Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,104,343 Views | 224594 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by EnronAg
Harkrider 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree - it was interesting that he paints a case where it gets pretty ugly from here, but then says stay in.
Harkrider 93
AG
Something I read this morning that defined the bottom differently or maybe more specifically.

Rob Arnott said that the stock market bottom is usually when the rate of bad news that comes out slows down. By the time good news comes out, you already missed it.

Hopefully we have people that track this stuff.
ProgN
I'm a voracious reader of news and I look for how the market reacts with new stories coming out.
Hendrix
AG
Too much fear. I'm buying Disney today in the 80s. F it. The gov will step in with a massive money drop shortly.
jj9000
AG
Prognightmare said:

I'm a voracious reader of news and I look for how the market reacts with new stories coming out.

Thank You for volunteering to be this thread's Media Sentiment Consultant. We appreciate your dedication within your new role in the months forthcoming.
ProgN
ProgN
RSP715 said:

Too much fear. I'm buying Disney today in the 80s. F it. The gov will step in with a massive money drop shortly.
I'm targeting DIS calls for July with it below 90. I'll trade these though.
Harkrider 93
AG
Arnott did mention that. I may be off, but I think he called that nowcasting. What we read already happened and will be late. I still think it is easier than trying to guess at the rate of bad news slowing down.

Maybe combine the two and then let me know what your new crystal ball says so we can get rich!
moses1084ever
AG
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/u/unsponsoredadr.asp

Hendrix
AG
All A&M said:

moses1084ever said:

Bought a may crude put 26.5 strike @ 4.08... crude dipping into a 25 handle now
Wow, the cost of that put really does shine a light on the crude market. I saw a chart of crude since WWII and it showed the free-trade price in today's dollars as $20 before OPEC started price controls.
that should nuke the mid and small E&Ps unless really hedged. Super majors survive. Houston will be in shambles for a few years.
McInnis 03
AG
Is it cheaper to fill an F150 with gasoline than it is to charge a Tesla yet?
ProgN
RSP715 said:

All A&M said:

moses1084ever said:

Bought a may crude put 26.5 strike @ 4.08... crude dipping into a 25 handle now
Wow, the cost of that put really does shine a light on the crude market. I saw a chart of crude since WWII and it showed the free-trade price in today's dollars as $20 before OPEC started price controls.
that should nuke the mid and small E&Ps unless really hedged. Super majors survive. Houston will be in shambles for a few years.
Trump will bail them out. No way they don't get it because it's an election year and he needs Texas to remain a stronghold.
The Pilot
AG
Blue Apron (APRN) has been rocking up the last few days.
YNWA_AG
AG
I believes it is around $11 for 220 miles in Texas
MS08
AG
What say the crew about OXY? Seen a lot of talk and buzz regarding XOM and CVX yet OXY is quite cheap, but is it a falling knife? Would be hard for me to believe but they are getting hit very hard right now. I know the Anadarko deal had mixed reviews and they had to take on additional debt to make that happen along with Anadarko's existing debt. However, is this a time to scoop up a $50+ O&G stock even though it will still have some downward movement in the short term?
Boat Shoes
AG
PDEMDHC said:

And SPXS up 21% since market close yesterday
But the Mar 20 $21 call barely moved? What gives?
ProgN
ROKU went green
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Looking like today may be the day for another big bite of VTI around Dow 20,250 or possibly lower. Will check back in after lunch.
Exsurge Domine
YNWA_AG said:

I believes it is around $11 for 220 miles in Texas

So it's getting pretty damn close.
McInnis 03
AG
Boat Shoes said:

PDEMDHC said:

Theta Decay & IV. I closed that leg of my strangle. I'm going to wait and see what happens on the put side now and will give the final tally of the strangle as I managed it when I'm done with it.
gougler08
AG
237 holding again so far...big volume at the open to bounce above it
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Boat Shoes said:

PDEMDHC said:

Theta Decay & IV. I closed that leg of my strangle. I'm going to wait and see what happens on the put side now and will give the final tally of the strangle as I managed it when I'm done with it.
BTW, I moved WAYYYY too early on that. I guess the low activity gave me a false feeling and I cut bait too early. Now it's at $3.00
J_Landes89
AG
LADR $5

Crazy
Ridge14
Need to get down near circuit breaker levels for my personal gain
McInnis 03
AG
I see lots of mention of LADR. Someone want to give me a jist of what they do, I'm not familiar with them?
moses1084ever
AG
Bought FUJIF @ 54.00.
Carlo4
AG
I think it's mostly retail real estate. People are also noting their 27% dividend at these prices, although I'm sure that won't last.
gougler08
AG
Well made 20% on the strangle play...will probably just run it back before close today and maybe go +7/-7 today
khaos288
AG
Lot of buying since 237.
59 South
AG
AMZN green
WestTexAg12
AG
I think it's safe to say that I don't understand a damn thing going on with the markets. It literally does anything but what I think it's going to do. It's irrational.
"Give me an army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies, and I'll win the war.”
- General George S. Patton
Cromagnum
AG
LADR at 4.83
Dont know whether to pull trigger on some of this. I made bad decisions with travel stock and dont need another stinker.
leoj
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1131 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.