* Liverpool 2024-2025 thread *

14,373 Views | 272 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by jeffk
RossG_2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
USA Network today.
Alisson will be available.
ChipFTAC01
OregonAggie
AG
I can't even watch. MAKES ME ANGRIER
eiggA2002
AG
Complete disaster there by Konate.

Then a pen on Jota! Mo nails it.
YNWA.2013
What an unconvincing performance. Miscommunication between Konate and Alisson let's Wolves back in the game but a quick response (some 30-odd seconds later) draws a penalty that Salah buries. Not pretty but 3 points away from home + top of the table was the best way this weekend could have gone. CL coming up in midweek. Keep it going
ChipFTAC01
OregonAggie
AG@RICE
AG
About 4-5 times a game Ryan Gravenberch will receive a ball in a tight space, take 1 quick touch and explode upfield blowing past 3 or 4 guys. No other "6" in the world can do that. I think we found our man...
YNWA.2013
Tsimikas, Jones, Gakpo in for Robbo, Szoboszlai, and Diaz
OregonAggie
ChipFTAC01
ChipFTAC01
AG
I was making breakfast, they say why Macallistercame off?
gougler08
AG
Man that looked like nothing but Alisson is done
OregonAggie
AG
Dammit Alisson hurt his hamstring and he's out…
YNWA.2013
Looked tactical. We haven't done much rotation, so it looks like just strategic
YNWA.2013
Non contact, probably a strained hamstring for Alisson. Probably out now 4-6 weeks
hoosierAG
AG
Yeah, Alisson having multiple hamstring issues the last couple years. With his age getting up there this is becoming more of concern.

After dominating first half, pretty poor second half. But take 3 pts on the road anyway you can.
AG@RICE
AG
The 630am game has been a disaster for the last few years. I'd wake up at the ass crack of dawn just to watch us concede in the first few minutes and then try to unsuccessfully crack a parked bus. When Palace put the ball in the net at the start of the match I thought it was just business as usual. Thankfully Konate played Nketiah a mile offsides and 20 minutes later we had the lead.

Palace actually played really well and part of me thinks we would have lost that game last year. The more controlled approach employed by Slot made a big difference today. Instead of opening up the game and conceding early, we stayed tight and organized. Not a perfect game, but definitely worth getting up early for.
YNWA.2013
I agree with the top comment. It would truly be unforgivable for FSG & Liverpool to let these 3 leave for free. TAA needs to be tied up yesterday. How we let the three most influential players on our team reach this stage in their contracts is beyond me.
AG@RICE
AG
The only one of the three I'm willing to let go is Mo.

Trent is a local boy who is an absolute difference maker. Give him a massive raise. This isn't rocket science.

VVD is still playing like he is the best CB on the planet. The bridge from Slot to Klopp was easy because the real driver is Virgil. We were a midtable team before Virgil and I'm not going back there. Lock him up for the next 4-5 years.

Mo is producing, but sometimes he clearly shows his age. He doesn't really have the burst to run past anyone and his shot power has mostly left him. He is currently our highest paid player (by alot), so I can't see him getting a raise. The money for a new TAA and VVD contract has to come from somewhere, and his salary can fuel it.

If I was being optimistic, I'd say they are purposefully waiting to negotiate because they don't want any angry Mo Salah.
jeffk
AG
Agree with all that 100%
eiggA2002
AG
Joyce is plugged in, but this is clear agent speak in my opinion. The article is not concerning at all. If the sides don't have a deal yet, of course they are at an "impasse". Happens all the time. Nothing to freak out about yet. All three sides and their agents are still talking with the club.

We have to sign Trent. That's a no-brainer. Best RB in the world and only 26 (as of today, Happy Birthday TAA!). He's going to demand massive wages. He's earned it.

Then VVD probably on a 3ish year deal with an option for a 4th. He probably wants 4, but he's 33 already.

I feel like Mo wants to stay here, but he isn't going to stay for a discount. Attackers 30+ are just difficult to sign to long-term mega deals. Think he goes unless they get him to sign a 1-year deal. That just seems like kicking the can down the road, don't think that would happen.
Out in Left Field
AG
jeffk
AG
Sounds like a great gig for him.
jeffk
AG
Anything to the rumors that Trent has already told the club he won't be resigning?
YNWA.2013

YNWA.2013
Guess it just depends what sources you believe lol
jeffk
AG
I believe that the truth is out there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.