*****UnOfficial Texas Rangers Post-2018 Off-Season Thread****

79,628 Views | 719 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Fuzzy Dunlop
Rossko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Huell Babineaux said:

Y'all have to follow his guy on Instagram. So funny
https://instagr.am/p/BvR29vsB6vd
He has some funny stuff.

Worth wading through.

If he made the Rangers, it might enough to make it fun. Not likely, though.

Imagine him and Holland.
He signed with the Rangers specifically so he could pitch in Nashville where his family lives since he was there so many years with the Brewers organization. He's the type of pitcher that can eat innings at AAA so the lower level arms can take their time progressing. I follow him on twitter though and he has some funny videos.
DannyDuberstein
AG
So Calhoun has gone AWOL. No, the hitting numbers weren't there this spring, but the word all spring was that he had seemed to embrace changes the organization wanted from him - losing weight, plate approach, etc. I don't think it's service time or anything other than they just don't see him having a future here.
DallasAg 94
Rossko said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Huell Babineaux said:

Y'all have to follow his guy on Instagram. So funny
https://instagr.am/p/BvR29vsB6vd
He has some funny stuff.

Worth wading through.

If he made the Rangers, it might enough to make it fun. Not likely, though.

Imagine him and Holland.
He signed with the Rangers specifically so he could pitch in Nashville where his family lives since he was there so many years with the Brewers organization. He's the type of pitcher that can eat innings at AAA so the lower level arms can take their time progressing. I follow him on twitter though and he has some funny videos.
I did not know that.

Nashville: "So, Texas, we have this new facility. Comes with our own RP and home-town comedian."

Pretty cool. gig.
DallasAg 94
DannyDuberstein said:

So Calhoun has gone AWOL. No, the hitting numbers weren't there this spring, but the word all spring was that he had seemed to embrace changes the organization wanted from him - losing weight, plate approach, etc. I don't think it's service time or anything other than they just don't see him having a future here.
I think this is a great interview on the situation:

KT 90
AG

KT 90
AG
So it's announced that Hammel makes the team, and then he... retires? Has to be more to the story.

KT 90
AG

Baby Billy
AG
I like those comments from Woodward. No sugar coating. Not everything gets handed to you just because you put in a lot of work in the off-season. It's frustrating from a fans prospective and I'm sure his as well
Baby Billy
AG
TwoTimeAg
AG
Any word on if there will be an A&M cap night?
KT 90
AG
FYI if you are interested: Rangers on FixSW right now, exhibition game against the Indians. Down 5-0 in the fifth.
DeangeloVickers
AG
No Beltre and Pence in blue is very weird
Mr Gigem
AG
TwoTimeAg said:

Any word on if there will be an A&M cap night?

Not yet
DallasAg 94
KT 90 said:

FYI if you are interested: Rangers on FixSW right now, exhibition game against the Indians. Down 5-0 in the fifth.

Caught some on radio... some on TV...
The Shank Ag
Elvis' Walk up music this season

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/baby-shark-elvis-andrus
DeangeloVickers
AG
_lefraud_
AG
aggieactor01
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Elvis' Walk up music this season

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/baby-shark-elvis-andrus
KT 90
AG
Quote:

Texas Rangers transactions: Kyle Dowdy has been claimed on waivers from the New York Mets, the team announced today. Dowdy was selected in the Rule 5 draft by the Mets from the Cleveland Indians, who acquired him from the Detroit Tigers in the middle of 2018 in the deal that sent Leonys Martin to Cleveland from Detroit for Willi Castro. Dowdy was a 12th round pick out of the University of Houston in 2015.
The 26 year old Dowdy was the subject of a write-up in Baseball America last month, with BA mentioning that Dowdy was showing a velocity jump up to 99 mph while working out the pen for the Mets this spring. Dowdy has been working primarily as a starting pitcher up to this point in his career, but presumably will break camp with the Rangers as the team's long man.
As a Rule 5 pick, the Rangers have to keep him on the major league roster all season, or else put him on waivers and offer him back to Cleveland.
With Dowdy being claimed, the 40 man roster now stands at 39.
Mr Gigem
AG
Switching to 2019 season thread
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I'm in. My daughter and I will be at the game Sunday afternoon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.