Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,101,093 Views | 224562 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by jagvocate
MOCO9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
buying more RDS today
CuriousAg
It's falling. dropped another .15 in the matter of 60 seconds you posted
J_Landes89
AG
I mean... wtf
Cromagnum
AG
CuriousAg said:

It's falling. dropped another .15 in the matter of 60 seconds you posted

Now 4.52
Hendrix
AG
MOCO9 said:

buying more RDS today
did the same.
Carlo4
AG
This might help some of us understand the REIT play.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4332393-covidminus-19-spreads-time-to-think-like-banker?mod=mw_quote_news

Touchless
AG
gougler08 said:

Well made 20% on the strangle play...will probably just run it back before close today and maybe go +7/-7 today
What premium are you getting these strangles at for SPY and at what spread? The current +7/-7 is 3.43 if I'm reading it right which essentially moves your spread to +10.43/-10.43, no? You'd be betting the price moves up or down by at least $10 before the end of the day?
Grown Pear
AG
PDEMDHC said:

I think it's mostly retail real estate. People are also noting their 27% dividend at these prices, although I'm sure that won't last.
Eesh I just looked it up. Not real estate. They do real estate FINANCING.

Hope y'all know what you're doing
J_Landes89
AG
Now $4.22 free falling
Carlo4
AG
Yeah that seeking alpha article i posted from yesterday still recommends a strong buy for LADR and ABR. What a difference a day makes.
Ernest Tucker
AG
leoj said:

Ok, we established worst case. Now I want to see.

only Korea and cruise ship numbers factored in

Account for better Practicing hygiene than we ever had

Account for social distancing (not from shutdowns just people generally not hugging and shaking hands anymore.

Now what would you get?
Hendrix
AG
a non event in the grand scheme.
Ernest Tucker
AG
RSP715 said:

They will call 2020 the year of the lemmings. Well... I hope.
leoj
AG
PDEMDHC said:

Yeah that seeking alpha article i posted from yesterday still recommends a strong buy for LADR and ABR. What a difference a day makes.

Brad Thomas only covers reits and his targets are usually buys. He has good info and insights into the sector, but just keep that in mind.
McInnis 03
AG
With the impending slowdown that's coming, even Riley290 said similar, you gotta think shorting the real estate stuff.......Zillow, perhaps this LADR deal?

If you LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE Ladder, sell Puts at the price you would love to buy it at.
Ernest Tucker
AG
brd79 said:

RSP715 said:

They will call 2020 the year of the lemmings. Well... I hope.

I'm quoting myself here, but I just saw that 2020 is the Chinese year of the Rat. A lemming is a rodent... whoah
Wrighty
AG
I dont think this event is "real" yet for most retail investors. Most investors are looking to buy dips still.

Layoffs are coming, and it will get very real at that point. I fully expect the market to drop significantly in the next few months as the big layoffs come and retail pulls money out or stops investing.

My company is working on layoff plans, just like so many companies are.
leoj
AG
McInnis 03 said:

With the impending slowdown that's coming, even Riley290 said similar, you gotta think shorting the real estate stuff.......Zillow, perhaps this LADR deal?

If you LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE Ladder, sell Puts at the price you would love to buy it at.

Zillow is in the business of trying to flip homes now and they weren't making money on it to begin with yet. Definitely up there on the short list during a recession.
McInnis 03
AG
A small snippet on LADR..

https://konekoresearch.com/2020/03/17/ladder-capital-well-positioned-for-a-distressed-market/
J_Landes89
AG
All red but FSLY for me.

Flipped quick!
Harkrider 93
AG
brd79 said:

leoj said:

Ok, we established worst case. Now I want to see.

only Korea and cruise ship numbers factored in

Account for better Practicing hygiene than we ever had

Account for social distancing (not from shutdowns just people generally not hugging and shaking hands anymore.

Now what would you get?
Below doesn't talk about what you are looking for, but it made sense to me.

https://www.hoover.org/research/coronavirus-isnt-pandemic?fbclid=IwAR0D34FaU9RAS91LEEouWxLRhUjP7RQllDXU7v4MqJc3a1SrHeLOmYQzN30
IrishTxAggie
AG
GM 1/15/21 $25C. $1.2MM $120/contract
BT1395
AG
LADR halted? I can't get a trade to go through...
tam2002
AG
Got some LADR at 3.80
IrishTxAggie
AG
LADR just got halted
Cromagnum
AG
WTI crude at 24.82
Brent crude at 28.95

Yeesh
gougler08
AG
Touchless said:

gougler08 said:

Well made 20% on the strangle play...will probably just run it back before close today and maybe go +7/-7 today
What premium are you getting these strangles at for SPY and at what spread? The current +7/-7 is 3.43 if I'm reading it right which essentially moves your spread to +10.43/-10.43, no? You'd be betting the price moves up or down by at least $10 before the end of the day?
For what I did yesterday, I spent $3.5 on the call and $5.5 on the put an hour and a half before close yesterday (+10/-10). I sold the put for $9.5 and the call for $1.40 today so in reality made 15% and not 20...that's why I'll probably tighten the range a bit today as we continue to have huge gaps at the open
Hendrix
AG
I've got a duplex in escrow that can't close quick enough. need those proceeds to put to work. If this dies off by summer, the economy will come roaring back. This too shall pass.
IrishTxAggie
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

LADR just got halted
Halt lifted
Harkrider 93
AG
Wrighty said:

I dont think this event is "real" yet for most retail investors. Most investors are looking to buy dips still.

Layoffs are coming, and it will get very real at that point. I fully expect the market to drop significantly in the next few months as the big layoffs come and retail pulls money out or stops investing.

My company is working on layoff plans, just like so many companies are.
I would counter a bit and say that at the earliest, beginning of April is when they see all of their financial statements (if they look).

Also, I don't hear anyone wanting to buy the dips anymore. I do hear people say they will buy when it goes a whole lot lower.

I have heard increase in people saying sell. I have also heard an increase of irrational things being said.

I work in the financial field. I don't know anything. I can't call the bottom. I do see increases and decreases on topics of calls throughout.
gougler08
AG
PTI having a nice 2 day run
moses1084ever
AG
23 handle on crude
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Taking a flyer on an Uber apr 17 16P
This worked much faster than I expected.
Touchless
AG
Ah, thanks. So instead of actually inputting as a strangle, you buy two separate options that effectively act as a strangle instead?
AgShaun00
AG
MGM down all the way to 7.52

I had a newsletter saying to buy it at 17.
First Page Last Page
Page 1132 of 6417

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.