtr it will be when they start announcing penetration into India and China. I know they're working on it but that announcement will cause a huge jump in the stock. I wouldn't want to be short on that day.
Exsurge Domine
gougler08 said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Also, I invested in OIL today, and have $3 calls for Jan 2022..... I know the price of oil sucked today but I bought them for .5 near the bottom today and they've already sunk to .15....how is that possible? The stock opened at $3.73 today, I'd be in the money if just retraces to what it was this morning in the next over 1.5 years.

Doesn't make sense, I literally dove in after seeing like 20 "unusual activity" repeated calls on cheddar flow at the $3 strike Jan 2022 call. You figure one of those big smart money movers had to have a clue
khaos288
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

gougler08 said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Doesn't make sense, I literally dove in after seeing like 20 "unusual activity" repeated calls on cheddar flow at the $3 strike Jan 2022 call. You figure one of those big smart money movers had to have a clue
Problem is a lot of folks hedging/purely speculating
McInnis 03
AG
Starting to wonder if Amzn, like nflx today, doesn't go nuts after earnings due to excessive build-up already.......
CSTXAg92
AG
oldarmy1 said:

If you like trading only volume in smallcaps seeking a move then look at SHIP. Some crazy notions of holding oil is all I could find but the volume is too big to ignore. Over 300M shares last 3 days versus less than 5m average.
Thanks OA1. Going to get into this one tomorrow. Are you in it?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I bought BRKB $200 C 4/24 for $0.08 today. Probably should have just picked up some scratch offs but they were so cheap. Hoping for any bit of a run tomorrow morning.
Fitch
AG
For anyone wanting to read up on what riley290 has been up to.... https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3108186/replies/56421376

Good post from 3/16/20...$ZG

Gig'Em & God Bless, Riley.
Exsurge Domine
Fitch said:

For anyone wanting to read up on what riley290 has been up to.... https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3108186/replies/56421376

A real man's man that guy. I hope I have the chance to play golf with him and buy him a beer one day.
thirdcoast
AG
He sounds bullish on Remdesivir $GILD
Exsurge Domine
Helmerich and Payne was up 5% today. Literally how.
McInnis 03
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Fitch said:

A real man's man that guy. I hope I have the chance to play golf with him and buy him a beer one day.

He's a special type.

Cheers to Riley.
McInnis 03
AG
thirdcoast said:

He sounds bullish on Remdesivir $GILD

And Roche. Toci stops death.
12thMan86
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

So I lost 17k today. Back to barely profiting (was up 20k now up 3) What a wild ride this is. Got burned by an AMD stock that I followed the money on, and a Comerica bank stock I bought puts on, awoke to terrible earnings, and then promptly went up 3%. A lot of my loss was in a long JPM Jan 15 call that is deep in the money that I feel pretty good about long term. Still quite a shock for today.
I've been following you since you told me you were learning on the fly. Damn this is hard enough if you know what you are doing, so the fact you are still up a little is impressive! Be more selective about your entry's. Don't chase anything that's above the 8 ema and try to find underlying that are squeezing (Bolinger bands inside keltner channels- or consolidating). I found I became much more successful when I only followed this set up.
GreasenUSA
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

oldarmy1 said:

If you like trading only volume in smallcaps seeking a move then look at SHIP. Some crazy notions of holding oil is all I could find but the volume is too big to ignore. Over 300M shares last 3 days versus less than 5m average.
Thanks OA1. Going to get into this one tomorrow. Are you in it?
SHIP is a huge turd. They dump shares into every pop. Check the chart over the last few years. Look what happens after every single high volume day.
Exsurge Domine
12thMan86 said:

Exsurge Domine said:

So I lost 17k today. Back to barely profiting (was up 20k now up 3) What a wild ride this is. Got burned by an AMD stock that I followed the money on, and a Comerica bank stock I bought puts on, awoke to terrible earnings, and then promptly went up 3%. A lot of my loss was in a long JPM Jan 15 call that is deep in the money that I feel pretty good about long term. Still quite a shock for today.
I've been following you since you told me you were learning on the fly. Damn this is hard enough if you know what you are doing, so the fact you are still up a little is impressive! Be more selective about your entry's. Don't chase anything that's above the 8 ema and try to find underlying that are squeezing (Bolinger bands inside keltner channels- or consolidating). I found I became much more successful when I only followed this set up.

Apparently it's easy to be a great trader when you start learning at the beginning of a massive upswing. I hit about 5-6 trades out of the park, and then lost on the other ones but the hits were large.

My problems can be traced to a dude named willmeade and cheddarflow. Meade posts a ton of "wow, ZM puts going for 30 cents blah blah blah" and will update later with "man this would have been a double in minutes". I've been following him but realized he strikes out more than he hits homers.

After seeing the GILD and BA inside action info on Cheddarflow and not pulling the trigger I've been chasing every large "unusual activity" trade, thinking it's the next insider move. Unfortunately that led me into dumping a bunch of money into USO, Oil, AMD, BCRX and others.

I'm also playing too many stocks. I have positions in like 20 options, that I'm trying to monitor while running a company during a fairly stressful time.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG

Does this have anything to do with those 6/19 $205c on FB? Surely so, right?
riley290
AG
I hate all of you guys right now trading on this volatility while I don't even have time to pop open my phone and check futures anymore. I'll be back in the game in a few months losing money with the pros but until then everyone stay safe.

Thanks for all the love, may the VIX be with you
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Exsurge Domine
riley290 said:

I hate all of you guys right now trading on this volatility while I don't even have time to pop open my phone and check futures anymore. I'll be back in the game in a few months losing money with the pros but until then everyone stay safe.

You're the board mascot, stay safe. And I meant what I said about golf
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
Godspeed, brother! Get your ass back into this ****show as soon as you can.
McInnis 03
AG
riley290 said:

Hey hero. Thanks for stopping by. We are all in awe of you, if you ever need to vent please reach out.
spud1910
AG
riley290 said:

If you change your mind about the PPE, let me know. In a few months, the perch should be biting good.
Fitch
AG
God speed sir. Thank you for what you're doing.

Cheers to cold beers in future years.
Touchless
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

Well if you still have your JPM calls, then I wouldn't consider it a loss yet. The market value on your account may have gone down today, but it's not a loss until you close the position. Hope it turns back the other way for you. I could use a little luck on my side as well.
Mr President Elect
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

Does this have anything to do with those 6/19 $205c on FB? Surely so, right?

I sure hope so
oldarmy1
AG
AAPL up $4.61. It's a start.
oldarmy1
AG
FB up $5.45. Good start there as well.
INTC up $1.33
Net up $1. Wouldn't be surprised to see a trap breakout after a outside both up and down side volatile chart yesterday.

Everything's coming up roses early on.
McInnis 03
AG
Tsla down. I need one healthy selloff for this lotto. Come on! Don't you people take profit!?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I have a buddy that bought a bunch of TSLA at IPO and is still holding all of it. When it ran up to 900 I texted him and asked if he was dumping it, he said nope. I have asked him and his wife why they don't sell calls on it (she was a finance major) and they say it's not worth the trouble. So they are just holding...not sure why. I think TSLA has near AAPL-level cultish devotion
oldarmy1
AG
NRD09 said:

I have a buddy that bought a bunch of TSLA at IPO and is still holding all of it. When it ran up to 900 I texted him and asked if he was dumping it, he said nope. I have asked him and his wife why they don't sell calls on it (she was a finance major) and they say it's not worth the trouble. So they are just holding...not sure why. I think TSLA has near AAPL-level cultish devotion

Not worth the trouble to make 20-100% on the most volatile stock on Wall Street? Interesting.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
yep, blows me away
Exsurge Domine
Touchless said:

Exsurge Domine said:

Well if you still have your JPM calls, then I wouldn't consider it a loss yet. The market value on your account may have gone down today, but it's not a loss until you close the position. Hope it turns back the other way for you. I could use a little luck on my side as well.

Yep, and that's a large portion of my day trading money. I bought about $20k of Jan 15 2021 90c for about $15 bucks. I saw a bunch of insider buying at $87 and $88 which has been the recent low and have been buying more when the prices reach that level to lower my average cost. So I think I'll be okay, just need to smarten up going forward
jj9000
AG
Looks like Futures bounced off of 271x and 272x (3) times overnight.

Oil still at 11.xx for June.

Fed pump is winding down volume wise.

Going to be an interesting day.
Talon2DSO
AG
Damn it. I have SPY 272p expiring today
First Page Last Page
Page 1366 of 6418

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.