*****Official 2014-2015 Memphis Grizzlies Thread*****

171,968 Views | 1179 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Iowaggie
4stringAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You didn't miss anything worth seeing. ugly lackluster game and effort
Gigem Trevas
Finally. I was worried they may drop this one tonight. Game Memphis.

4stringAg
AG

Iowaggie
AG
Not gonna lie, got home late, and I checked the thread before watching the game, and then only watched the last half of the fourth. Big finish by Conley.
Survived.

4stringAg
AG
Watching the Utah game, looks like Koufos started. Is z-bo sitting out tonight?
xGigEmAggies12x
He hasn't played at all, so I'm guessing so.
4stringAg
AG
They are sitting some other guys too I think. Haven't seen Udrih either. Jordan Adams getting extended minutes.
Gigem Trevas
Where have the two of y'all been all season?
xGigEmAggies12x
Haha well I moved to texas in June so I don't get to watch the games every night anymore. I still follow every game, but not being able to see anything kinda limits my ability to speak on what happens
Iowaggie
AG
Beno and ZBo are sick.

In the pre-game, they mentioned TA was suspended 1 game by the team for an "isolated incident".
4stringAg
AG
quote:
Where have the two of y'all been all season?
I've been here most of the year...
4stringAg
AG
And geez, the Grizz may have not looked worse all year than they look tonight. Ragged, ugly play against an ugly Utah team. 8 point lead for Utah with 5:00 left in the 3rd and Grizz have no offensive rhythm at all.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
And geez, the Grizz may have not looked worse all year than they look tonight. Ragged, ugly play against an ugly Utah team. 8 point lead for Utah with 5:00 left in the 3rd and Grizz have no offensive rhythm at all.

Did you see the Clap game on Friday? That was pretty bad. The Nuggets earlier where they broke it off in the Grizzlies for a 30 point win are two that come to mind.
4stringAg
AG
Yeah, there have been a few. I think this one tonight just seems that way because we have some key contributors out and Utah is a grind it slow team as well. Just can't seem to get any run going...
4stringAg
AG
Well, this one is headed to the loss column. This team isn't the same after the ASB. Starters aren't getting off to good starts in games, offensively were not shooting well at all, and are not playing with any urgency. Got killed tonight on the glass with Gobert setting a record for a Grizz opponent with 24 rebounds.

Tough loss considering Houston lost tonight and we could have used a win to widen the gap. Maybe we can regroup and get the win tomorrow and then a win back home vs LAL before heading on a the 4 game road trip.
xGigEmAggies12x
Green has been brutal the last few games
Iowaggie
AG
This is beginning to look like last year's Pacers' squad.

I am wondering what else is going on behind the scenes, including TA's suspension.
Iowaggie
AG
Allegedly, TA's suspension was a "physical confrontation" with Calathes during practice. I'm assuming it was more than just a practice scuffle.

TA traveled to Houston, unknown on ZBo and Beno, but if they left last night, and weren't able to play yesterday, I can't imagine them on the plane.

Given the past history of getting assed kick in Houston, the missing players, and the general apathetic play, I'm expecting another ass kicking tonight.

4stringAg
AG
After 1Q, Grizz shoot 50% and still down 7. Giving up a lot of 3's in the first Q.
4stringAg
AG
Halftime update: Grizz down 5 as Houston nails a 3 at the buzzer to close the half. Houston shooting close to 60% for the game including 50% from 3pt land.

Grizz second unit did a nice job of getting them back in it after an early 12 point deficit.
4stringAg
AG
3Q: tied at 79 after 3 Quarters. Very good game. Gasol and Zbo heated up in that quarter.

Good start to the 4th as I type this as the Grizz 2nd unit + Zbo extend to a 6 pt lead.
4stringAg
AG

Game Memphis! Big win! Game winner by Gasol with .1 left. McHale has nerve post game complaining about Harden not getting a foul call on his last drive considering Harden goes to the line if you breathe lightly on him..
Iowaggie
AG
Yes, yes, yes!

Gigem Trevas
Just saw the winner by Big Spain.
Houston Summit
AG
Curious... Did you see the play? ZBo even raised his hand indicating he fouled him. It was clearly a foul. Not taking anything away from Gasol, that was a great shot. But it was clearly a foul, and this game should be in OT right now
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Curious... Did you see the play? ZBo even raised his hand indicating he fouled him. It was clearly a foul. Not taking anything away from Gasol, that was a great shot. But it was clearly a foul, and this game should be in OT right now

I did not to be honest. My argument is the Rockets did get themselves in a hole in the 4th, and if they had played slightly better than you could argue they would have won in regulation. I'm sure these two teams will meet again when it matters.
Iowaggie
AG
I saw the play, and ZBo did foul him.

I also saw plenty of plays in the 2nd half where Gasol, T. Jones, Zach, J. Smith were appearing to get fouled and not having it called.

I don't understand why Harden doesn't do that hard drive, stop, step back move that is so hard to stop when the game was on the line. It's a least a clean look and not the drive the lane looking for the foul call play that he did instead.
Houston Summit
AG
Oh totally. Y'all whipped us for most of the 2nd half. And if you read the posts in the rockets thread, you will see everyone will admit that and was pissed at how poorly we were playing.

But we rallied when it counted, and the refs totally impacted the game in a major major division game, and it led to the eventual game winner when Gasol hit that incredible shot. It just is frustrating to see the refs blow it like that with single seconds left on the clock. But again, Memphis made the plays to win, and y'all were certainly deserving
Gigem Trevas
I respect your opinion Houston Summit, but I have yet to post a Game Memphis gif yet.

Houston Summit
AG
Do your thang. I wish we could have done our "shades" victory emoticon tonight, but we'll get y'all next time
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Do your thang. I wish we could have done our "shades" victory emoticon tonight, but we'll get y'all next time

Please beat the Spurs for me next time y'all play. I want that team to be in mediocrity for the next 50 years.
Iowaggie
AG
When this guy is officiating, this is the type of game you get.

The next call Ken Mauer makes in the lane will be the first one.

I know Houston fans are complaining about the lack of free throws, but how many complaints have been made about a team (Rockets) that usually are whistled 23 times a game only be called for 12?

Almost every single player that played tonight shot fewer free throws than normal.

That's how the whole game was called.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
quote:

Please beat the Spurs for me next time y'all play. I want that team to be in mediocrity for the next 50 years.

You got yourself a deal my friend
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Y'all are adorable.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:
quote:

You got yourself a deal my friend

Arguably one of the luckiest franchises in NBA history drafting 2 once in a generation players. We will see what they do in about 2 years with just Kawhi and no Pop.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.