*****Official 2014-2015 Memphis Grizzlies Thread*****

173,939 Views | 1179 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Iowaggie
Gigem Trevas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a bailout on Jason Terry.
Gigem Trevas
Leuer with a nasty dunk.
Gigem Trevas

Iowaggie
AG
That was stunning.

I was somewhat surprised to hear Tarik Black booed so much (he transferred from Memphis to Kansas).

Joey Dorsey is still a beloved Memphis Tiger, however.
Gigem Trevas
Quite possibly my favorite play of the night.
Gigem Trevas
Grizzlies with 5 players out due to the flu tonight.
Gigem Trevas
Didn't watch the game tonight. What happened?
Iowaggie
AG
Just watching now, but during the first timeout, the Raptors must have given Vince Carter a video tribute, and Carter definitely teared up and fans gave him a standing ovation (they didn't show the tribute on TV that I saw, just VC afterwards).

Then when VC got in the game, fans booed him, and he is not making anything. So I'm ready to boo

Iowaggie
AG
Also, they brought up 2 guys from the Iowa Energy.
The PG got there during warmups, Whiteside got there even later.

Conley is not the most clutch player in the league. He also gets no calls.

Grizz outscored in the 4th and missed a few opportunities.
4stringAg
AG
96-92 final in favor of the Raptors. Not a bad loss when you consider road game against a Raptor team with a strong record so far and Lee and Allen and Udrih out with the stomach virus.
Iowaggie
AG
Interesting (unsupported) rumor: Members of the Memphis Tigers are missing practice today because of stomach bug/food poisoning.
Gigem Trevas
4stringAg
AG
Nice win tonight. Led wire to wire. Gasol with a big game and Leuer had a really nice game as well. Was a little worried about the bench play for the first few games but they've stepped it up over the last 5 or 6 games.

This team is set up to go on a deep playoff run if they can avoid injuries.
Iowaggie
AG
If Jon Leuer plays like this against Western Conference teams, they will be tough to beat.

Of course, the majority of the WC teams actually play defense, where Boston is horrible.

Pondexter and Allen were both out with stomach virus. Hopefully all will be healthy against the Floppers on Sunday.
Iowaggie
AG
Grizz defeat the lifeless Clippers.

Gasol follows up his 32 point game with a 30+ point game.

Doc Rivers has felt the need to replace the creepy owner figure with the head coach with the creepy mustache.

12-2 with 22nd consecutive home court win (regular season).

Gigem Trevas
quote:
Grizz defeat the lifeless Clippers.

Gasol follows up his 32 point game with a 30+ point game.

Doc Rivers has felt the need to replace the creepy owner figure with the head coach with the creepy mustache.

12-2 with 22nd consecutive home court win (regular season).

4stringAg
AG
If we get this version of Gasol all year (not so much 30 points per night but a more assertive offensive minded looking for his shot Gasol) then the Grizz are going to be hard to beat in a 7 game series. Him being a major offensive threat opens everything up for this team and we finally have some reliable outside scoring in Lee, Carter, Pondexter, Conley, and even Beno to make teams pay for sagging inside. Plus the reliable guard play from the bench is going to be huge for Mike C and Allen to get plenty of rest during the year.
Iowaggie
AG
Gasol playing great in LA.

Lakers playing better when Kobe isn't in game.

If Tony Allen could make a shot this game, he could have about 16 points because he does such a great job moving without the ball whenever Kobe stands around on defense or just cheats.

Lakers have multiple players that had disappointing runs in Memphis: Ed Davis, Wayne Ellington, and Xavier Henry (injured).
Gigem Trevas
Why are the Grizzlies jacking up 3's?
Iowaggie
AG

So many wins, I'm almost tired of this image.

Ugly win, almost like the Grizz don't like being on the road again this year over Thanksgiving.
Gigem Trevas
quote:

So many wins, I'm almost tired of this image.

Ugly win, almost like the Grizz don't like being on the road again this year over Thanksgiving.
Iowaggie
AG
Nice battle in Portland with a great atmosphere.

Grizzlies up 11 with just over 3 minutes left. Kaman just fouled out.
Iowaggie
AG
Extend the lead to 13.
Conley 1 assist shy of triple double.

Gigem Trevas
quote:
Extend the lead to 13.
Conley 1 assist shy of triple double.

Gigem Trevas
Grizzlies win.
Iowaggie
AG
If Reggie Evans still played with the Floppers, the Grizzlies would have a tough time beating them again, but when they got rid of him and Kenyon Martin, they got softer.

Cousins out with virus, Ryan Hollins got his 2nd T in first half, and Grizz got a little lazy.

Joey Crawford had some unbelievably out there calls. He loves to be the show.

I have to guess that either Gasol and Joerger will get player or coach of the month, or both.
Iowaggie
AG
December will be an important month for the Southwest Division and seeing how they match up with teams. Grizzlies have their first matchups with Warriors, Spurs and Mavs, and also 3 total games against Spurs, and 2 with Rockets. Also, face Cavs & Bulls, and Miami twice.

Trying to decide if I will be happy if they go 9-5, or disappointed.
Gigem Trevas
Joerger wins coach of the month.
Ulrich
Looks like Gasol is intent on securing a max deal next year with the weight loss and increased scoring. He's having a heck of a season.
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Looks like Gasol is intent on securing a max deal next year with the weight loss and increased scoring. He's having a heck of a season.
I hope he stays.
Ulrich
I like Memphis... but I hope the Spurs are able to snag him next year. There aren't many realistic Duncan succession plans out there with the dearth of bigs who play both ways and aren't knuckleheads.

If it's not SA, I hope he stays in Memphis.
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
Joerger wins coach of the month.

His 3rd in his 7 months as a coach.

Iowaggie
AG
I'm hoping Gasol stays, but understand why he would go somewhere with a lot more lights and where you can actually get on TNT more than 0 times a year.

Helps that he went to high school in Memphis, and it is a real cheap place to live, but if his wife wants to live in NY or LA, that's where he is going. He would do well with LeBron in Cleveland.

I also think it helps that Gasol wanted Zach to extend last year.
Iowaggie
AG
Jalen Rose had a pretty good sit down with Gasol, Conley, Allen, and ZBo, and they addressed the free agent issue. It is encouraging, but I know anything can happen...well not anything. He ain't going to Philadelphia or Charlotte.

Jalen with Core 4
mrnegative
Gasol isn't leaving. He seems loyal

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.