*****Official 2014-2015 Memphis Grizzlies Thread*****

171,805 Views | 1179 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Iowaggie
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tonight's espn game, and the game is the first time in nba history that two squads with 19+ victories will meet in the first 23 games of the either team's schedule.

And I have to miss it to pick the in laws up at the airport. Double negative.

Iowaggie
AG
These next 4 games:

GSW
@SA
Bulls
@Cleveland

Least confident about the SA game with the remainders a distant 2nd.

Probably would take 2-2 over these 4
Gigem Trevas
20-0 run for the Grizzlies.
Gigem Trevas
Refs making a lot of ticky tack calls against the Grizzlies right now.
Ganondorf
AG
Refs ignore traveling rules on a Conley layup and Kerr and Iguodala get technicals. 4 point play.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Refs ignore traveling rules on a Conley layup and Kerr and Iguodala get technicals. 4 point play.
Sloppy officiating most of the night from what I've seen for both teams.
Ganondorf
AG
I started watching just before the traveling. I'm rooting for the Grizz tonight.
Ganondorf
AG
That was a nice finish.
Gigem Trevas

4stringAg
AG
Golden State got away with multiple travels tonight and the Grizz got away with that one that Conley had.

2nd unit for the Grizz was huge tonight, extended the lead in the first half and held their own in the 2nd.

Big win. Hopefully we can get the win tomorrow night @SA, that one would be really big.
Iowaggie
AG
That 2nd unit, especially in the 2nd quarter was amazing.

GSW are going to be real tough to beat in the playoffs. Lee and Bogut would make a difference because it would move Speights to that 2nd unit. However, between Curry, Lee, and Bogut, I don't think the Warriors make it to the playoffs healthy.

At first I didn't understand why GSW wouldn't give up Klay Thompson in the Kevin Love deal, but I get it. Very valuable to that team.
Ulrich
I've been saying for a couple years now that the Warriors are going to be among the scariest squads in the West for years. They'e got shooters, defenders, size, and versatility.
Gigem Trevas
Thought Memphis sent a pretty good message to the rest of the league tonight.
Iowaggie
AG
Whenever we play GSW, I am constantly reminded about how Lionel Hollins wanted Stephen Curry in the draft, but Heisley and Barone Sr wanted ... (insert derogatory curse word of choice here) Hasheem Thabeet. I believe Wallace wanted Tyreke.

I think I might start drinking early today as I think back to that draft, especially in preparation for a likely blowout tonight.
TheDino
AG
Don't think it'll be a blowout as Kawhi, Parker and Mills are all out tonight.

Looking forward to it though.
Iowaggie
AG
Grizzlies going after a win in SA is like Moby Dick chasing the White Whale.
Gigem Trevas
Tony Allen out tonight.
Ganondorf
AG
Are both sides seriously giving reasons why the other one will blow them out?

SMH
West Texan
AG
quote:
Grizzlies going after a win in SA is like Moby Dick chasing the White Whale.

Moby Dick is the white whale.

But seriously, I expect y'all to win tonight.
4stringAg
AG
Spurs without Parker and Leonard. That should help tonight.

Great start. Vince Carter looking really good on both ends tonight making 3's and making defensive steals and plays.
4stringAg
AG
Grizzlies can't buy a foul call. Big time home cooking right now for SA. Just 1 team foul on SA in the 2nd Q with under 3:00 left.
4stringAg
AG
Grizz letting a big 23 point lead slip away. Down to 10 with 1 minute left before half.
4stringAg
AG
Catastrophic end to the half. 22-8 run over the last 6 minutes. Give up a 3 point (almost a 4 point play) to allow the Spurs to cut the lead to 7.

Man, Grizz just can't handle success, must play a tight game.
Iowaggie
AG
6 fouls called on SA, 3 of them to Splitter.

I grow weary of Courtney Lee fouling jump shooters and then looking at the refs with arms up in disbelief.
It's like twice a game, and at some point, it's you, Courtney, not the refs.

4stringAg
AG
I think in general Memphis gets shafted by the refs every night. Conley gets about the least amount of respect of any point guard in the league. I've seen Tony Parker and Chris Paul get calls all game long when they attack the rim yet Conley has to get prison raped to get a call when he drives.
Iowaggie
AG
I agree on Conley, or at least it isn't consistent with what CP3 and Harden get.

I hate the way that jump shooters are protected with touch fouls on the perimeter, and if a guy drives from perimeter to lane he initiates contact and gets the foul call, while post players get mauled and do not get the call. Not just Gasol and Randolph, but Cousins, Howard, Splitter, etc.
Iowaggie
AG
Not job getting the lead back to 15.
Now lets just keep Calathes out of the game.

4stringAg
AG
And Conley gets arm barred by Joseph and gets hit with an offensive foul. Crazy. Grizz are fighting through it though. They need to keep this 15 point lead going into the 4th...
4stringAg
AG
quote:
Now lets just keep Calathes out of the game.
No such luck. They put him in and the Spurs immediately cut 9 off the lead. Don't understand Joerger's need to play him instead of Udrih.

Now Beno back in the game for Calathes.
4stringAg
AG
Grizz having trouble with this Spurs zone D and are unraveling on offense. Spurs currently on a 12-0 run and the Grizz haven't scored in over 3 minutes while SA has been nailing 3s.
Iowaggie
AG
Big play by VC, followed by VC just watching and not getting a loose ball, but also not covering the 3 point shooter
4stringAg
AG
End of 3rd...5 point Grizz lead.
Ganondorf
Gigem Trevas
Jesus 16 posts since I left. I thought someone on the Grizzlies either was putting in the game of their life or got shot.
4stringAg
AG
Grizz not doing what got them the lead, game now tied. They are trying to help on defense too much and leaving guys wide open now, just play straight up, its like they never learn when they play the Spurs that they can't sag off any of these guys to try to help. Trust your ****ing teammates.

And on offense are just passing up too many shots to try to make the extra pass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.