Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

21,986,567 Views | 224142 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by AgEng06
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

McInnis 03 said:

but, but, BUT....275 votes!!!

Whoops...
IT could lose this in the AH, not as much movement as was thought.
gougler08
AG
+11% right now, but yes, definitely could fall back down
McInnis 03
AG
gougler08 said:

+11% right now, but yes, definitely could fall back down
Well, at bare minimum I'm glad Cheddar pushed me into the call
Grown Pear
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

SNAP up over 20%, past $15 now!

That saying about people not afraid of going to jail must be true LOL
YNWA_AG
AG
Glad I followed as well. That guy wasn't uncertain
ProgN
Hey Irish, I waited until after the market closed. Rush had a caller today saying that they, and many other people, are going to have to slaughter thousands of hogs and burn them because the meat plants are shutdown. How prolific is this going on in pork, beef and poultry?

TIA
Carlo4
AG
Says open on Wednesday. You never know... but it is up 19%
IrishTxAggie
AG
Some of Rush's callers are no better than Alex Jones dumbass disciples and that caller was full of ***** Prices have gone to ****, but hogs can easily be stunted through dietary restrictions until you're ready for processing. Same for poultry. Just costs a ****load
McInnis 03
AG
COVID, don't you dare **** with my sausage or bacon mutha****er.
McInnis 03
AG
NFLX already gave back everything on the news.
Rice and Fries
UBER's bookings are down 85% compared to last year....

LYFT is pulling guidance.
Touchless
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

If you're holding NFLX calls or shares, you gonna get paid...

What do you think the odds are of subs going down once people go back to work and have less time to spend on it as well as all the people that are just doing the first month free trial subs?
ProgN
IrishTxAggie said:

Some of Rush's callers are no better than Alex Jones dumbass disciples and that caller was full of ***** Prices have gone to ****, but hogs can easily be stunted through dietary restrictions until you're ready for processing. Same for poultry. Just costs a ****load

Knew you'd know. Thanks
ProgN
An absolute certainty.
ProgN
IrishTxAggie
AG
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

Tumble is a bit of a stretch...down 2% in AH trading
ProgN
That's why I didn't use an emoji. It was a exaggerated headline for clicks.
Grown Pear
AG
McInnis 03 said:

My goodness. It's now down AH
GreasenUSA
AG
Grown Pear said:

McInnis 03 said:

My goodness. It's now down AH
They missed earnings.
basketball13
AG
Fairly new investor and a definite newbie to options. I have been reading to learn about options along with following this thread. Just looking around AH at UAL call options and would like someone to explain this for me. UAL call options for 5/1 currently are $30c for .01, $31c for $1.30, $32c for 0.80, etc. If you wanted to choose a call option, why would you not buy more contracts of the $30c as opposed to the $31c, $32c, etc? Still trying to learn but those prices don't make sense to me.
CSTXAg92
AG
YNWA_AG said:

Thank you for posting. I LOLd.
gig em 02
basketball13 said:

Fairly new investor and a definite newbie to options. I have been reading to learn about options along with following this thread. Just looking around AH at UAL call options and would like someone to explain this for me. UAL call options for 5/1 currently are $30c for .01, $31c for $1.30, $32c for 0.80, etc. If you wanted to choose a call option, why would you not buy more contracts of the $30c as opposed to the $31c, $32c, etc? Still trying to learn but those prices don't make sense to me.

I think your numbers are backwards
Grown Pear
AG
Are you sure you're looking at the right dates for each of them? I'm seeing to buy the 5/1 calls it's:
$30 - 1.80
$31 - 1.50
$32 - 1.30
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
that's on robinhood, right? You can't buy that call for a penny (buck), it just has that as the price because there's no bids. Expand the option and look at the bid and ask prices and quantities. It'll show bid of 0.00 x 0 (that means nobody currently has a bid on that call), and and ask of 1.8 x something (looking at yahoo right now so not sure what the number is). So if you place a bid to buy that call at .01 it won't fill, if you place a bid at 1.8 it will until you eat up all the asks at that price, then the ask will go up to the next price that someone's got contracts for sale. You can also put in an order of something between the bid and the ask (you'll then see your order as the bid), and someone might see it and decide to sell them
IrishTxAggie
AG
1) Can't trade options outside of market hours
2) It's showing 0.01 because there are no bids
2) Those options will be cut in 1/2 in the morning
3) Do some paper trading before you put any $ in
basketball13
AG
That makes sense, just realized that when I went back to looking at the Robinhood app. Thanks, much appreciated!
CSTXAg92
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Prognightmare said:

Not selling my spy puts, not selling my spy puts, not selling my spy puts, I will not lose this time. I will NOT lose this time. I believe in myself.
I buckled this afternoon and sold my July 17 285Ps @ $26 and change. That was good for ~30%. Ordinarily I'd be ecstatic with that return. Problem is, I just *KNOW* in these unprecedented times $SPY *SHOULD* continue to drop before it bounces... I just don't trust that this irrationally exuberant market, so I probably left a lot on the table.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
irish stated it much more succinctly. Put an order in for .1 or something and rh will change the price to .85 (which still won't fill) and you'll see your bid as the bid side of the spread. If you have a portfolio of low volume garbage like me, you can also place sell orders in for like $15 on a contract you have that will likely expire worthless, and watch your portfolio value spike! Someone was doing this on cx 4/17 $5c the other day. I logged in and about had a heart attack, then I realized someone had placed a $5 sell order on their contracts and my account value was actually 10k less than it said it was
IrishTxAggie
AG
You'll get a chance to play them again next week or the week after...
Exsurge Domine
So I lost 17k today. Back to barely profiting (was up 20k now up 3) What a wild ride this is. Got burned by an AMD stock that I followed the money on, and a Comerica bank stock I bought puts on, awoke to terrible earnings, and then promptly went up 3%. A lot of my loss was in a long JPM Jan 15 call that is deep in the money that I feel pretty good about long term. Still quite a shock for today.
Grown Pear
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

So I lost 17k today. Back to barely profiting (was up 20k now up 3) What a wild ride this is. Got burned by an AMD stock that I followed the money on, and a Comerica bank stock I bought puts on, awoke to terrible earnings, and then promptly went up 3%. A lot of my loss was in a long JPM Jan 15 call that is deep in the money that I feel pretty good about long term. Still quite a shock for today.

Here.
Exsurge Domine
Also, I invested in OIL today, and have $3 calls for Jan 2022..... I know the price of oil sucked today but I bought them for .5 near the bottom today and they've already sunk to .15....how is that possible? The stock opened at $3.73 today, I'd be in the money if just retraces to what it was this morning in the next over 1.5 years.
Exsurge Domine
Exsurge Domine said:

Also, I invested in OIL today, and have $3 calls for Jan 2022..... I know the price of oil sucked today but I bought them for .5 near the bottom today and they've already sunk to .15....how is that possible? The stock opened at $3.73 today, I'd be in the money if just retraces to what it was this morning in the next over 1.5 years.

Ah, just read the news. Im screwed
BB675
AG
Your not the only one. I lost 7% of my net account value.
First Page Last Page
Page 1365 of 6405

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.