*****Official 2014-2015 Memphis Grizzlies Thread*****

173,942 Views | 1179 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Iowaggie
Iowaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Too close for facing a depleted team. I guess every Grizzlies win needs to be an OT game or within 2 points.

Still 6-0 is 6-0

Gigem Trevas
The Grizzlies being 6-0.
Iowaggie
AG
What the hell, Grizzlies?
Gigem Trevas
quote:
What the hell, Grizzlies?

Not watching what happened?
Iowaggie
AG
Loss in Milwaukee.

29-82 from the field
Outrebounded by the Bucks.

Grizzlies bench outscored by Buck.

Not sure why Vince Carter didn't play.

Last play of game went to Courtney Lee, who had a clean look from the top of the key.
He didn't even hit backboard.

They could not make a basket.

Down for the count.
Gigem Trevas
Iowaggie
AG
Also with 2 point lead, Brandon Knight drove, Courtney Lee softly fouled Knight, who made the free throw to take the lead.

Not the best ending for Courtney Lee.

Marc Gasol should have probably given the foul on Knight (they had one to give).

Grizz did shoot 31-34 from free throw line, but horrible from field.

Was 3rd game in 4 nights
4stringAg
AG
quote:
I guess every Grizzlies win needs to be an OT game or within 2 points
True. Grizz in the midst of a 4th Q meltdown vs LAL. The bench got them a 17 point lead midway through the 4th Q and they put the starters back in and the lead shrunk to 3 with 30 seconds left. They just can't handle a big lead. Must grind to wins.

Pulled this one out 107-102...
Gigem Trevas
Beat the Lakers.

Iowaggie
AG
Neat-o stat of the night, the Grizzlies record in the calendar year of 2014 is now 44-16, best in the NBA.

Beno played great, Conley and Zach seemed like they took a 4 hour nap before the game.
Gigem Trevas
Just saw the score of the game. Wow.
Iowaggie
AG
At game. .. Good finish .... hopefully.
Gigem Trevas
Wow. Lucky free throws by Cousin.
Gigem Trevas
Damn it.
Gigem Trevas
OH MY GOD.
Iowaggie
AG
Yes yes yes yes
Gigem Trevas
GRIZZLIES WIN!!! HOLY ****! Kings tv feed is going ballistic.
Gigem Trevas

4stringAg
AG
Insane finish. 26 point deficit and comeback to win with a catch and shoot layup with .3 seconds left. You kiddin' me? Wow.
Gigem Trevas
Iowa you are a lucky man to go to that game tonight.
Iowaggie
AG
I'm amazed at how distracted D. Cousins gets with the crowd. I sit a few rows from the visitor bench, and he was talking more to the crowd than any other, and there weren't a lot of pleasantries.

I remember when Paul Westphal was the coach, and they weren't getting along very well, Westphal would have to help a Cousins not get too distracted by the Cheerleaders, some dog catching a frisbee, or the Beale St Flippers during timeouts.

This Kings team reminds me of the Grizz when Randolph got there and Conley, young OJ, Rudy, Zach and Gasol could play with anyone, but when the bench went ingoodbye competitive game.
RAM 12
AG
Just caught the highlights! Holy moly what an exciting finish, nice win Memphis!
4stringAg
AG
Wacky game. The Kings at one point were throwing up any garbage and it would go in. The Grizz had cut it to 12 at the end of 3rd Q and when Collison hit that leaning 3 pointer at the 3rd Q buzzer that banked in, I thought, well it just isn't the Grizz's night. But true to form, they grinded them down and gutted out a miracle finish.
Iowaggie
AG
sbnation did a pretty good breakdown of the final play and whether or not Hollins tipped the ball.

Yes, yes, yes, yes
Gigem Trevas
quote:
sbnation did a pretty good breakdown of the final play and whether or not Hollins tipped the ball.

Yes, yes, yes, yes
That's even better considering I posted the yes yes yes gif unknowingly.
4stringAg
AG
There was an angle shown on the local FSS broadcast of the inbounds pass that showed a slight bit of space between the ball and Hollins outstretched fingers so he didn't touch it.

Man, Kings have to be reeling after blowing 2 20+ point leads in back to back games...
Gigem Trevas
quote:
There was an angle shown on the local FSS broadcast of the inbounds pass that showed a slight bit of space between the ball and Hollins outstretched fingers so he didn't touch it.

Man, Kings have to be reeling after blowing 2 20+ point leads in back to back games
The Kings announcers were 100% certain it was a Kings win and were flabbergasted when the call did not go the Kings way. They were furious with the officiating crew after that.
Iowaggie
AG
Zach ends up with over 20 rebounds, but about 14 of those were on his own missed shots.

Grizz win.

I swear that the Grizzlies will play the Sixers to about 6 point game.

Iowaggie
AG
I watched both the Grizzlies and Aggies v Missouri using DVR and have seen pretty much every play of both.

As frustrating as it is to see the Grizzlies miss shot after shot in the paint, what the hell is going on with Aggie tacking & defense? That's real frustration.
Iowaggie
AG
What a freaking lame 4th down call in the Aggie game!!!

WHAT THE HELL!!
Ganondorf
AG
I know right.
Iowaggie
AG
I feel like the grizzlies play everyone to about a 6 point game. .. except the rockets. Those games don't seem to be close, with one team playing well and the other looking like crap.

Should be about 26 people in attendance tonight as Memphis folks don't handle the wintery blast real well.
Iowaggie
AG
Kings officially file protest
Gigem Trevas
quote:
Kings officially file protest
Saw that. I don't think I have ever seen a protest ever doing anything.
Gigem Trevas
Quincy looking damn good so far tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.