*****Official 2014-2015 Memphis Grizzlies Thread*****

171,793 Views | 1179 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Iowaggie
4stringAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just don't see any chance at making this much of a series without Conley playing and even then its going to be tough with him wearing a mask. Too many players on GS who can fill it up while the Grizz continue to plod away.
Iowaggie
AG
Because the Grizzlies are so limited offensively, you can't have Calathes and TA on the court together.

It's why for a brief time, Joerger rolled out the lineup with CLee, VC, Green, and Zach & Marc...no point guards. One they haven't ever tried in practice.

To win a game without Conley they will need to play over their heads and have an off shooting night for GSW.
Iowaggie
AG
Per twitter #TonyAllenWalkingThroughThings

Iowaggie
AG

Guitarsoup
Houston Summit
Chipotlemonger
Iowaggie
AG

Guitarsoup
AG
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-story-of-how-stephen-curry-s-agent-and-dad-didn-t-want-the-warriors-to-draft-him-023517645.html

Interesting. Memphis' GM wanted Stephen Curry to work out for them to convince the owner to take Steph over Thabeet. Steph turned it down because he didn't want to play in Memphis.

Curry didn't want to go to GSW and refused a workout, but GSW took him anyway. Curry was trying to drop to 8th for the Knicks.

The Knicks then took Jordan Hill, who Houston got in the Tracy McGrady trade.
tbirdspur2010
Gigem Trevas
Another story of a failed Grizzlies draft pick.
Guitarsoup
AG
http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/grizzlies-allen-curry-aint-nothing-i-aint-never-seen

quote:
"He can shoot the ball pretty good and he got a nice handle," Allen said when asked what makes Curry special. "But it ain't nothing I ain't never seen before."
tbirdspur2010
AG
Jesus, Tony. Silencio, por favor.

Dios mio, don't give the Baby Faced Assassin MORE mental ammo lol
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
"But it ain't nothing I ain't never seen before."

Ah, the rare quadruple-negative. Few can master that type of sentence structure. #Respect
Iowaggie
AG
Dammit Summit, I was going to make the quadruple negative joke.

I can't even interpret that.
Houston Summit
AG
quote:
I can't even interpret that.
You're not doing it right, Iowa!

"That sentence ain't nothin I've never interpreted before" is how I think you should say it. But I could be wrong.
Gigem Trevas
I like how we have jumped from 3 Grizzlies fans to 5 with the addition of Summit and T Bird.
Houston Summit
AG
The gifs keep me coming back
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-story-of-how-stephen-curry-s-agent-and-dad-didn-t-want-the-warriors-to-draft-him-023517645.html

Interesting. Memphis' GM wanted Stephen Curry to work out for them to convince the owner to take Steph over Thabeet. Steph turned it down because he didn't want to play in Memphis.

Yeah, this is a story I repeat about once a year, especially in regards to owner interference in drafts. Although the "we should've" part has evolved over the years; in other words, the name changes as far as who fans think should have been taken before Thabust....Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings at first, than Harden, and now Curry, possibly with some Rubio thrown in there

In a little history of Grizz draft picks, which includes a story of Jerry West storming out of the draft room before the Grizzlies were to pick, Eggman (Kenny Williamson), Tony Barone Jr. and Lionel Hollins all wanted Curry. Owner Michael Heisley and Tony Barone Sr. wanted Thabeet. Chris Wallace has never stated his opinion, but it goes against the normal type of pick Wallace does, but he has never countered the statement that he didn't want Thabust, but does claim not a strong campaign for Evans.

Warning: This link has a photo of Tony Barone Sr., and is just about owner involvement in drafts
Iowaggie
AG
Conley upgraded to possible or questionable for tonight.
Not sure it will matter

tbirdspur2010
AG
quote:
I like how we have jumped from 3 Grizzlies fans to 5 with the addition of Summit and T Bird.

I am an avid fan of the WWE Diva--er ahem, the entire Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Organization.

Nah forrealdoe, I've liked MEM for awhile. Y'all play the right way.
Iowaggie
AG
Man, I hope Steph getting the award throws off his timing for the night, or at least for the 1st quarter.

Gigem Trevas
Easy second foul call on Green and a technical.
TheDino
AG
Mike Conley is a badass. I love that guy.
Iowaggie
AG
Make the layups, please.

Great start by Conley.

And still, no separation from the Warriors.
mAgnoliAg
Iowaggie
AG
Vince Carter is the stupidest 17 year veteran in the NBA
Iowaggie
AG
Has Steph Curry ever been called for a foul during a close game?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Hey I've been watch listing this thread and cheering y'all on too!
Gigem Trevas
quote:
quote:

Hey I've been watch listing this thread and cheering y'all on too!

I just don't remember you posting more than once, while they are pretty vocal.
Gigem Trevas
Couldn't ask for a better first half.
Iowaggie
AG
I take an 11-point lead to half with the same confidence as a Mike Sherman led Aggie football halftime lead.
Iowaggie
AG
But it was a great half.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Most of the times I just would observe the gifs and revel in the fact that It's way easier to like the Grizz and their fans over Choke City and their mob.

Plus, those 2 know their next-level basketball discussion well.
4stringAg
AG
Great half.

Been in Atlanta all day and still en route home so I hope they can keep up the good play.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.