*****Official 2014-2015 Memphis Grizzlies Thread*****

171,930 Views | 1179 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Iowaggie
4stringAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 OT. Wow. Duncan.
Iowaggie
AG
Who didn't see Gasol step through 3 being matched by a Duncan top of the key rim roller coming?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One lucky shot to force another OT deserves another. Just a crazy game.
4stringAg
AG
Grizz had a foul to give. Should have fouled Duncan when he put it on the floor.
Gigem Trevas
God. Sean Elliot is awful to listen to.
Iowaggie
AG
I don't have the stamina to keep posting in 3 OT games.
4stringAg
AG
Worried now about losing this game in 3 OT and being worn out for the Bulls/Cavs back to back on Fri/Sat.

A loss here could be worth 2. Need to find a way to win this thing.
4stringAg
AG
Grizz win.

Damn, I'm drained.

Holy cow.
Gigem Trevas
4stringAg
AG
Man, playing with house money now this week. Given 4 game stretch this week, to start 2-0 against GSW and @SA is something.
Ganondorf
AG
GG
Iowaggie
AG
What was Manu doing?

Exhausting win that proves Grizz can beat Spurs (as long as Leonard and Parker aren't playing)

Bigger win was to go 2-0 vs GSW and SAS in back to back nights.

Gigem Trevas
My heart is still beating after that game somehow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Enjoy that gift Memphis. What a game.
TheDino
AG
Great game Memphis. Always fun playing you guys.
Gigem Trevas
My buddy wanted to go to this game cause he expected a Spurs ass kicking.
4stringAg
AG
quote:
Exhausting win that proves Grizz can beat Spurs (as long as Leonard and Parker aren't playing)

Yep. I'll take a win over Spurs any way we can get it. But you are right, it takes 3 OTs to beat them without two of the best stars.
Iowaggie
AG
Various items from twitter:

Spurs shot better from the 3 pt line than they did the free throw line.

The Grizzlies are only the 7th team in NBA history to win on the road vs a team that made 17 or more 3 pointers.

Grizzlies: 1st team to beat team with the NBAs best record and the defending NBA champion in back-to-back days since 2000-01 Bucks (ELIAS)

And the best one: In the past week, the Grizzlies have won in regulation (Warriors) , won in OT (Sixers), won in 2OT (Hornets), and 3OT (Spurs).
4stringAg
AG
I hope they have enough in the tank to get at least a split with Bulls/Cavs. Coming into the week, I would have gladly taken 2-2 but now that they've gone 2-0 to start off, I'm feeling greedy.
Iowaggie
AG
Yes, I would like to modify my hope for 2-2, to 3-1, unless we win that 3rd game.
Gigem Trevas
I'm afraid they will come out very flat next game or two.
Iowaggie
AG
@FaulknerMemphis 36m36 minutes agoThrough 23 games on Fox SportSouth, the @memgrizz ratings are up 21% YTD! No shocker: last night's game was the highest rated of the season.

4stringAg
AG
Heard on Memphis radio that Derrick Rose won't be playing tonight for the Bulls. Little bit of a break there for the Grizz...
Iowaggie
AG
He shouldn't have missed that free throw with 10 seconds left in that championship he and the Memphis Tigers didn't play during that season that never happened.
4stringAg
AG
Well, its clear the refs are out to **** us again. I've never seen a team get so little respect from the refs down low. Our bigs get mugged and get no calls while other team's bigs can get breathed on and draw the foul.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Well, its clear the refs are out to **** us again. I've never seen a team get so little respect from the refs down low. Our bigs get mugged and get no calls while other team's bigs can get breathed on and draw the foul.
You referring to the Thunder or the Spurs?
4stringAg
AG
Actually referring to the Bulls tonight. They are manhandling Zack down low and getting no calls. And Marc actually got called for a phantom offensive foul on a nifty spin move.
4stringAg
AG
This game not going our way. Missing more shots than I've seen all year. A lot of them front rimmed. Think we have dead legs and against a grinding team like the Bulls, doesn't bode well.
4stringAg
AG
Grizz trying to claw back in but continue to give up the 3. Seems like every team we play has a record night from 3 point land.
4stringAg
AG
Grizz have let Viritic go off for 27points so far on 6-6 from 3 point land. Every run the Bulls have answered with a 3. Grizz can't get closer than 6. Running out of time.
Gigem Trevas
Some no name Bulls player 6/6 from 3.
Gigem Trevas
This loss was expected but could have been avoided.
4stringAg
AG
Grizz lose. Tried to come back and made it a game at the end but just couldn't get the stops and the Bulls hit their FTs down the stretch. Grizz shot terribly from 3 point land and Bulls hit a bunch.

Feel like it was a wasted chance with Rose and Taj Gibson out for Chicago. Pretty clear the starters were dead legged. Lot of missed shots, bricks really, on open looks.
Iowaggie
AG
I was worn out from this past week of games. .. 6 OT in all. Not surprised the team under performed.

Hope for 3 and 1.
Ulrich
Well, the Spurs had another triple overtime game tonight against the Blazers, so that's 6 OTs for both teams this week. I just want December to be over.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.